Does anyone have any idea what this is?

TheBooyotch

I can't for the life of me find any information on this at all! No info on exactly what set this is, when it came out or anything.

Does anyone have a clue? I'd REALLY appreciate it, it's driving me nuts! is this some re-release of the GBP-1S set? I'm stumped...

Valk.jpg

Edited by TheBooyotch

It's a classic Takatoku toy from the early 80s. The valk doesn't transform, it doesn't have much in the way of articulation, and it's in an off scale, something like 1/76 or something like that. It does have a neat gimmick though in that the you can move the head out of the way and expose a pilot's seat IIRC.

It's a classic Takatoku toy from the early 80s. The valk doesn't transform, it doesn't have much in the way of articulation, and it's in an off scale, something like 1/76 or something like that. It does have a neat gimmick though in that the you can move the head out of the way and expose a pilot's seat IIRC.

I never realised that it had that head gimmick (assuming you recall correctly ^_^ )

Yep, it does have that head gimmick, and it's definitely 1/76 scale. It looks like a vinyl toy, but it's actually hard ABS plastic. There's also a VF-1J Hikaru version in a black box. The toys aren't exactly great, but I'm a sucker for that old school Taka packaging and box art!

Yep, it does have that head gimmick, and it's definitely 1/76 scale. It looks like a vinyl toy, but it's actually hard ABS plastic. There's also a VF-1J Hikaru version in a black box. The toys aren't exactly great, but I'm a sucker for that old school Taka packaging and box art!

Gaaahh! Thank you! I couldn't find mention of it anywhere :)

Yeah, the sliding seat gimmick on this would have been pretty cool on the newer VF-1 toys, even if it couldn't transform. It's too bad some company like Kaiyodo couldn't have done this with the Revoltech figures. Maybe, Yamato will attempt it with the GNU line. I mean someone has to try something different, since nothing truly innovative is being done with VF-1 toys. The new 1/60 version has more articulation and a better Battroid mode and a 2-seater with the proposed perfect transformation, but some totally brand new gimmick would be cool to see.

since nothing truly innovative is being done with VF-1 toys

This is a good point - but only sort of. The perfect transformation is a major innovation - and I imagine it took them quite a long time to get to it.

Personally - I would rather that they focus on QC and the like now, rather than innovation.

But - then again - a little innovation never hurt nobody :p

VFTF1

Word of warning, this is an awful toy with no articulation to speak of, oversized gunpod, the GBP armor mostly clips on the front and is exposed in the back, there is no die-cast, the paint is poor on it, and there is no detail anywhere.

There is only the one good feature on this toy and thats the hinged head/raised cockpit.

I wouldn't recommend anyone casually buying this toy unless you are some sort of completist or vintage toy collector :)

Pictures of both 1/76 toys can be found here on the Toybox DX datafile:

http://www.toyboxdx.com/datafiles/data/tak...u2/macross2.php