Macross Zero Mission Memories (magazine?)

Yeah, this was supposed to be the art book for Macross Zero. But the cancelled it and that was that. For shame Big West!

But with luck, everything we missed out on will be part of that new Macross Chronicle Encyclopedia that was just mentioned in the Frontier threads.

Actually, a Macross Encyclopedia has been a long time coming, IMO. We should have had one years ago. The franchise is large enough and old enough that it should have a defacto guide.

I'm not worried about obsolescence. There aren't enough anime productions released often enough to make a Macross encyclopedia obsolete in any short amount of time. If they released one in 1997 (IMO, the perfect time when the franchise needed it), it would have been five years before any new material was released. Macross isn't a franchise in which the creators pump out a product annually whether they have a good idea or not, so a guide would stay relevant for some time. And after five years, I wouldn't mind buying another (or just a second volume).

Still, we're finally getting one from the sound of it, so I can't really complain. Since we've lacked one so far, I suppose the 25th Anniversary is as good a time as any to publish something like that.

This Macross Chronicle Encyclopedia thing... I'm not sure how excited we should be about it because isn't it just one of those one issue a week, DeAgostini type deals? It comes with a binder, though, so I guess the completists may lap it up... Ah crap, that's me. -_-

I think they should wait until after Macross F finishes...if they released it now, there would be too much stuff about it that they wouldn't include.

From the sound of things, it doesn't sound like this collection will contain a large amount of info on MF and may need to be revised later on for Frontier. From the sound of things right now, it appears they may only have enough info to print up to M0.

This Macross Chronicle Encyclopedia thing... I'm not sure how excited we should be about it because isn't it just one of those one issue a week, DeAgostini type deals?

There's a good chance this may be the case, in which case, yeh, don't put your hopes so high.

You have to pay 500-1000yen per week/month depending on the specific title. This ends up costing FAR more than what the same amount of material published in normal book form would cost.

But on the plus size, the info is in easy to use 3 ring binder format, and can easily be scanned. Also frequently include obscure information that would require expensive ebaying to find otherwise.

I'm not familiar with these kind of books. Can someone explain what it is that is so bad about them?

There is always something fun about collecting once a month things and adding it to a fancy binder.

Haven't had one/done that since a kid though lol.

Like first month -

Macross Zero (50 or so pages) less maybe? i don't know i want a huge book.

2nd month, Macross TV series.

3rd, DYRL?.

4th, Flashback.

5th, Macross Plus (plus movie),

6th, Macross 7

7th, Special print (concert/s images plus special 25th Anniversary DVD/CD) and misc stuff from Mr K himself.

7th, Macross F.

Would be fun but not gonna happen probably.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie