Gobot Expertise needed

I was browsing tfu.info, when I came to the gobots page. Some of them look really cool! I'm curious as to how much I can expect to pay for each of these:

Ace

Bentwing

Bolt

Dive-dive

Clutch

Cy-kill (any version, I guess, but black would be really cool)

Buggyman

Dart

Flip Top

Good Knight

Jeeper Creeper

Laser Gun

Man-O-War

Night Fright

Night Ranger

Res-Q

Small-foot

Spoons

Throttle

Twin Spin

Tux

Warpath

Waterwalk (preferably white)

Wrong Way

Zero

I think that's it. Please help me with this, as I'm very unfamiliar with the gobots line. thx! ;D

Check here for extensive info on everything GoBots

For the most part you can find GoBots cheap in lots and such on eBay and just work thru a few mixed piles until you find most everything you want... The most hard to find figures are the later jet and airplane figures like Zero, and you're other biggest obstacle is simply finding accessories for the few that had them (Cy0Kill's wheels, Zero's propeller, Jeeper Creeper's parts, etc)... I myself prefer to collect the Super Gobots...

When I was young and stupid we got free tickets to see "GoBots: Battle of the Rock Lords" at a local cinema in Australia.

I was ready to run out of the theatre, screaming "OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!"

Taksraven

When I was young and stupid we got free tickets to see "GoBots: Battle of the Rock Lords" at a local cinema in Australia.

I was ready to run out of the theatre, screaming "OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!"

Taksraven

At last, confirmation that this movie actually existed! It's not some disturbing figment of my imagination, I feel better now. Actually, I think my Dad actually paid to get me and the brother in to see that - good thing movies were cheap back then. Didn't it have some actual big names doing the voices?

I remember DiveDive was pretty cool, I actually might have him somewhere in the TF boxes my Mom might someday send to me to put on eBay. I'll keep an eye out.

Forigve me for saying this, but you may be the ONLY person who wants Gobots on DVD... :rolleyes:

Hey, I'm sure it's as stupid as a lot of the stuff that I watched as a kid. But it's still a big part of my childhood, maybe more so than Transformers. I mean, I've always liked Transformers better, but my family was poor when I was a kid. I never had a lot of the first and second season Transformers because my parents couldn't afford them, but I had TONS of Gobots, including pretty much all the regular cast.

It kind of sucks that since Hasbro got the Gobots trademarks from Tonka, all they've done with it is slap the name on crappy toys for preschoolers.

Don't forget naming Megatron's gun Leader-1 in Armada!

I think that was just spiteful.

Okay, we get it. Transformers won. No need to go dragging the GoBots through the mud like that(It doesn't hurt that I absolutely LOVED my Super GoBots Leader-1).

They also did a series of "Go-Bots" in Generation 2. Cars with HotWheels-style axles.

But the point is taken.

(It doesn't hurt that I absolutely LOVED my Super GoBots Leader-1).

Super Gobots Cy-Kill was pretty cool too. I especially liked the black and green repaint.

But I think my all time favorite Gobot toy was Zod.

Hey, I'm sure it's as stupid as a lot of the stuff that I watched as a kid. But it's still a big part of my childhood, maybe more so than Transformers. I mean, I've always liked Transformers better, but my family was poor when I was a kid. I never had a lot of the first and second season Transformers because my parents couldn't afford them, but I had TONS of Gobots, including pretty much all the regular cast.

...And I was tempted to get Blackstar on DVD, so really, I can't say anything. Glass houses and all that... ^_^

Edited by Gubaba

I can't believe there isn't a SINGLE Bolt, Bentwing, or Ace on Ebay. And the only Zero they have that's a reasonable price has the chrome completely worn away on the prop. I'd give my soul for a Bolt right about now...although I think they should have also made a P51 Mustang gobot. that would have been schweet.

I can't believe there isn't a SINGLE Bolt, Bentwing, or Ace on Ebay. And the only Zero they have that's a reasonable price has the chrome completely worn away on the prop. I'd give my soul for a Bolt right about now...although I think they should have also made a P51 Mustang gobot. that would have been schweet.

What do you think "ace" is?

http://counter-x.net/gobots/reviews/series3/ace.html

Edited by Phyrox

At last, confirmation that this movie actually existed! It's not some disturbing figment of my imagination, I feel better now. Actually, I think my Dad actually paid to get me and the brother in to see that - good thing movies were cheap back then. Didn't it have some actual big names doing the voices?

You want confirmation? Its not that difficult to find:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GoBots:_Battl..._the_Rock_Lords

And get ready for the kinda b-grade BIG names doing the voices -

"These new characters featured the guest voices of Margot Kidder, Telly Savalas and Roddy McDowall."

Hope that helps you out.

Taksraven

Don't forget naming Megatron's gun Leader-1 in Armada!

I think that was just spiteful.

Okay, we get it. Transformers won. No need to go dragging the GoBots through the mud like that(It doesn't hurt that I absolutely LOVED my Super GoBots Leader-1).

THAT is funny, I never knew that they did that! I double checked on Wikipedia and sure enough.....

"Megatron/Galvatron transformed into a tank and was partnered with the Mini-Con, Leader-1 (when upgraded to Galvatron, the American toy renamed the repainted Leader-1 Clench, treating him as a new character)."

Really, really funny, thanks for that....

Taksraven

well, I've got an Ace now. Zero is still rediculously expensive, and Bolt and Bentwing are apparently nonexistent. A bentwing showed up, but somebody bought it RIGHT as I was about to. It had only been on ebay for like 2 hours. >=/ We hates evilbay, precious.

I don't suppose there are any other online stores or anything I could check? 3: