Fix for VF-0S Shoulders?

ychanus

I have heard you guys talk about the crack shoulder before, and now seeing it on my own VF-0 make me wonder if any of you have found a way to fix it.

Had someone recast the part with stronger plastic? BTW, getting replacement from HLJ is too rich for my blood.

Hope to hear some suggestions.

Thanks!

The replacement arms are probly the best option. I think some one had recast some parts but it will never be as good as the Yamato replacements. One option though is to leave the valk in fighter mode and get a gen 2 vf-0s for battroid like I did.

I actually already loosen the screws when I first got it and heard about the shoulder problem. And it still crack on me. It is a real crack that with separation. However, I'm trying epoxy now.

Getting replacement doesn't guarrantee to fix it, as there is still a chance they will just send me an old version of unbroken shoulders. And then it is just a time bomb.

Edited by ychanus

I actually already loosen the screws when I first got it and heard about the shoulder problem. And it still crack on me. It is a real crack that with separation. However, I'm trying epoxy now.

Getting replacement doesn't guarrantee to fix it, as there is still a chance they will just send me an old version of unbroken shoulders. And then it is just a time bomb.

loosening the screws may help, but the underlying problem seems to be a chemical reaction between those rubber friction pad inserts and the type of ABS plastic used. I guess you could try taking the rubber out and putting down a layer of epoxy for strength and to act as a barrier.

The replacement arms are supposed to be made of a slightly different material. I don't really trust it though and I don't fiddle with mine anymore at all. There's also an awful lot of flashing on some of the rubber pads/rings which can cause pressure on the plastic.

loosening the screws may help, but the underlying problem seems to be a chemical reaction between those rubber friction pad inserts and the type of ABS plastic used. I guess you could try taking the rubber out and putting down a layer of epoxy for strength and to act as a barrier.

The replacement arms are supposed to be made of a slightly different material. I don't really trust it though and I don't fiddle with mine anymore at all. There's also an awful lot of flashing on some of the rubber pads/rings which can cause pressure on the plastic.

How does one tell apart a first edition from the second edition VF-0S? Assuming both are MIB?

VF-0S with ghost combo is the second gen, and the safest bet. If you just get a regular VF-0S it is just the luck of the draw

The single VF-0S I got from HoHoHo Toys on Ebay was a second edition with the feet that lock outward for Battroid mode.

That's the only way you can tell them apart is to see if the feet thrusters lock when you pull them out.

-Kyp

I've had 3 problems with my VF-0A once I recieved it, 1) The cockpit console snapped off the moment I moved the chair, 2) The right shoulder is loose, I haven't though checked to see if it just needs to be screwed on a little tighter, but I may check to see. 3) The part where between the elbow and the mid arm snapped off after I tried to transform it into Battroid formation...so now I need to find a replacement arm.

If anyone knows how I can get a replacement left arm I'd appreciate it.

Here's a reference using Vegas picture on where I snapped it off.

post-600-1203369774_thumb.jpg