Worth of a Masterpiece Jack Archer YF-1R

VenomMacbeth

Hello!

I've been looking for a Masterpiece YF-1R for some time now, and it has eluded me. They don't show up for sale very often, and when they do, they're crazy expensive! I always thought Jack Archer's Masterpiece was a shelf-warmer? Well, anyway, does anyone know where I could get one for cheap enough, say, $50 shipped? I'd like it with the box, so I can display it next to the Masterpiece VF-1A I'm going to be getting soon (hopefully.) I know Jack frugging Archer isn't very popular amongst robotech/macross fans, but I really like the YF-1R design.

[NEW] I'd also like to know how much I can expect to pay for a Matchbox SDF-1, and the Monster MAC II.

Edited by VenomMacbeth

He wasnt popular but they are hard to find. You gotta figure he had a run of 5k compared to 15k for the others. Also with toynamis great quality noone knows how many were damaged or broken right out of the box. I had one with the backpack or where the hinge is not in the slot. The pegs and pieces are all there but for some reason when they built him they didnt think to attach the backpack.

Hello!

I've been looking for a Masterpiece YF-1R for some time now, and it has eluded me. They don't show up for sale very often, and when they do, they're crazy expensive! I always thought Jack Archer's Masterpiece was a shelf-warmer? Well, anyway, does anyone know where I could get one for cheap enough, say, $50 shipped? I'd like it with the box, so I can display it next to the Masterpiece VF-1A I'm going to be getting soon (hopefully.) I know Jack frugging Archer isn't very popular amongst robotech/macross fans, but I really like the YF-1R design.

It was an animation error on Macross and an animation error on Robotech. It wasn't until they used it in the Battlecry games did it become "official" in the Robotech timeline. Any toys with the label "Robotech" is other anime. Unless it's a directly taken from a Macross mold like the Joons or the Matchbox Robotech Destroids... ok I'm just making crap up now... lol. But it seems to work out like that. There are a lot of gray areas here.

For a new in box Jack I would say $100 w/o shipping is the going rate. Ive seen them go for more and a bit less.

would it have been better if I had asked about a "Macross Animation Error VF-1A (US Masterpiece version)?"

what are joons? and...there are matchbox destroids? I thought exo-force made those...

and would somebody please tell me how much I can expect to pay for one?

and...there are matchbox destroids? I thought exo-force made those...

You're thinking too new-school. The ExoSquad toys were WAY later.

The original toyline imported the diecast destroid toys from Japan. I had a Phalanx/Spartan/thing with the drum arms full of missiles.

They also brought over the Joke Machine VF-1. I had a Max 1J. The plastic swing bars that connected the two halves of the body sucked. Which is why it went bye-bye long before the rest of my Robotech toys. Pity, really. It was one of my favorite toys from the period.

In a major embarassment to HG, they couldn't get the realistic VF-1 because Hasbro'd already licensed it for Transformers. Whoops!