A weird question...

Druna Skass

I was flipping though my biology text book, when I got to the genetics section this creped into my head...

OK we all know Meltrans can only have daughters and Zentran's can only have sons. And that humans and the Zentraedi are almost identical, so assuming it's possible, what would happen if a male were to have a blood transfusion and the blood ended up comming from a Meltran or vice versa?

I didn't know this little tidbit. I'm assuming then that Zentrans and Meltrans cannot mate, or else the child will be a hermaphrodite?

:huh:

Never heard of this about the Meltrans and Zentrans. But I guess the whole point of it was that they wouldn't be able to bear child. They could mate all they want. But if the meltran egg was designed to reject sperm that carried the XY chromosome, which is all the the Zentrans had, then pregnancy would always be impossible. :unsure:

I didn't know this little tidbit. I'm assuming then that Zentrans and Meltrans cannot mate, or else the child will be a hermaphrodite?

:huh:

Can't remember where I read it, but it was one of those things that stuck in my head. Something in their DNA dictates the sex (I don't think it's the X and Yx), Meltran-daughter, Zentran-son.

I'd not heard this at all. Where does this information come from? My initial reaction is to think that someone is just inferring this from Max and Millia only having daughters, but is there a legitimate, canon, source for this information?

I'd not heard this at all. Where does this information come from? My initial reaction is to think that someone is just inferring this from Max and Millia only having daughters, but is there a legitimate, canon, source for this information?

There is none.

It comes from the RPG fans and is an indeed an just refering to what they know about Max and Milia and assuming that the way it is. For the RPG crowd it works. The problem is a lot of people read an RPG write up on something and assume it's all a fact.

I thought the male/female division only applied to human/zentradi interbreeding.

When 2 zentradi get it on, the results are still 50/50.

I'm gonna have to agree, because wasn't there a New Macross class colony fleet made up of all Zentraidi? That'd definitely make founding a colony kinda pointless ...

There is none.

It comes from the RPG fans and is an indeed an just refering to what they know about Max and Milia and assuming that the way it is. For the RPG crowd it works. The problem is a lot of people read an RPG write up on something and assume it's all a fact.

So that's where that originated?

Ah well...