Let me see your display cabinets!

Vegas

hey guys im in the market of getting a nice display cabinet. my $2000 collection are stored in a $50 cabinet so i just want to know what you guys have, how much and where to get them. pls post pics too!

i was thinking of getting this:

http://www.displays2go.com/product.asp?ID=2122

Now that is an AWESOME display case. You might as well spend just as much as your collection is worth in order for them to be displayed properly.

Deltolf cabinets are a popular choice amongst a few here. They are usually available through Ikea for a real good price. The problem for me is that I do not have Ikea near me and they want 200 bones for shipping. No way am I going to pay that.

You can get cheap display cases on craigslist occasionally. I almost bought a few several times from stores that were closing.

hey thanks jenius for the tip, i cant believe that theyre so cheap on craigslist hehehe

That is a nice display cabinet, but almost twice the price i paid for mine. Mine was about 1000 aussie. I wanted an elegant look, with enough room to show my stuff, and place all my macross books and dvds below. The drawer is for misc stuff like passports, photos and Fast Packs for my valks. :lol: But by all means don't be swayed from getting an expensive cabinet. Gotta like looking at the cabinet not just the Valks!

1-5.jpg

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

The thing I like most about my Detolf is that, if I run out of space, I just buy another.

dsc00295lj1.jpg

I'm just about ready for my fourth.

::EDIT::

The downside to the Detolfs is that there's not enough space to do a nice line up.

Edited by Dante74

The downside to the Detolfs is that there's not enough space to do a nice line up.

The upside is that the cabinet looks FREAKIN SWEET!!!

The thing I like most about my Detolf is that, if I run out of space, I just buy another.

I'm just about ready for my fourth.

the other downside are those halogen lights you got there.

while its nice and bright, they're not very good for your toys dood.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

the free way to get a display cabinet is to look for someone whos going out of business. the owner has to pay a waste management company to haul that kind of stuff away, so all you have to do is offer to throw it away for them and just take it home with you. if he tries to sell it to you, just say no and come back after closing hours and take it. he'll just think the garbage man took it and you get a display cabinet for free.

the other downside are those halogen lights you got there.

while its nice and bright, they're not very good for your toys dood.

Halogen lights are bad??? Why is that??? I thought just flourecent(spelling) were bad.

Halogen lights are bad??? Why is that??? I thought just flourecent(spelling) were bad.

there are certain types that are better than others but overall, all lighting is bad for your toys(well mostly just white plastics).

the halogens hes got going on there are super bright and get super hot. we all know light is bad but with the addition of heat, it makes it even worse.

Low power LED's are your best bet. Plus you can get them in different colors. Ebay

I had a pretty good set up for a while using blue and white, but that's in storage now.

Here is a cabinet I've been thinking about ebay

auction number 320204974778 The only thing holding me back on this one is the 9.5 depth.

Edited by Roy's Blues

Here is a cabinet I've been thinking about ebay

auction number 320204974778 The only thing holding me back on this one is the 9.5 depth.

good tip on the LED's. i never thought of that. :)

correct me if i'm wrong but i think 9.5" is shorter than the length of a 1/48?

the lack of depth in display cabinets has been bothering me for a while. i want it so i can have all 3 modes displayed one behind the other but i've never see one that deep that wasn't custom made or an open display.

do not disturb,

Nice lookin collection. I didn't realize you were such a lover of the 1/60 Yammies. Guess you'll go nuts with the new PT's eh.

:ph34r:

do not disturb,

Nice lookin collection. I didn't realize you were such a lover of the 1/60 Yammies. Guess you'll go nuts with the new PT's eh.

:ph34r:

my collection has dwindled considerably since that pic. i don't own any DYRL valks outside of the 1S roy, i sold all my TV valks except the 1J and CF, but i kept all the non-canon schemes because i feel they are more unique. if you saw a pic of my shelves now, you'd think i was getting out of this hobby.

i started with a 1/60 because i didn't want to shell out for a 1/48. the main reason i picked up the 1/60's is because of its diecast content giving it the feel/weight of a real toy. its pretty much why i haven't sold any of them even after hearing the news of the newer 1/60's. i prefer diecast toys in general and i already know several versions/scales of the VF-1 in plastic.

my collection has dwindled considerably since that pic. i don't own any DYRL valks outside of the 1S roy, i sold all my TV valks except the 1J and CF, but i kept all the non-canon schemes because i feel they are more unique. if you saw a pic of my shelves now, you'd think i was getting out of this hobby.

i started with a 1/60 because i didn't want to shell out for a 1/48. the main reason i picked up the 1/60's is because of its diecast content giving it the feel/weight of a real toy. its pretty much why i haven't sold any of them even after hearing the news of the newer 1/60's. i prefer diecast toys in general and i already know several versions/scales of the VF-1 in plastic.

I do like a heavyer "toy" or "collectable" compared to the lightness of a Yamato. That is why I LOVE THE CHUNKY!!! :ph34r: