Does yamato 1/48 valkyrie suffer from yellowing?

highlander

I am thinking of getting a 1/48 yamato vf-1s hikaru. My only question is this, since this toy is predominantly made out of plastic and majority of this valkrie's color is white, does anyone here experienced any yellowing on their vf-1s? Any answer may help me decide on getting this. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out.

I had my 1J on the shelf, not in direct sunlight (shady room) for the best part of a year, no noticeable yellowing, but the plastic is an off white to begin with.

I really like the 1/48's. Kinda hard to get hold of in the UK, and a touch on the expensive side but they're lovely toys. And they're to scale (as much as can be expected) with the standard 1/48 aircraft models, which is a nice touch. I've got my little crew guy perched on the shoulders of a battroid and it looks cool in the display case.

Buy it. You won't regret it.

Edit: They also paint up REALLY well, and look stunning with transfers rather than the stock stickers.

Edited by winterdyne

They yellow, all plastic yellows (if it's not covered with paint). I remember seeing a Max 1/48 VF-1A on these boards that was for sale below MSRP because it was a store display that yellowed.

I am sure there is a post in here somewhere with the answer that I am looking for.....but......can anyone tell me how to prevent the Yellowing on my 1/55's? Is there like a special coat of something that I can put on them to prevent this? Cause if they yellowed I would be pissed :angry: .

:ph34r:

Thanks DnD... man... I was already scared of the flourecent bulb I had in my room yellowing my valks but that link made me go out and buy a regular bulb. I didnt want the flourecent bulb there permanently but I kept putting off buying standard light bulbs. Theregulr ones keep blowing though... about every 3 months and I know the flourescent ones last longer, use up less power and are brighter, but I can't use them due to having toys around... sucks.