• VF-17 Nightmare
    • VF-19 Excalibur
    • VF-22 Sturmvogel II
    • VF-5000 StarMirage
    • VA-3 Invader
    • VB-6 Konig Monster
    • VF-2SS
    • Metal Siren

To me there is only one VF that is true to the my image of macross..

and that is the VF-1 series especially the 1J cause of the Head appearance..

the VF-1 is the only VF mecha i can believe in when it is in Battloid mode

the rest of the VF series looks like pure Sci-fi in comparence..

still it is all fun to watch.. and that i believe is the essence of watching anime... :lol:

The way I look at it, the VF-1 will be the ultimate classic VF mecha. As for the other VF's they are all unique to there designs which makes them stand out from other VF's. Unfortunately the successors to the VF-1 will always be more advanced and then you have to remenber to that if it wasn't for the VF-0 and the VF-1 other VF mechas from the VF-4 to the VF-25 would not exist.

Then if the Zentradi did not crash a ship on Planet Earth, VF mechas would not exist at all!!!

I voted for the YF/VF-19 but if the Sv-51 had been up there that would have been it. The YF-19 is a spiced up version of an old classic and the Sv-51 is just well....... lets just say thats in a league of its own in standards of greatness.

The head units on the VF-1J/S have very unique designs (even though there designed for junior and senior officers).

For me I prefer the VF-1S head unit, it looks sleek and aerodynamic and it lets other VF pilots know who you are and that your a Veteran pilot with many years of service.

It's a good thing someone said something, because otherwise I would have been lost. :lol:

Edited by Mr March

I have nothing negative to say about the head units of the VF mechas. Ugly or not each head unit has there Pros and cons about them and unfortunately some head units are better then others when they are being used in combat. Then you got to realize that the engineers had to figure away to put the cockpit in the head unit along with all the optical equipent. The way I look at the engineers had the design the head unit around the cockpit and Optics and not the other way around.

... sorry, maybe i misread, are you saying they put the cockpit in the head of the battroids? :p Only optical equipment in there dude.

... sorry, maybe i misread, are you saying they put the cockpit in the head of the battroids? :p Only optical equipment in there dude.

You didn't misread it, as soon as I made that post I realized I was wrong. The pilot is in the cockpit in the chest in Battloid mode and the Optics are in the head unit. :lol::D

*slaps face* :0

It's a common mistake, with people sketchy on lineart and not remembering Hikaru tilting the head forward and the seat/s popping up from the chest.

Like.. how would Roy be if in DYRL? the cockpit WAS actually in the head and not in the chest. :lol:

I gather you haven't watched it yet so u will understand what i mean when you get to see that scene. ;)

Also in a RT RPG book 1 there is a closeup of the battroid head and if you look closely you can see a pilot. This is NOT official.

Arragghhh dude you need to see an excorcist. BATTROID not Battloid. Demon! :p;) That's ok, i was still calling

Gerwalk 'Guardian' every now and then after i pure~d myself watching the original. :lol: Isn't education fun? lol Damn you HG!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I've already said my piece on the VA-3. It's ugly, but I feel in a good way. Still, my vote was for the VF-4. I'm actually surprised at how poorly the VF-17 stacks up. I'm long used to my preferences being out of line with everyone else's, but I just kinda thought the 17 was more popular than that. I certainly would have guessed it to be more popular than the Thunderbolt, Phoenix, or the Valkyrie II.

On the other hand, I doubt that a lack of votes indicates that people don't like those designs. I imagine a lot of the second and third tier variable fighters would get plenty of votes if you did not include the Valkyries that have enjoyed the spotlight. Get rid of the VF-1, Y/VF-19, YF-21/VF-22, and I really have to wonder where the votes would fall then.

The VF-17 is an interesting case to me. It's a good design and certainly one of the most unique of the Valkyries, but it's not quite what I would call good enough to compete for the top "best of the best" Valkyrie spots. Even after one has spent some time examining and admiring the VF-17 (which I've been doing ever since it's debut on my site) and even after one understands it's transformation, there's still something about the battroid mode that throws off the eye. It just doesn't exactly/kinda/nearly work; almost, but just...not...quite. I think the VF-17 Battroid is a true "damned as it is, damned as it could have been" desing. There's always something too skewed about the VF-17, but if Kawamori went with a straight flip down nose/fuselage, it might have looked sharp but would have been too boring. I can understand why he went with a unique transformation even at the expense of some aesthetic design. But I loveses it, warts and all :)

That's ok, i was still calling Gerwalk 'Guardian' every now and then after i pure~d myself watching the original.
Dude....dude! I totally forgot about Guardian mode! I've been callinng it Gerwalk for so long now. But, looking back, Guardian does sound a little more kick-ass.

Dude....dude! I totally forgot about Guardian mode! I've been callinng it Gerwalk for so long now. But, looking back, Guardian does sound a little more kick-ass.

haha yeah well Battloid is totally gey, Guardian atleast sounds cool, and "veritech" isn't so bad but will never beat Valkyrie for coolness.

Of course the days where i use RT slang are long gone, unless i forget the Jap original name of a nobody character in the series... :X

*slaps face* :0

It's a common mistake, with people sketchy on lineart and not remembering Hikaru tilting the head forward and the seat/s popping up from the chest.

Like.. how would Roy be if in DYRL? the cockpit WAS actually in the head and not in the chest. :lol:

I gather you haven't watched it yet so u will understand what i mean when you get to see that scene. ;)

Hikaru's head gets bashed in by Kamjin at one point in the TV series too.

And crushed by Britai at another.

Edited by JB0

I had a long argument a long time ago with this guy who insisted the head was where the pilot sat. I just had to keep explaining that the scene where hikaru pops up from the head in the VF-1D has a chair that elevated. It's not him INSIDE the damn head. Then he had to admit "yeah ok it's the chest."

This was regardless of whether you had seen lineart. It just isn't logical to assume that is where the pilot sits, since the britai fight exposes the insides for all to see when he rips the chest plate off. (which is why I still love the vf-1 more than the vf-0 because of how the pilot escapes/ejects in battroid mode compared with the vf-0)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker