Yamato Macross Toys Retrospective Book....

miriya

This is the idea I had (and please excuse me if someone already had the idea)....

A book with full color high quality images of all the Yamato Macross toys, including of course all the images from their image viewer that we have already seen but also including line art, CAD drawings, Prototypes, Kawamori sketches, inspirations, and other relevant images.

Wouldn't that make a really cool book? I think that it would boost their sales tremendously too so good for us and good for them. Then in 2 years they can make a part two with all the stuff they have released since.

Graham, what do you think about this? Can you propose it to Yamato?

MW members, what do you think? Is this something that you would buy?

Edited by miriya

Hey guys I just posted some questions on the "what's wrong?" topic but it looks like no one cares about that topic anymore. I need help from the erpexrts! I love my valk but those little problems are pissing me of. Thanks for your help.

I have the TF generations books and they are great other toy MF`s have done similar so why not Yamato I even like the Box Art Hasegawa one by Tenjin Hidetaka and thats only paintings etc.

Bring it on I say.

We could put together some good pictures, as a concept, after all there are quite a few here who are good with a camera. Then next time The G Man goes over to Yamato for afternoon tea he can float the idea to them.

so, decent response in the first hour.

I just had another idea, maybe part of this book or a supplement or a seperate thing all together... to have the MW customs in print too. Basically the photos from the MW customs pages. That may be a separate thing or perhaps Yamato would allow a select few as a last chapter or something.

so, decent response in the first hour.

I just had another idea, maybe part of this book or a supplement or a seperate thing all together... to have the MW customs in print too. Basically the photos from the MW customs pages. That may be a separate thing or perhaps Yamato would allow a select few as a last chapter or something.

yeah, that's a good idea. I'd be much more interested in a book like that, the more information/exclusives they can offer. Maybe it's because I already own so many of them, I'm just not that interested in a book. Unlike transformers which has SO many different and unique bots that I know I'll never own.

Interesting idea, but they'd probably have to get the okay from big west and kawamori. I sure as hell am curious about the things that never went into production (1/60 Monster), or prototypes that wound up being rejected (Graham mentioning the rejected 1/60 YF-19s).

I'll do a little game of echo here:

1) I don't care much about finished product pics. I own almost every variant of all their toys and I gladly share pics and there are several other people like me so between all our sharing and the number of people who own their own examples finished product pics are a dime a dozen.

2) Prototype pics are COOL. If the focus of the book was to start with the very rough ideas and show all the failed attempts and explain the reasoning behind certain changes that would be really cool. I wanna hear juicy stuff like "Toynami announced they were doing a 1/65 MPC so we decided to go a 1/60 route over our initially planned 1/72 offering. Toynami then changed to 1/55 but we were happy we stuck to the 1/60 scale, it has turned out well for us." Then I wanna see pics of 1/72 scale prototypes.

3) I would want lots of pictures and sketches of toys that were ultimately left on the drawing board and more explanations on why they never made it. Show me the 1/60 MACII and any drawings of a potential Macross that got shot down.

4) Describe the motivation behind non-canon schemes. Give the original artists props. Segue that into a customs Gallery (although that would take lots of people making their handy work public domain and voluntarily not profiting from it).

I don't know... would have to have some really GREAT photos to be able to match some of the contributions we get from board members here.

Though, if it were full of CAD, resin and PROTOTYPE pictures, that would make it tempting for me.

Why don't they do up a competition for a book of 300 + pages of poses contributed from members all over the world?

I know i'm made of the right stuff to contribute to something this cool. :) All i need is to get my lighting right! ><

That and maybe make up a small "room" to display the Valk poses in with no silly background (chairs, cats, kitchen utensils lol)

meh i think it's cool idea. :D

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Why don't they do up a competition for a book of 300 + pages of poses contributed from members all over the world?

LOL! I can see it now. a HG laywer holding up that book in a court as evidence that Yamato has been selling Macross stuff internationally and claiming their cut. :lol:

Edited by Dante74

ohhhh,,,,

hmmmm,,,

well,,,,,

I guess,,,

But..

THEY are not selling in the US! Some other naughty people are!

So does that mean the HLJ is breaking the law by selling us these?

I do not understand. I know that the whole HG / Big West / Studio Nue thing has been sticky for the last 20 years but how would a book like this be a copyright infringement?

I wish they could all just get along and sort it out so that the fans could enjoy Macross more freely. If it was not for these legal absurdities we would have good subtitles for Macross Zero and the new HD release of DYRL would come with English subtitles too.

I wonder if Carl Makec (spelling?) hates the non-Japanese Macross fans. Especially ones like me who got hooked on Robotech and then switched over to Macross. I find that people like me have a love/hate thing going on with him.

Anyway, back to the point, I think that there should be no problem with customs but I am not a lawyer.

Also if they just put out a book with all the other stuff, the ideas, CADs, Line art, Prototypes, and finished products that would be cool. Of course much cooler with customs too.

I know that many people have mentioned that the photos of the final products are a plenty online and that some of us already have all the variants but for me, I do not have most of them and although I do spend hours gawking at yamato macross photos online, I would really like to look at them in print. I was thinking about even enjoying a catalog in print so that I can crave, compare and BUY MORE VALKS!!!!!

/Rant-Rave