The Anime Trivia Thread

areaseven

Nobody got it... and I thought it was an easy one.....

Answer is: The Time card!

Next one.... In Sore yuke! Uchuu senkan Yamamoto Yohko, of the Terran girls, who flies the fastest ship, and what is it called?

During the anime sequence in Kill Bill, how many people did O-ren Iishi kill on-screen?

Off the top of my head...4?

The boss, a couple of henchmen, and the guy in the car...my memory is starting to fail me, it's been a while sense I've seen the film :p

During the anime sequence in Kill Bill, how many people did O-ren Iishi kill on-screen?

Off the top of my head...4?

The boss, a couple of henchmen, and the guy in the car...my memory is starting to fail me, it's been a while sense I've seen the film :p

LOL, that's my exact guess, but I didn't feel like geting it right and having to think of a question. lazy bum that I am!

What happens to Amondull Stack in the anime L-Gaim?

Okay...guess that was too hard :p

Answer: the Amondull Stack was damaged while Daba and crew captured it, and thus was repaired becomeing the L-Gaim mk2.

Mmm...I'll make this one much easyer...

What is the name of a rather recent somewhat western themed sci-fi anime TV series that featured "Grappler Ships"?

Time for an anime music question:

Anime vocalist Hironobu Kageyama is not a member of which band?

A ) Try Force

B ) V6

C ) Jam Project

D ) Lazy

The answer is D. Does using Google to find the answer count? Interestingly enough, that name doesn't show up in Doi's Seiyuu Database.

The answer is D.  Does using Google to find the answer count?  Interestingly enough, that name doesn't show up in Doi's Seiyuu Database.

Incorrect. Try again.

Lazy was Kageyama's first band. They recorded a few albums during the late '70s and early '80s before Kageyama went solo. In the late '90s, they reunited for a few songs; one of which is the opening theme for Zone of the Enders: Dolores,i.

Edited by areaseven

The answer is D.  Does using Google to find the answer count?  Interestingly enough, that name doesn't show up in Doi's Seiyuu Database.

Incorrect. Try again.

Lazy was Kageyama's first band. They recorded a few albums during the late '70s and early '80s before Kageyama went solo. In the late '90s, they reunited for a few songs; one of which is the opening theme for Zone of the Enders: Dolores,i.

That's what I get for going with the first site I found. I don't feel so bad about looking it up now, though.

Well, that was a tough one. The answer is B. V6 is the boy group that did the first opening theme for Inu-Yasha.

Kageyama was involved with Try Force (Heat Guy J) and JAM Project (Mazinkaiser, The Soultaker).

Time for an easier question - Jeopardy!-style:

A statue of this famous singer is featured in Di Gi Charat: A Trip to the Planet.

What is Sanctuary? I know there was a live-action version of this manga title, but I didn't know there was anime. I gotta track this down.

Viz Video released the OAV before the low-budget live-action film. Both versions have their advantages and disadvantages:

Sanctuary OAV

Pros: Good soundtrack, pretty close to the manga.

Cons: Story too short; no emphasis on the Cambodia subplot.

Sanctuary Movie

Pros: Covers Hojo and Asami's days in Cambodia.

Cons: Cheap camera work; actors look weak.

I'm pretty sure there was an anime. The manga series is great though. Now I'm pissed because it was the first question in the last 5 pages I actually knew, and saw it too late. :p

:lol:

Sorry Sean :p , I was stumped on all the music questions as well.

Ok, in 801 T.T.S. Airbats, what plane was Arisa flying in Isurugi's dream sequence? (I'm not being variant picky, as long as the answer is close enough)

argh i KNEW it was sanctuary, why didnt i put that down? oh well! i have no idea about the airbats lol - isnt that by the same folks as riding bean or gunsmith cats?

Nope, Airbats was produced by Studio Fantasia (A-ko the Versus, Gunbuster), co-produced by Gainax, and character designs were by Yuji Moriyama (Project A-Ko, Agent Aika, Maison Ikkoku). Kenichi Sonoda did the designs for Riding Bean and Gunsmith Cats. ;)