The Anime Trivia Thread

areaseven

It's like the generic credit that Sunrise use I think. Like 'Alan Smythee' is in Hollywood movies. Although the 'Alan Smythee' credit is used for people who don't want their names on credits of really bad movies.

heh, close enough = good enough, that's my motto! Anyways, I'm away from the computer all weekend so here's an easy one that doesn't need me to check it.

What is the Leek alien from Gantz's favourite saying?

Time to shift gears on this thread. As you know, trivia questions can be posted in the form of Q&A, multiple-choice, fill-in-the-blanks, or Jeopardy!-style (questions in the form of answers, wherein the answer has to be a question). But what do you guys think of adapting the trivia format of the obscure Japanese game show Hey! Spring of Trivia (which is shown on late nights on SpikeTV)?

Time to shift gears on this thread. As you know, trivia questions can be posted in the form of Q&A, multiple-choice, fill-in-the-blanks, or Jeopardy!-style (questions in the form of answers, wherein the answer has to be a question). But what do you guys think of adapting the trivia format of the obscure Japanese game show Hey! Spring of Trivia (which is shown on late nights on SpikeTV)?

Would be helpful if you explained what that trivia format was.

Would be helpful if you explained what that trivia format was.

Thought you'd ask. I'll try as much as to explain it, even though the concept itself still doesn't make sense.

In Hey! Spring of Trivia, a group of celebrities are given a piece of what seems to be useless trivia. On each table is what I call a WTF button. Each celeb taps the WTF button to give that trivia "Hey!" points. After the trivia is posted, the show goes deeper into explaining the facts. The trivia with the most "Hey!" points wins the Golden Brain award.

Examples of trivia:

1. Firefighters in Japan use the stairs, not the fire poles.

- One fire department official explains that since the building has over 10 firefighters and only one pole, it's faster to sortie through the stairs.

2. In Taiwan, the crosswalk signs "run."

- Instead of a flashing "DON'T WALK" sign, a sprite animation of a pedestrian running is used, while a clock ticks within 60 seconds. Ironically, the sign is not effective, as pedestrians still jaywalk, anyway.

3. The Japanese railroad tracks are covered in lion feces.

- Yes, it sounds weird, but it's what the JR transit does to ward off deer. Since then, there have been less deer fatalities on railroad tracks. So if you go to Japan and decide to take the train, don't be surprised if you smell a lot of sh*t during the trip.

Yeah, I know it doesn't make sense, but if we could successfully adapt the concept in anime trivia form, maybe it'll work.

A side note: One episode proved that the katana is powerful enough to resist the force of an industrial water cutter.

Edited by areaseven

• 3 weeks later...
Figure 17 and End of Eva

correct.jpg

Is it me or did someone here actually watch Figure 17?

Your turn, JELEINEN.

I haven't gotten around to finishing it yet, but I did rent the first few discs. It's not bad, but I've got so much stuff to watch at home already that it's a ways down on my list.

Anyway... On what film was Miyazaki Hayao promoted from key animator to "Scene Design." a position created specifically for him?

• 1 month later...

Time to dust off this thread once again. Next question:

Which title was the first anime to be featured on a NASCAR stock car?

A. Yu-Gi-Oh!

B. Pokemon

C. Speed Racer

D. Duel Masters

E. Digimon

Bonus: Name the number, car sponsor and driver of that car, as well as the team that owned that car.