Super Stealth 1/48 scale

Qrusader

I just bought two of these (Stealth Valks with super parts) and Urban Camo Armor for each. I haven't bought a Valkyrie since the Low Viz original run (it's been a loooooong time!) And was hoping to get some opinions on this toy. How has Yamato done with the 1/48 line in the past few years?

Mine has a few problems. The right foot would not open all the way at first, and I had to partially dismantle the leg and use a lot of force to get it to open up. One of the doors covering the landing wheel on the left leg will not stay closed. The FAST cannon and missle attachments fall off at the slightest touch.

I'm pleased with my purchase, but wanted to let you know they can have problems. If you get a chance, post a pic with the urban armor as I'm considerng that purchase myself.

Thank you for all the feedback! Especially that "...except i can't see mine.." line. Good stuff.

I will post some pics once I get them (Monday the 22nd) and get them set up.

thanks again guys!

post-917-1192763083_thumb.jpg

I love my stealth more than all my other valks (waiting on the YF-21), because the design is classic and the colors are awesome. And with just a little customization, it looks way better: GBP armor hands, paint the eye translucent green, and touch up the shoulders and heat sheild.

And with just a little customization, it looks way better

I thought the "Stealth" release would bring on a string of Blue Roses customs. I don't have a Blue Roses one, but I did change mine up slightly. I wasn't a fan of the "Stealth" scheme when the pre-release pictures were posted, but I've grown to like it.

vf1xstrikewithvf1sstrikwd7.jpg

vf1xpanellines010nl5.jpg

p718000201ue9.jpg

I haven't bought a Valk in years, but I am so glad I got the Super Stealths...they look incredible. Thanks for all of the feedback and honest input. I'll post some pics when they get here (Monday I hope!!!!)

Any thoughts ont he GBP Urban Camo Armor? How is the overall quality?

Lol thats like financial suicide for now... lol...

Thanks thou... :lol:

Once the Yamato Macross bug hits.... Seems like financial suicide. Is financial suicide. Will find a way. It is a problem that many of us have. Somehow Yamato Valks get top priority. It is like some evil curse!!! :lol:

Yeah! I'm still waiting for my first 1/48 and I'm already doubting between buying a PSP or another valk instead! :lol:

And yes, the stealth 1J is an extremely cool toy, it's a hot black girl. Unfortunately for me there is a lot of other valks that I must get first. My collection is begining too late. <_<

I got my 2 Super Stealth Valks and Urban Camo armor....I forgot the simple joys of these plastic masterpieces. My god, when you get one posed just the way you like, and set up...it makes even non-toy collectors appreciate the "cool" factor of these behemoths.

I have one all set up in Strike armor and the other in Urban Camo GBP Armor. Utterly awesome. I'm so glad I came back into collecting. It's been too long.

I'm thinking of picking up the Low Viz 2 Woodland 1A and some Woodland GBP armor for it. I guess my bank account is going to get a lot thinner!