Bionic Woman a.k.a. Overtime for Galactica Actors

So the new Bionic Woman. First off, I think I've counted 5 Galactica actors within the first 3 episodes. I saw Chief Tyrol in the pilot, could've sworn I saw jammer as one of the EMT's in the ambulance that took Jaime after the crash, Roslyn's spiritual advisor in the second ep, Baltar's lawyer is the inventor of the Bionics/Anthrocytes and off course Starbuck as the first Bionic Woman.

Yes, it makes sense because David Eick is Exec Producer on both shows. It just kind of amuses me. I can imagine him approaching some Galactica actors with the question, "hey, are you down for working some O.T. tonight? Yeah? Cool, well come over next door when your off and well get you some scenes in Bionic Woman" :lol:

I think the show is ok so far. Despite the Galactica alum, it's definitely not Galactica.

my main gripe is that the girl playing Jaime Sommers is just too average. She reminds me of a cross between Liv Tyler and Alicia Silverstone. I think Katee Sackhoff really outshined her acting wise in the Pilot. I also find the little sister a more interesting personality than Jaime. I'm gonna give it a few more episodes. Maybe it hasn't hit it's stride yet, and I read that there was a change in staff and Jason Katims is now running the show. So hopefully it will take a different and more exciting direction soon. Otherwise, I'm not sure about this one lasting. What do you all think?

Well, she is definitely more feminine looking in this show, longer hair, makeup.

It's just funny how blatant some of the scenes are. In the last episode they are talking about how her character Sarah Corvus would break through a wall to get what she wants and then they cut to a shot of her punching a wall in her motel room. Super Corny.

Could someone explain to me the reasoning of installing milspec hardware into a civilian in these cyborg shows? Sorry that is just one cliche that is running rampant in this genre.

That's actually been touched on. It seems she was being considered for this for a while.

The show's pretty good imho.

Hey Chowyunskinny, I'm not sure what you think an average girl is, but in my book it's definitely not a cross between Liv Tyler and Alicia Silverstone! :lol:;)

I think the actress playing Jamie is very pretty. She looks like the type of girl that will look hot in a fancy dress or in a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. And I like the fact that they are trying to portray her as an ordinary person (that's just what she was before the bionics). As for the obvious scenes, every show seems to do that at the beginning. I think they are trying to set up the characterizations. If you watch a show long enough, you get to know the characters and so you don't need those kinds of repetitive explanations that they throw in when trying to get a show established.

So far, I think the show has been pretty good. (only three episodes :rolleyes: so time will tell). It looks like they are trying to add some almost X-files like mysteries into the story so hopefullly they can keep a good balance of action and suspense. All-in-all, it looks like they've done a good job reimagining this show.

Now. when does the 6-Billion (inflation you know)dollar man show up? :lol:

Edited by jardann

By average I should have mentioned I meant her acting so far as well as her looks.

I feel like she gets upstaged by all her scenes with Katee Sackhoff.

For Jaime being the main character of the show I don't feel invested in her character at all.

As for the Obvious scenes, there are some that makes it feel like they assume the audience is dumb (the whole wall punching scene).

Then there's scenes that made no sense in the context of their abilities.

How was it that Sarah Corvus did not hear the strike team creeping up on her (doesn't she have ear bionics also?)

I do enjoy this show for what it is. It certainly isn't Galactica and I don't expect it to be however, it's not as intriguing, detailed, or as exciting as what I expected. It's a little generic and I do feel the writing lacks a bit. I also have noticed the effects have taken a little bit of a dive after the first 2 episodes. Apparently, they are having issues/controversy on which head writer is taking the reigns while David Eick is off polishing the final season of Galactica. Overall I do like the show, but if I miss an episode it's no big deal.

Now. when does the 6-Billion (inflation you know)dollar man show up? :lol:

He actually should have showed up before the Bionic Woman. In the original, it was Steve Austin's influence that got Oscar Goldman to approve Jamie Sommers surgery. I saw the first episode and while it was okay, it was not enough to make me devote an hour of my life each Wednesday.

So here we have Jamie Summers, yet another rock 'em, sock 'em, bigger and better than anything with balls chick who pouts all day and ponders the meaning of her mysterious life. What a snooze fest. The action-chick character has become a worn and tired cliche and this is just another pathetic reminder of that fact. If anyone wants to get the gist of this trash, just watch an episode of Dark Angel, Alias, Xena, whatever...

Edited by myk

I DLed the first three episodes and myk sums up my thoughts rather well. I absolutely don't connect with any of the characters, but that's just me :p .

Shade, the bionic sound effect was apparently a ringing in Summer's ears, but it's not played when there's a bionic feat being performed.

There's not enough bionic action (aka not enough money for SFX), lack of technical information, poor direction, and lots of nonsense I wouldn't put up with (annoying rude, disrespectful dolts).

So here we have Jamie Summers, yet another rock 'em, sock 'em, bigger and better than anything with balls chick who pouts all day and ponders the meaning of her mysterious life. What a snooze fest. The action-chick character has become a worn and tired cliche and this is just another pathetic reminder of that fact. If anyone wants to get the gist of this trash, just watch an episode of Dark Angel, Alias, Xena, whatever...

Well the theme has worked for the last 50+ years why change now? :lol: I mean this is what you get when people slavishly watch garbage for years and then drop it because it's beyond bad, but then jump on "the next great thing!" that's a clone of the first. Don't like the show, don't support it by watching it. ;)

But they have tried to make it work. They pulled enough regulars from other shows in an attempt to! They know it's a dog, but they trying anyways.

@ David Hingtgen, yeah LIFE isn't too bad. But more of the cliche slow speaking red haired cop? Take out the ZEN stuff and it's pretty bad.

I like it more for the "child-like wonder" at all the new gadgets to him we take for granted. All depends on how long that'll keep amusing me. But for his actual methodology of crime investigation---he keeps making me think "if Dr House was a detective".