anyone got a gundam pg kit?

RichyX

ok

bit off topic i know but i was looking at display your collection threads and notice a few of you have the gundams

ive been interested in getting one of the gundam pg kits preferbly wing zero

but whats putting me off is do they need painting? as the bits are on sprues are they not

if anyone has one built and hasnt had it painted and just put it together anychance of some close up picks of it please so i could see the quality and what it looks like built

also a variation in soze say compared to a yamato 1/60 valk etc

id be very gratefull for you help

thanks

ok

bit off topic i know but i was looking at display your collection threads and notice a few of you have the gundams

ive been interested in getting one of the gundam pg kits preferbly wing zero

but whats putting me off is do they need painting? as the bits are on sprues are they not

if anyone has one built and hasnt had it painted and just put it together anychance of some close up picks of it please so i could see the quality and what it looks like built

also a variation in soze say compared to a yamato 1/60 valk etc

id be very gratefull for you help

thanks

Well mate, I think I can offer a bit of help.

For pics, you can go to www.dalong.net and check his PG section.

I can't really recommend Wing zero, it's way too backheavy and some parts are not that well-thought when it comes to construction.

I can wholeheartedly recommend Strike or Strike Rouge. Not hard to build (you just cut the parts and snap them together, no glue or anything), everything is moulded in colour and the only thing I had to do was panel-line the thing.

Strike is at 1/60 scale and stands around 30 centimetres tall. It's got lots of articulation points and nifty gimmicks (panels move as you move the leg\arms, exposing pistons and the inner frame).

By the way, there's an expansion "Set" for Strike that offers Skygrasper (1/60 plane) along with a winged backpack and a display base. The runners for the expansion set are included by default in the Strike Rouge set.

thankyou

will take a look at the link

i have seen th esky grasper kit but theres just something about it im not sure on

as wing zero just looks good i think with the angel wings, its either that or the one with the blue like spikes coming off his back

carnt you tell i dont know gundam :lol:

so alls iwould need to do is just get a panel liner then, what about the indents from the sprues aswell?

i take it thats the inner skeleton part

the more i see them the more i want them lol

so which is the prefered one to get as i could only buy one at the minute

i want that looks good and for people to say wow look at that when its on display

Check out dalong.net for comprehensive pics of every gundam kit ever, including boxes and instructions. I have the GP-01/FB that I fully painted and finished and it is simply amazing... currently it's on display at the local HobbyTown model shop all painted up... I've also got the RX-78-2 kit and it is pretty solid but a little more delicate feeling... not finished tho. Seriously tho, they are amazing kits, and can look like decent action figures without painting, but honestly there's no competition compared to a painted model... Wing Zero Custom has some minor naggles tho... delicate hands and not as great construction...

Check out dalong.net for comprehensive pics of every gundam kit ever, including boxes and instructions. I have the GP-01/FB that I fully painted and finished and it is simply amazing... currently it's on display at the local HobbyTown model shop all painted up... I've also got the RX-78-2 kit and it is pretty solid but a little more delicate feeling... not finished tho. Seriously tho, they are amazing kits, and can look like decent action figures without painting, but honestly there's no competition compared to a painted model... Wing Zero Custom has some minor naggles tho... delicate hands and not as great construction...

thanks mate

ill take a look and see which one i like

ive never painted a model in my life and dont plan to start to be honest as i know i havnt got the patience to do it

i still have a valk with the reactive armour and a wave valk in kit form and i dont want them to be messed up so they may stay in kit form for a long time :lol:

Hi,

I'm a gundam collector & just move to macross recently.

Just my opinion, If u want the PG with the best action range & inner frame, the latest PG Strike is the best choice as the range of action is far more better than any of the PG.

About the wing Zero, The design is good but there is no stand provided plus collectors need to be Xtremely careful with the small wings as they are made from semi-hard plastic. There are lot cases on broken wings.

If compare with inner frame, Wing zero is not as good as PG Strike & don't even compare with RX-178 MKII as the RX-178 MKII has the best inner frame with the most complicated & most detail design.

Another thing which collector need to keep in mind is that building a PG is not easy & time consuming as I spend ONE WHOLE MONTH to complete it, FULLY.

Hi,

I'm a gundam collector & just move to macross recently.

Just my opinion, If u want the PG with the best action range & inner frame, the latest PG Strike is the best choice as the range of action is far more better than any of the PG.

About the wing Zero, The design is good but there is no stand provided plus collectors need to be Xtremely careful with the small wings as they are made from semi-hard plastic. There are lot cases on broken wings.

If compare with inner frame, Wing zero is not as good as PG Strike & don't even compare with RX-178 MKII as the RX-178 MKII has the best inner frame with the most complicated & most detail design.

Another thing which collector need to keep in mind is that building a PG is not easy & time consuming as I spend ONE WHOLE MONTH to complete it, FULLY.

thankyou for that info ate much appriciated

i have the time to build it thats not a problem, what i dont want to do is paint it as i know i will mess it up and that would be the kit reuined

aslong as it looks nice when completed and doesnt need paint i will be happy

obviously wouldnt rush it i would take mty time so everything is correct

thankyou for that info ate much appriciated

i have the time to build it thats not a problem, what i dont want to do is paint it as i know i will mess it up and that would be the kit reuined

aslong as it looks nice when completed and doesnt need paint i will be happy

obviously wouldnt rush it i would take mty time so everything is correct

I've seen a PG gundam assembled without a paint job and it looks pretty decent. Try this link that will take you to Starship Modelers where buildups are posted. http://www.starshipmodeler.com/gundam/bk_pg_gunii.htm

That post shows a build up of RX-178 Gundam Mk. II, the latest addition to the PG family. While no paint is necessary, touch ups here and there, either using gundam markers or other weathering techniques (such as dry brushing, bocasi, etc.) would make the model look better (even if you don't go for the full airbrush job).

Evil Gundam kits, get thee out of the Macross toy forum.

Note for the poster, this thread is in completely the wrong place as it is not about Macross toys, heck it's not even about a toy!

Graham

thanks <_<

the website has that few rooms its hard to know where to put something like this as i dont knwo

maybe there should be a room for other japanses toys? or a general discussion area so people can talk about almost anything else!

here's Wing Zero next to some 1/48s for size comparisons:

One of these days, I'll finish building it.

aaagy5.jpg

thankyou tahst what i was after

i take it you have doen some weathering on him and added more detail or is that just out the box and built

whats left to do on him?

no painting done at all, that's how it came. i still have odds and ends to put in, there's the fancy stuff on the inside, i haven't bothered putting the battery in yet, etc.

it actually looks fine to me so I haven't gotten back around to it, I think I'm going to have someone put my Imai Legioss together since I suck at painting.

Evil Gundam kits, get thee out of the Macross toy forum.

Note for the poster, this thread is in completely the wrong place as it is not about Macross toys, heck it's not even about a toy!

Graham

Your weakness has been exposed: to summon you we don't need Yamato questions, only a Gundam thread. :lol:

The current MG have pretty much catch up with the PG. Look in dalong.net and you'll see how close the MG MKII ver.2 or the Zeta ver. 2 are to their PG counterparts. The first one even steals some of the moving leg armour plates from the Strike PG design.

From the MG Gundam O.Y.W onward, the MG line is pretty much a mini PG line. Less pieces but the overall result is close.

The PG are still great fun to build. My PG Strike is in storage but I had a blast building the sucker and it sure dominated the display space.