MAx and Millia reference question...

redfinger61

From the original SDF series does anyone recal what sqaudron Max and Millia were part of? Did it have a call sign? I am also looking for a reference to what number their craft was as well.

For my next project I am planning on a small diorama of Max and Millia inflight in thier valks w/ fast packs...Max w/ the blue and white, and Millia w/ the red and white...in flight together on the same base. Other than the blue and red I dont seem to recall any other real markings, the planes seemed to be patterned after the "cannon fodder" layout, they lacked some of the black line detail that skull-1 had..which I might add anyways unless I can find some kind of other reference.

Any help would be apreciated guys.

Ashton

** just found this,

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/models..._65763_vf1j.htm

looks like it is about all I need, any other references would be great!!**

Edited by redfinger61

I thought that they belonged to Vermillion squadron,Hikaru as lead in his 1J, then Max as lead after Hikaru takes lead of Skull squadron. Please correct me if I'm wrong. ;)

Vermilian wasnt its own squadron, it was just a 3 man team within Skull.

Then it would probably be Vermillion flight, with 2 or 3 other flights making up the rest of Skull squadron. (I've been trying for days to think of the name---I knew it was a color, and of the red family--knew it wasn't scarlet or crimson, but just couldn't think of vermillion)

It's up to you. I'd go with UN Spacy on fast packs and nothing on the tails in fighter. IMO. Thats how they appear on Yamato's and the kits, plus the main body of the fast packs are the same colour as the aircraft eg. blue fast pack bodies on max, but the missile launches remain the standard colour.

this is according to dialogue in the TV show:

vermillion squadron consists of hikaru, max, and kakazaki

skull squadron consists of hikaru(after roy dies and hikaru gets the 1S) max, and kakazaki

then skull squadron consists of hikaru, max, and millia(after kakazaki dies and millia gets micronized)

according to the movie:

skull squadron consists of roy, hikaru, max, and ben.

there is no such thing as vermillion squadron.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't remember correctly, so correct me if I'm wrong

but I think there was a moment (on SDFM) when the SDF-1 was getting booted out of earth and receiving supplies, that Hikaru and Max were talking and Hikaru mentions and congratulates Max on his promotion and getting to lead his own squadron, and is after that episode that we start seeing piloting his blue VF-1J