Top 100 Anime Songs

JELEINEN

I was expecting to see the opening song from EVA in the top ten. I was suprised to see it played after number 1. It didn't even make it into the top 100?! Macross held held up pretty well at 17!

I'm a little disturbed my favorite anime song didn't make the list, Hoshi No Koe from Voices of a Distant Star! and All of the opening songs from FMA should have made the list. To bad none of them were present.

Only 15 of them are personal favorites of mine :(

I was expecting to see the opening song from EVA in the top ten. I was suprised to see it played after number 1. It didn't even make it into the top 100?!

Each voter was supposed to pick up to five songs, and rank them in order. The poll assigned points to each ranking: #1 = 10 points, #2 = 7 points, #3 = 5 points, #4 = 3 points, and #5 = 1 point. If a voter picked songs but didn't rank them, then if they picked only one song, it got 10 points, and if they picked 2-5 songs, each one got 5 points; if they picked more than five songs, then their songs were excluded from the poll.

"Cruel Angel's Thesis" did get more points than the song from Aquarion (1549 vs. 780), so in terms of points it was in fact number 1 out of 101 songs. However, it could also mean that out of 157 people, 154 picked it as their #1 and three picked it as their #4, but 780 people picked the Aquarion song as their #5, making the latter the more popular :wacko:

By the way, the rankings are color coded. Apparently, this is an on-going poll so if the rankings moved up from the previous poll (the rankings from that poll is in parens), then they are coded in red. If the rankings dropped, it's in blue. If they stay the same, then green. DYRL dropped from 16 to 17 so it's in blue.

As for "Cruel Angel's Theme", it has entered the "hall of fame" by being the most popular song by a wide margin (and not that it didn't make the top 100, which would be ridiculous).

Does anyone know where a list of these songs are? I liked numbers 77, 62, 47, 45 and 31, but I have no idea what anime they come from or who sings the song. (I liked other songs on the list, but I know what those are, these I don't recognize at all) Thanks!

Oh yeah, this is my first post! Being lurking for a while, thought I'd finally start chiming in!

I'm a little disturbed my favorite anime song didn't make the list, Hoshi No Koe from Voices of a Distant Star! and All of the opening songs from FMA should have made the list. To bad none of them were present.

Most... (but not all) of the songs on the list are what I'd call true anime songs, being that they are music composed specifically for that animation and not some random pop groups song that gets slapped on to the opening. I much prefer the former and miss the 80s and 70s where all the theme songs were actually about the anime.

Majin GO!

Majin GO!

Majinger ZED!

Does anyone know where a list of these songs are? I liked numbers 77, 62, 47, 45 and 31, but I have no idea what anime they come from or who sings the song. (I liked other songs on the list, but I know what those are, these I don't recognize at all) Thanks!

1. "Sousei no Aquarion" by AKINO (Sousei no Aquarion)
  2. "Tori no Uta (Bird's Poem)" by Lia (Air)
  3. "Butter-fly" by Kouji Wada (Digimon Adventure)
  4. "Happy Material" by The Class of 2-A (Magical Teacher Negima!)
  5. "Give a Reason" by Megumi Hayashibara (Slayers Next)
  6. "dis-" by Mika Arisaka (Infinite Ryvius)
  7. "Purachina (Platinum)" by Maaya Sakamoto (Cardcaptor Sakura)
  8. "innocent starter" by Nana Mizuki (Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha)
  9. "Ai Senshi (Soldiers of Sorrow)" by Daisuke Inoue (MS Gundam Movie II: Soldiers of Sorrow)
  10. "Akatsuki no Kuruma (The Car of Dawn)" by FictionJunction Yuuka (MS Gundam Seed Special Edition)
  11. "Wind Climbing ~ Kaze ni Asobarete (Being Played in the Wind)" by Aki Okui (Magical Circle Guru Guru)
  12. "tune the rainbow" by Maaya Sakamoto (Rahxephon: Pluralitas Concentio)
  13. "Seishoujo Ryouiki (Saintly Girl Territory)" by ALI PROJECT
  14. "Yuzurei Negai (Unyielding Desire)" by Naomi Tamura (Magical Knight Rayearth)
  15. "Tamashii No Rufuran (Soul Refrain)" by Yoko Takahashi (Neon Genesis Evangelion: Death and Rebirth)
  16. "God Knows" by Aya Hirano (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
  17. "Do You Remember Love?" by Mari IIjima (SDF Macross DYRL)
  18. "Shooting Star" by Kotoko (Please Teacher!)
  19. "Yuusha-oh Tanjou! (Birth of the Hero King!)" by Masaaki Endou (Brave King GaoGaiGar)
  20. "Yume Iro Chaser (Dream Color Chaser)" by Mami Ayukawa (Metal Armor Dragonar)

21. "King Gainer Over!" by Yoshiki Fukuyama (Overman King Gainer)
  22. "rinbu - revolution (Round Dance)" by Masami Okui (Revolutionary Girl Utena)
  23. "Hare Hare Yukai (Sunny Sunny Happy)" by Aya Hirano, Minori Chihara, and Yuko Goto (Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
  24. "You Get to Burning" by Yumi Matsuzawa (Martian Successor Nadesico)
  25. "Kimi o Nosete (Carrying You)" by Azumi Inoue (Castle in the Sky Laputa)
  26. "ETERNAL BLAZE" by Nana Mizuki (Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's)
  27. "Kinjirareta Asobi (Forbidden Play)" by ALI PROJECT (Rozen Maiden)
  28. "Hishoku no Sora" by Mami Kawada (Shakugan no Shana)
  29. "Shangri-La" by angela (Fafner)
  30. "For フルーツバスケット (For Fruits Basket)" by Ritsuko Okazaki (Fruits Basket)
  31. "Tsuki No Mayu (The Moon's Cocoon)" by Aki Okui (Turn-A Gundam)
  32. "Meros no Youni - Lonely Way" by Air Mail From Nagasaki (SPT Layzer)
  33. "Will" by Chihiro Yonekura (Soul Hunter)
  34. "Yume o Shinjite (Believe in Dreams)" by Hideaki Tokunaga (Dragon Quest)
  35. "Yume Kounen (Dream Lightyear)" by Hironobu Kageyama (Spaceship Sagittarius)
  36. "Dream Shift" by Silk (Absolutely Invincible Raijin-Ou)
  37. "Sekai ga Owaru Made wa... (Until the World Ends...)" by Wands (Slam Dunk)
  38. "Pegasus Fantasy" by MAKE-UP (Saint Seiya)
  39. "Komm susser Tod (Come Sweet Death)" by Arianne (End of Evangelion)
  40. "Wild Flowers" by Ramar (Zoids)
  41. "Mizu no Hoshi e Ai wo Komete (From an Aqueous Star with Love)" by Hiroko Moriguchi (MS Zeta Gundam)
  42. "Love Destiny" by Yui Horie (Sister Princess)
  43. "In My Dream" by Eri Shingyoji (Brain Powered)
  44. "Arashi no Naka de Kagayaite (Shine in the Storm)" by Chihiro Yonekura (MS Gundam: The 08th Team)
  45. "Sakurairo no Kisetsu (The Season of Cherry Blossoms)" by yozuca* (D.C.S.S. ~Da Capo Second Season~)
  46. "Nowhere" by FictionJunction YUUKA (Madlax)
  47. "Hemisofia (Hemisphere)" by Maya Sakamoto (Rahxephon)
  48. "Re-sublimity" by Kotoko (Kannazuki no Miko)
  49. "Agony" by Kotoko (Kannazuki no Miko)
  50. "Get Wild" by TM Network (City Hunter)
  51. "Beyond The Time ~ Möbius No Sora o Koete (Beyond Möbius' Space)" by TM Network (MS Gundam: Char's Counterattack)
  52. "STEP" by a.chi-a.chi (Super Demon Hero Wataru)
  53. "Reckless Fire" by Yasuaki Ide (s-CRY-ed)
  54. "inner universe" by Origa (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex)
  55. "Resolution" by Romantic Mode (After War Gundam X)
  56. "Blue Water" by Miho Morikawa (Secret of Blue Water)
  57. "Omoide ga Ippai (Full of Memories)" by H2O (Miyuki)
  58. "Koi se yo Onnanoko" by Yukari Tamura (Best Student Council)
  59. "Geki! Teikoku Kagekidan (Attack! Imperial Floral Assault Team)" by the Teikoku Kagekidan (Sakura Wars)
  60. "Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (When Cicadas Cry)" by Eiko Shimamiya (When Cicadas Cry)

61. "Ai wo Torimodose! (Regain Love!) " by Crystal King (Fist of the North Star)
  62. "Musouka (Dreamsong)" by Suara (Utawarerumono)
  63. "1st Priority" by Melocure (Stratos Four)
  64. "Cosmos ni Kimi to (Cosmically with You)" by Keiko Toda
  65. "Harete Hareruya (Openly Hallelujah)" by Okui Aki (Magical Circle Guru Guru)
  66. "Duvet" by Boa (Serial Experiments Lain)
  67. "Meguriai (Chance Encounter)" by Daisuke Inoue (MS Gundam Movie III: Encounters in Space)
  68. "Cha-la Head-cha-la" by Hironobu Kageyama (Dragon Ball Z)
  69. "Uchuu Senkan Yamato (Space Battleship Yamato)" by Isao Sasaki (Space Battleship Yamato)
  70. "Dare ga Tame ni (For Whom)" by Ken Narita and Koorogi73
  71. "Dreams" by Romantic Mode (After War Gundam X)
  72. "Kiseki no Umi (Sea of Miracles)" by Maaya Sakamoto (Record of Lodoss War: Chronicles of the Heroic Knight)
  73. "Hidamari (Sunspot)" by Kouzou Murashita (Maison Ikkoku)
  74. "Ashita e no brilliant road (Brilliant Road to Tomorrow)" by angela (Stellvia)
  75. "Stand up to the Victory" by Tomohisa Kawasoe (MS Victory Gundam)
  76. "Heats" by Hironobu Kageyama (Getter Robo: Armageddon)
  77. "Sora e... (To the Sky...)" by Hiroko Kasahara (Romeo's Blue Skies)
  78. "Romantikku Ageru Yo" by Ushio Hashimoto (Dragon Ball)
  79. "Taiyou ga Mata Kagayaku Toki (When the Sun Will Shine Again)" by Hiro Takahashi (Yu Yu Hakusho)
  80. "Bouken Desho Desho? (Adventure, right, right?)" by Aya Hirano (Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
  81. "Yakusoku wa Iranai (No Need for Promises)" by Maaya Sadamoto (Vision of Escaflowne)
  82. "Honoo no Sadame (Destiny of Fire)" by Tetsuro Oda (Armored Trooper Votoms)
  83. "Soredemo Ashita wa Yatte Kuru" by Yume Suzuki (Ninku)
  84. "Rumbling Hearts" by Minami Kuribayashi (Rumbling Hearts)
  85. "Hikari to Kage o Dakishimeta Mama (As I Chose to Embrace the Light and Shadow)" by Naomi Tamura
  86. "Eternal Wind ~ Hohoemi wa Hikaru Kaze no Naka (Smile in the Shining Wind)" by Hiroko Moriguchi (MS Gundam F91)
  87. "Tank!" by Seatbelts (Cowboy Bebop)
  88. "Just Communication" by Two-mix (Gundam Wing)
  89. "Heart of Sword - Yoake Mae (Before Dawn)" by T.M. Revolution (Rurouni Kenshin)
  90. "Sakura Saku Mirai Koiyume" by Yozuca* (D.C. Da Capo)
  91. "DAN DAN Kokoro Hikareteku (My Heart is Gradually Being Charmed)" by Field of View (Dragon Ball GT)
  92. "Ginga Tetsudo 999 (Galaxy Express 999)" by Isao Sasaki and the Suginami Children's Choir (Galaxy Express 999)
  93. "Saint Shinwa ~Soldier Dream~" by Hironobu Kageyama & BROADWAY (Saint Seiya)
  94. "Sayonara bye bye" by Matsuko Mawatari (Yu Yu Hakusho)
  95. "Shounenki (Boyhood)" by Tetsuya Takeda (Doraemon: Nobita's Little Star Wars)
  96. "rise" by Origa (Ghost in the Shell SAC: 2nd Gig)
  97. "Winners" by G.Grip (Future GPX Cyber Formula)
  98. "Ushinawareta Yume o Motomete (In Search of Lost Legends)" by ANDY (Genesis Climber Mospeada)
  99. "clover" by meg rock (Solty Rei)
  100. "Dunbine Tobu (Fly Dunbine)" by MIO (Aura Battler Dunbine)

I know it's been a while but Yamato being ranked at 69 is just not right. It could be the sampling since the ones who voted are probably from a much younger generation. I remember hearing "Space Battleship Yamato" being performed by the Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra when I was in High School.

Very surprise not seeing any (or did I miss it) Ghibli theme.

There are a lot of pissy magical girls tunes but I don't see Touch and Ikkoku's main themes...must be the generation gaps....sigh....post-3608-1189094512.gif

Wow, thanks ly000001! Now to track them down!

1. "Sousei no Aquarion" by AKINO (Sousei no Aquarion)
  2. "Tori no Uta (Bird's Poem)" by Lia (Air)
  3. "Butter-fly" by Kouji Wada (Digimon Adventure)
  4. "Happy Material" by The Class of 2-A (Magical Teacher Negima!)
  5. "Give a Reason" by Megumi Hayashibara (Slayers Next)
  6. "dis-" by Mika Arisaka (Infinite Ryvius)
  7. "Purachina (Platinum)" by Maaya Sakamoto (Cardcaptor Sakura)
  8. "innocent starter" by Nana Mizuki (Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha)
  9. "Ai Senshi (Soldiers of Sorrow)" by Daisuke Inoue (MS Gundam Movie II: Soldiers of Sorrow)
  10. "Akatsuki no Kuruma (The Car of Dawn)" by FictionJunction Yuuka (MS Gundam Seed Special Edition)
  11. "Wind Climbing ~ Kaze ni Asobarete (Being Played in the Wind)" by Aki Okui (Magical Circle Guru Guru)
  12. "tune the rainbow" by Maaya Sakamoto (Rahxephon: Pluralitas Concentio)
  13. "Seishoujo Ryouiki (Saintly Girl Territory)" by ALI PROJECT
  14. "Yuzurei Negai (Unyielding Desire)" by Naomi Tamura (Magical Knight Rayearth)
  15. "Tamashii No Rufuran (Soul Refrain)" by Yoko Takahashi (Neon Genesis Evangelion: Death and Rebirth)
  16. "God Knows" by Aya Hirano (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
  17. "Do You Remember Love?" by Mari IIjima (SDF Macross DYRL)
  18. "Shooting Star" by Kotoko (Please Teacher!)
  19. "Yuusha-oh Tanjou! (Birth of the Hero King!)" by Masaaki Endou (Brave King GaoGaiGar)
  20. "Yume Iro Chaser (Dream Color Chaser)" by Mami Ayukawa (Metal Armor Dragonar)

21. "King Gainer Over!" by Yoshiki Fukuyama (Overman King Gainer)
  22. "rinbu - revolution (Round Dance)" by Masami Okui (Revolutionary Girl Utena)
  23. "Hare Hare Yukai (Sunny Sunny Happy)" by Aya Hirano, Minori Chihara, and Yuko Goto (Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
  24. "You Get to Burning" by Yumi Matsuzawa (Martian Successor Nadesico)
  25. "Kimi o Nosete (Carrying You)" by Azumi Inoue (Castle in the Sky Laputa)
  26. "ETERNAL BLAZE" by Nana Mizuki (Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's)
  27. "Kinjirareta Asobi (Forbidden Play)" by ALI PROJECT (Rozen Maiden)
  28. "Hishoku no Sora" by Mami Kawada (Shakugan no Shana)
  29. "Shangri-La" by angela (Fafner)
  30. "For フルーツバスケット (For Fruits Basket)" by Ritsuko Okazaki (Fruits Basket)
  31. "Tsuki No Mayu (The Moon's Cocoon)" by Aki Okui (Turn-A Gundam)
  32. "Meros no Youni - Lonely Way" by Air Mail From Nagasaki (SPT Layzer)
  33. "Will" by Chihiro Yonekura (Soul Hunter)
  34. "Yume o Shinjite (Believe in Dreams)" by Hideaki Tokunaga (Dragon Quest)
  35. "Yume Kounen (Dream Lightyear)" by Hironobu Kageyama (Spaceship Sagittarius)
  36. "Dream Shift" by Silk (Absolutely Invincible Raijin-Ou)
  37. "Sekai ga Owaru Made wa... (Until the World Ends...)" by Wands (Slam Dunk)
  38. "Pegasus Fantasy" by MAKE-UP (Saint Seiya)
  39. "Komm susser Tod (Come Sweet Death)" by Arianne (End of Evangelion)
  40. "Wild Flowers" by Ramar (Zoids)
  41. "Mizu no Hoshi e Ai wo Komete (From an Aqueous Star with Love)" by Hiroko Moriguchi (MS Zeta Gundam)
  42. "Love Destiny" by Yui Horie (Sister Princess)
  43. "In My Dream" by Eri Shingyoji (Brain Powered)
  44. "Arashi no Naka de Kagayaite (Shine in the Storm)" by Chihiro Yonekura (MS Gundam: The 08th Team)
  45. "Sakurairo no Kisetsu (The Season of Cherry Blossoms)" by yozuca* (D.C.S.S. ~Da Capo Second Season~)
  46. "Nowhere" by FictionJunction YUUKA (Madlax)
  47. "Hemisofia (Hemisphere)" by Maya Sakamoto (Rahxephon)
  48. "Re-sublimity" by Kotoko (Kannazuki no Miko)
  49. "Agony" by Kotoko (Kannazuki no Miko)
  50. "Get Wild" by TM Network (City Hunter)
  51. "Beyond The Time ~ Möbius No Sora o Koete (Beyond Möbius' Space)" by TM Network (MS Gundam: Char's Counterattack)
  52. "STEP" by a.chi-a.chi (Super Demon Hero Wataru)
  53. "Reckless Fire" by Yasuaki Ide (s-CRY-ed)
  54. "inner universe" by Origa (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex)
  55. "Resolution" by Romantic Mode (After War Gundam X)
  56. "Blue Water" by Miho Morikawa (Secret of Blue Water)
  57. "Omoide ga Ippai (Full of Memories)" by H2O (Miyuki)
  58. "Koi se yo Onnanoko" by Yukari Tamura (Best Student Council)
  59. "Geki! Teikoku Kagekidan (Attack! Imperial Floral Assault Team)" by the Teikoku Kagekidan (Sakura Wars)
  60. "Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (When Cicadas Cry)" by Eiko Shimamiya (When Cicadas Cry)

61. "Ai wo Torimodose! (Regain Love!) " by Crystal King (Fist of the North Star)
  62. "Musouka (Dreamsong)" by Suara (Utawarerumono)
  63. "1st Priority" by Melocure (Stratos Four)
  64. "Cosmos ni Kimi to (Cosmically with You)" by Keiko Toda
  65. "Harete Hareruya (Openly Hallelujah)" by Okui Aki (Magical Circle Guru Guru)
  66. "Duvet" by Boa (Serial Experiments Lain)
  67. "Meguriai (Chance Encounter)" by Daisuke Inoue (MS Gundam Movie III: Encounters in Space)
  68. "Cha-la Head-cha-la" by Hironobu Kageyama (Dragon Ball Z)
  69. "Uchuu Senkan Yamato (Space Battleship Yamato)" by Isao Sasaki (Space Battleship Yamato)
  70. "Dare ga Tame ni (For Whom)" by Ken Narita and Koorogi73
  71. "Dreams" by Romantic Mode (After War Gundam X)
  72. "Kiseki no Umi (Sea of Miracles)" by Maaya Sakamoto (Record of Lodoss War: Chronicles of the Heroic Knight)
  73. "Hidamari (Sunspot)" by Kouzou Murashita (Maison Ikkoku)
  74. "Ashita e no brilliant road (Brilliant Road to Tomorrow)" by angela (Stellvia)
  75. "Stand up to the Victory" by Tomohisa Kawasoe (MS Victory Gundam)
  76. "Heats" by Hironobu Kageyama (Getter Robo: Armageddon)
  77. "Sora e... (To the Sky...)" by Hiroko Kasahara (Romeo's Blue Skies)
  78. "Romantikku Ageru Yo" by Ushio Hashimoto (Dragon Ball)
  79. "Taiyou ga Mata Kagayaku Toki (When the Sun Will Shine Again)" by Hiro Takahashi (Yu Yu Hakusho)
  80. "Bouken Desho Desho? (Adventure, right, right?)" by Aya Hirano (Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
  81. "Yakusoku wa Iranai (No Need for Promises)" by Maaya Sadamoto (Vision of Escaflowne)
  82. "Honoo no Sadame (Destiny of Fire)" by Tetsuro Oda (Armored Trooper Votoms)
  83. "Soredemo Ashita wa Yatte Kuru" by Yume Suzuki (Ninku)
  84. "Rumbling Hearts" by Minami Kuribayashi (Rumbling Hearts)
  85. "Hikari to Kage o Dakishimeta Mama (As I Chose to Embrace the Light and Shadow)" by Naomi Tamura
  86. "Eternal Wind ~ Hohoemi wa Hikaru Kaze no Naka (Smile in the Shining Wind)" by Hiroko Moriguchi (MS Gundam F91)
  87. "Tank!" by Seatbelts (Cowboy Bebop)
  88. "Just Communication" by Two-mix (Gundam Wing)
  89. "Heart of Sword - Yoake Mae (Before Dawn)" by T.M. Revolution (Rurouni Kenshin)
  90. "Sakura Saku Mirai Koiyume" by Yozuca* (D.C. Da Capo)
  91. "DAN DAN Kokoro Hikareteku (My Heart is Gradually Being Charmed)" by Field of View (Dragon Ball GT)
  92. "Ginga Tetsudo 999 (Galaxy Express 999)" by Isao Sasaki and the Suginami Children's Choir (Galaxy Express 999)
  93. "Saint Shinwa ~Soldier Dream~" by Hironobu Kageyama & BROADWAY (Saint Seiya)
  94. "Sayonara bye bye" by Matsuko Mawatari (Yu Yu Hakusho)
  95. "Shounenki (Boyhood)" by Tetsuya Takeda (Doraemon: Nobita's Little Star Wars)
  96. "rise" by Origa (Ghost in the Shell SAC: 2nd Gig)
  97. "Winners" by G.Grip (Future GPX Cyber Formula)
  98. "Ushinawareta Yume o Motomete (In Search of Lost Legends)" by ANDY (Genesis Climber Mospeada)
  99. "clover" by meg rock (Solty Rei)
  100. "Dunbine Tobu (Fly Dunbine)" by MIO (Aura Battler Dunbine)

This list needs more Yoko Kanno :)

There are 10 songs there composed by Yoko Kanno, actually. That means she swept 10% of the list, making her the artist with the most number of songs from that list.

Details here.

http://gabrielarobin.com/97/yoko-kanno-at-...songs-countdown

96. rise, Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd Gig OP

87. Tank!, Cowboy Bebop OP

81. Yakusoku wa Iranai, Escaflowne OP

72. Kiseki no Umi, Record of Lodoss War TV OP

54. inner universe, Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. OP

47. Hemisphere, RahXephon OP

31. Tsuki no Mayu, Turn A Gundam ED2

12. tune the rainbow, RahXephon Movie ED

7. Platinium, Card Captor Sakura OP3

1. Sousei no Aquarion, Sousei no Aquarion OP1

(Well Voices isn't in the list, but I guess 10% isn't too bad, is it? ;) )

Edited by mike_s_6