Japanese Macross fans and Yamato QC?

Chet

What about software customers, they knowingly and willing buy software known to be flawed all the time. :D

Graham

Oh, so it's possible we can download the VF0S/A arms, the 1/60 YF19 grey tabs and straightened gunpod thru the web that we didn't know about?

Maybe Japanese customers complain less and break their Valkryies less often because they can read the manual? Maybe it says: "Be careful! Turn it this way. Don't turn it this way." :mellow:

Maybe Japanese customers complain less and break their Valkryies less often because they can read the manual? Maybe it says: "Be careful! Turn it this way. Don't turn it this way." :mellow:

A big consideration.

I've never had a problem with the neck hinge anyway.

The only figure i needed help with was the Konig Monster.

fact: yamato doesn't care about the US.

fact: theres been no reports of QC/design flaw/breakage issues in japan whatsoever according to sources.

fact: HLJ is offering replacement parts.

conclusion: if yamato doesn't care about the US, and japan has yet to complain about anything, why is yamato offering replacement parts? hmmmm makes you wonder....

How is that a fact? Yamato can't sell Macross products to non Japanese buyers because of HG. The Garland shoulder issue is a prime example of how Yamato helped their customers by providing them with replacement parts. If it weren't for HG, I'm sure they would do the same for their Macross products.

How is that a fact? Yamato can't sell Macross products to non Japanese buyers because of HG. The Garland shoulder issue is a prime example of how Yamato helped their customers by providing them with replacement parts. If it weren't for HG, I'm sure they would do the same for their Macross products.

its been repeatedly said over the years by graham as well as many others that yamato doesn't care about the US market.

now if thats true and japanese customers haven't complained(as graham stated in the beginning of this thread), why are they offering replacement parts? makes you wonder.....

Parts offer for any high-end toys/model kits is common in Japan (Bandai kits, model/airsoft guns, RCs etc....).

Yamato just follows a common practice, I guess.

I've heard somewhere(perhaps 2ch) that there are a lot of Japanese customers ordering parts for making customs, so I don't know how Yamato can tell whether the parts they sold were for customs or replacing broken parts.

For Japanese customers, Yamato used to have their own forum to report problems/ask questions and they still have tutorials for things like neck hinge problem. If you can read Japanese you do get some extra help.

its been repeatedly said over the years by graham as well as many others that yamato doesn't care about the US market.

now if thats true and japanese customers haven't complained(as graham stated in the beginning of this thread), why are they offering replacement parts? makes you wonder.....

I think there are complaints from the japanese market. Graham said the person that told him about no complaints may have not been told the right thing.

fact: theres been no reports of QC/design flaw/breakage issues in japan whatsoever according to sources.

fact: HLJ is offering replacement parts.

conclusion: if yamato doesn't care about the US, and japan has yet to complain about anything, why is yamato offering replacement parts? hmmmm makes you wonder....

My thoughts exactly. Let's say Yamato DOES care about us (tho I'm not in the US, but Mexico City), their main target are still the japanese consumers.

To answer Konimon, I don't think HLJ has every piece for the VF-0 in stock just in case someone orders it for a custom.

I think it's more a case of not having the means or ability to take care of the (comparatively small) market for their products in the US, than it is about them "not caring about it". Customers purchasing their products is profit, after all. Though, I have heard of manufacturers not wanting to enter the US market due to the high number of litigations there - in other words, insurance is higher, and not many insurers are willing to cover the US market.

Also, in addition to the Japanese purchasers being able to fully read the instructions (and Chinese speakers being able to (mostly) accurately guess the meaning of them), it should be pointed out that Japanese fans are also too busy to transform their purchases more than a couple of times. Too busy in the sense of:

a) working too much (Japanese does have a word meaning "working to death" afterall)

and

b) attention focused on the hordes and reams of new products being released almost daily.

So yeah... the products are probably just as likely to break, but then again, they are prized collector items, and not toys that you'd trust to a 5 year old kid. Right?

Edited by sketchley

the average yearly income in japan is similar to the average american yearly income... around 40-50k a year. I hardly doubt that toy collectors in japan are running out and buying every 100-200 toy that comes out.