How will you play the new macross game

jwinges

The new macross game for PS2 how will you play it?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. The new macross game for PS2 how will you play it?

• Modchip
    • Slidecard
    • Emulator
    • Not getting it
    • Wait for ISO

Anyone know if those PSX thingies still have the territorial lockouts?

As it stands now, I'm considering to buy a Japanese PS2. That way I have a no-fuss solution for playing VF-X, VF-X2, DYRL, and Rockman Battle and Chase (and Super Adventure Rockman, if I can ever get my paws on it!), as well as the new Macross game, the Generation 1 Transformers game, and AEUG vs. Titans if it doesn't see a US release (although, looking at Bandai's track record lately, it will).

On the other hand, if PS2's drop in price to $99.99 like the rumors are saying, I'll be able to get a used one for like $55 with my employee discount... I could just do that, and mess around with mod chips or slide cards and figure that if I break it, so what? For $55 bucks, it was worth a try.

Abombz!!,

No problem, it's cool, I'm just trying to help, because I also want to be able to play this game.

I just hope that it plays as wells as it looks. ;)

As of right now, it looks like the "Slide Card" method is the easiest and least expensive, plus you can return your PS2 to stock condition whenever you want.

Sincerely,

Christopher B)

You forgot the most common optionL having a Japanese PS2 :p That's how I plan on playing the game. Though it's kind of a shame. I wasted all my money on buying Encounters in Space and have none left over for the Macross game :( Well, Christmas is coming up ^_^

Crap! forgot about that route.

By the way there are PS2 Emulators out there...they just don't work very well and it would be a long shot if macross would work.

there are emus out that that can boot th eps2 logo. lol. so what. if it does nto work it does nto exist in th eoptions. unelss they are wilign towat 5 years or os to play it.

Ive got the slide card PAL version coming for me, and pre ordered the game at Play-asia.

29USD shipped to aust for the card, and bout 108AUD for the game shipped EMS.

apparently the supplier is saying its running on time too, for its expected release date :)

Well I'm going to take a look at those boot disks, if they work, I'll be using those.

On a note about modchips, I've heard that now if you want to go online there's stuff out there that will scan your system to see if it's modded or not. Though I don't know what will happen if it detects that your system is modded...

thats only for x-box live i think, that and it only detects it if its on most mod chips now come with on/off switches that can be attached to the front if its off its not detectable by the program. mod chips are like hijackers, they hijack electrons going to the original bios storage device so it rerouits to the bios stored on the modchip