Orguss! OrgussOrgussOrguss!

They've finally done it...ImaginAsian, according to ANN is going to release the original SDC Orguss TV series on DVD! Here I though that that show was going to languish in the Valhalla of great shows that were never going to get released to a Naruto-crazed anime-watching public.

News is on the front page of ANN (and there's a blurb about some show called Macross as well...have no idea what that is :p, apparently it's going to be a full TV series...)

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/

Edited by Pat Payne

excellent! I was very close to settling for the HK bootleg set and those headache inducing subtitles. hopefully these DVDs will have a nice set of grammatically correct subs to read.

excellent! I was very close to settling for the HK bootleg set and those headache inducing subtitles. hopefully these DVDs will have a nice set of grammatically correct subs to read.

I'm thinking they should. My only concern is that they're apparently going to be a "made-on-demand" item coming from RightStuf -- essentially RightStuf, when they get an order will be authorized to burn a DVD for that customer. I hope they've got all the kinks out of the system. But ImaginEAsian, headed by Justin Sevakis and RightStuf together should have no problems at all with the translation and mastering end of it -- they love anime as much as we do :)

I'm thinking they should. My only concern is that they're apparently going to be a "made-on-demand" item coming from RightStuf -- essentially RightStuf, when they get an order will be authorized to burn a DVD for that customer. I hope they've got all the kinks out of the system. But ImaginEAsian, headed by Justin Sevakis and RightStuf together should have no problems at all with the translation and mastering end of it -- they love anime as much as we do :)

Nice. I`ll keep checking the right stuf for the more info

Does anyone have imaginEAsian TV? Wonder if anime airs subbed on there? Says Orgus might be airing from next month? Would be a nice sneak peak to see it subbed on air.

IA shows stuff subtitled in general, so anime shouldn't be a problem for them. As for the DVD's, they are going to include the U.S. Renditions dub for the 18 or so episodes that were dubbed (for people who care about such things), but the rest of the set will be subtitled only.

Aside from the DVD-R thing, I'm quite excited about this release too.

IA shows stuff subtitled in general, so anime shouldn't be a problem for them. As for the DVD's, they are going to include the U.S. Renditions dub for the 18 or so episodes that were dubbed (for people who care about such things), but the rest of the set will be subtitled only.

Aside from the DVD-R thing, I'm quite excited about this release too.

Good info thanks. Wow that USR dub must be 15 years old by now.

In Australia we have a foreign channel called SBS that shows everything with in house subs EXCEPT anime. :mellow:

Interesting, they'll be releasing Orguss on DVD 5 discs along with the English dub. If they were using DVD 9 that'd be fine since you wouldn't have to worry about the video quality taking a hit. I also hope that they're using Taiyo Yuden discs, or at the very least Verbatim.

What's also interesting is that they say Orguss was originally in mono. I'll have to check my LD's, but I'm pretty certain that Orguss was in stereo. Tokyo Movie Shinsha produced remarkably high quality anime for it's day and Orguss was no exception with it's audio. Again, I'll have to double check.

Regardless, I'm picking these up. Anyone who puts Orguss subbed on DVD gets my cash. :D

Let's hope it'll be available worldwide...

Unfortunately not, international customers can't order direct from their site due to licensing and the only other source will be rightsuff international who have the most archaic, untrusting and horrible ordering process for foreign customers.

I forget the exact details but it involves sending them a scan of both sides of your credit card. :(

They've finally done it...ImaginAsian, according to ANN is going to release the original SDC Orguss TV series on DVD! Here I though that that show was going to languish in the Valhalla of great shows that were never going to get released to a Naruto-crazed anime-watching public.

News is on the front page of ANN (and there's a blurb about some show called Macross as well...have no idea what that is :p, apparently it's going to be a full TV series...)

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/

Man, I so completely scooped you: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...1399&st=44#

I've got my pre-order in with Right Stuf. Can't wait to get it.