Jump to content

Luftwaffe VF-1J 1/55


Skull-1
 Share

Recommended Posts

Thanks everyone.

I have an IAF (Israeli Air Force) in build also. Will be finishing all of the previously posted models (exception: Luftwaffe) with luck next week. I just have some decals to do and that's really all.

Now, to answer the question on the paint....

This is a technique I used with ME-262 models back as a kid. I usually use two greens and two grays... I also use three or four grays... It is a blot technique and works very well. On this plane I am using only two grays so far--will test on a boot and decide if I should do more.

It is stunningly simple (I messed up some on this one and will have to probably go back and fix it but no worries).

1) Paint your model with one solid base coat.

2) Take a wide bristle brush and dip in a bottle of your second color.

3) Blot the brush very harshly onto a piece of paper until it stops leaving a solid circle of paint (it will get "wiry" for lack of a better term).

4) Dab the model at random.

5) Repeat.

:)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1) Paint your model with one solid base coat.

2) Take a wide bristle brush and dip in a bottle of your second color.

3) Blot the brush very harshly onto a piece of paper until it stops leaving a solid circle of paint (it will get "wiry" for lack of a better term).

4) Dab the model at random.

5) Repeat.

:)

Awesome!!! Very simple but the final result is amazing ;)

Hope to see your finished mdels/toys soon.

Thanks for the tip!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This was my first stab at it since 1995 so I will have to fix this one some (I think I will redo the right wing for example). However, I did want to at least show you guys what was coming.

Still debating if a second gray or green will go over the top of this. I actually like the two-tone on the Valk--didn't think I would.

Edited by Skull-1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Changed my mind on this one.

It's going to be a VF-1F Wild Weasel. Two Seater. Short nose. :)

Need to find a 1/48 or 1/72 Shrike/Harm Weapon Set.

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET.

LOL

Edited by Skull-1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Extended nose and paint added... Nose blisters to be moved. Swing bars and other improvements to come.

:)

post-318-1181097258_thumb.jpg

Edited by Skull-1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, not canon.

It will be a VF-1F (which is basically a VF-1D with electronics and other good stuff).

I plan to put HARM, HARPOON, SHRIKE, etc. (modified) under the wings and German Air Force markings on it. Hopefully it will turn out.

I guess I am fresh out of ideas! LOL

IAF Valkyrie coming up next...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here is the latest.

The pods on the wings are 55mm GU-11 gunpods without the grips. :) Going to add rotary barrels to them.

This is now VF-1F (VF-1D) as opposed to a VF-1J.

:)

More to come.

post-318-1181614177_thumb.jpg

post-318-1181614185_thumb.jpg

post-318-1181614191_thumb.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 years later...

I have decided to make this a VF-1D (VF-1F) Wild Weasel instead of a J. Got one of the swivel thighs and the other arm installed. I am building this one for Kanata since he has been so kind to donate tons of parts to me over the years... My camera is just not getting it done. It looks clear when I shoot but comes up blurry when I download. Driving me *NUTS*. post-318-0-33537300-1331677526_thumb.jpg The overhead really shows off the aggressive swingbar taper. It makes a ton of difference in the way the Valk looks. They almost appear like they belong there. post-318-0-33044800-1331677555_thumb.jpg

post-318-0-38558900-1331677947_thumb.jpg

Edited by Skull-1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Threw on a half completed canopy to make it look better. It is coming along.

post-318-0-57011500-1331678646_thumb.jpg

post-318-0-79591800-1331678781_thumb.jpg

Also redid the intake blisters to drop the shoulders in GERWALK mode...

post-318-0-48551300-1331678731_thumb.jpg

post-318-0-70924600-1331678760_thumb.jpg

Really need to get that other thigh finished. I had two complete sets done that got thrown in the trash. Talk about a pain.

Edited by Skull-1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks guys. The right arm doesn't match the left in the photos because I was experimenting with a different color scheme. I will fix that.

Much left to do on it.

- Canopy

- Nose Blisters

- Swivel Thigh

- Various Filling of Joints and Screw Holes

- Foot Thruster Mod

- Arm Slider Filling

But it is getting there...

The wing mounted magnets are working great. I learned a thing or two doing those.

Edited by Skull-1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are right about the upper intakes. But that is one of the last things to be done. I am trying to decide if I go with a decal, paint, or pencil shading there. I put the decal on to see how it looks. I am leaning that direction for sure...

Thanks for the compliments.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...