Color of the SV-51

Mr March

Okay, I'm going through Macross Zero for color reference for all the mecha and I just finished rewatching episode one. During the dogfight with Focker near the end of the episode he's fighting an SV-51 that appears dark orange. Obviously, this color (if it was indeed orange) is the standard version. Nora's magenta fighter and Ivanov's black would be two color variants then.

But it's hard to determine if that is orange or another dark redish/yellow color. Anyone know for sure?

Wow, not really sure what to call that color. Thanks David Hingtgen. I'll sample this picture and come up with something that hopefully works.

A lot of the colour changes are probably simply due to enviromental lighting changes, so I'd just go with this official one.

Part of the problem is that 99% of the time you see CF SV-51's, they're in weird lighting. I think they are "dark golden bronze-grey", but depending on the lighting, either the grey or the gold comes out more. So you rarely see the 'true' color.

Well, IMHO it's too "grey" to be any pure metallic. When I have to "critically" evaluate a color, I go along hue/shade/intensity lines.

And it has a golden-copper hue, a medium to medium-dark shade, but medium-low intensity. Low intensity=grey, regardless of hue.

Regardless of what selection of colors I use, it's going to appear jarring anyway. We never see the SV-51 in simple "anime" two/three tone coloring. At best, we see it with the complex cell colors shown in the first few pictures of meh cds pictures posted in this thread. More than likely, the colors for the standard SV-51 will raise eyebrows once it's included on the M3. I expect a lot of fans reacting with "Where did you get the colors for the standard SV-51?" :)

Yeah, out of all of the pictures I put up I think the one that is of most use is the one that is from the animated scene.

God I can't wait for the 1/60 CF SV-51. :)

Just my 2 cents but the color looks like that of the old desert WWII German Desert tanks. Tan? Desert brown? :wacko:

Just my opinion :p