General wonderings about Macross7 [spoilers]

RDClip

So anyway, i'm new here and i'm currently rewatching M7 and there's a few things bugging me: (they contain spoilers so if you haven't seen it, don't read any further)

1. First and foremost is about Physica family. When Gamlin went to see them after Physica's death, there was some other guy his kid was calling 'daddy'. So, does that mean that his wife left him and he didn't tell Gamlin or his wife was seeing this other guy on the side?

2. If Basara can fly so great in the other 2 modes, why doesn't he know how to pilot in gerwalk mode?

3. Mylene is 14 and she's driving?

4. Is Gamlin his surname or first name?

Well, just some ponderings. The first question is the only one that i really want to figure out.

So anyway, i'm new here and i'm currently rewatching M7 and there's a few things bugging me: (they contain spoilers so if you haven't seen it, don't read any further)

1. First and foremost is about Physica family. When Gamlin went to see them after Physica's death, there was some other guy his kid was calling 'daddy'. So, does that mean that his wife left him and he didn't tell Gamlin or his wife was seeing this other guy on the side?

2. If Basara can fly so great in the other 2 modes, why doesn't he know how to pilot in gerwalk mode?

3. Mylene is 14 and she's driving?

4. Is Gamlin his surname or first name?

Well, just some ponderings. The first question is the only one that i really want to figure out.

Several of these questions can be posted in the newbie thread. I suggest you use it for any other quick questions.

1) That's an open ended question as Gamlin never approaches her and only sees her from the distance. The point of that scene basically says she moved on. I'll have to watch it again and see the lead up to it.

2) Because he's never really used that mode that much.

3) Yes.

4) That is his first name.

1) That's an open ended question as Gamlin never approaches her and only sees her from the distance. The point of that scene basically says she moved on. I'll have to watch it again and see the lead up to it.

I always thought that Gamlin was just hallucinating (due to the emotional turmoil over his subordinate's death), and the guy in question was Physica. Gamlin just couldn't bring himself to approach her, and inform the young widow of Physica's KIA status. So, he ran off.

I always interpreted that scene as a demostration of Gamlin's emotional/human side. It was important as far as his development as a character goes. It revealed that the character was more than just a stereotypical hero fighter jock, or the stuffed-shirt military type, typically seen in anime.

But I may be wrong.