Takara 12" Jinroh figure

mpchi

IPB Image

Just found out not only does the big MG34 machine gun can be opened up to take out the inner gun barrel, the small Mauser C96 can also combine with the wood gun holster to make a longer version! O_O It works just like how it is shown in the pic with the German trooper back in the days. And also this extended version of C96 turn out to be Midori 's (鷲尾翠) favorite weapon in the Kerberos Saga comics.

IPB Image

This figure is just full of pleasant surprises that the instruction sheet never shown!

For those of you with the new Jin-Roh igure, I was wondering if you knew about the pieces that look like they are missing in the tray next to the main figure's legs? A dealer told me that they come like that on all the figures, and the black stickers look like they say something about it that I can't read. Wish I had a better closeup pic, but I don't.

IPB Image

Edited by dr_vandermeer

For those of you with the new Jin-Roh igure, I was wondering if you knew about the pieces that look like they are missing in the tray next to the main figure's legs? A dealer told me that they come like that on all the figures, and the black stickers look like they say something about it that I can't read. Wish I had a better closeup pic, but I don't.

IPB Image

Those spaces are for the backpack and MG34 + the fully suited up figure. There's a site out there which shows how it's supposed to be placed... :)

Those spaces are for the backpack and MG34 + the fully suited up figure. There's a site out there which shows how it's supposed to be placed... :)

So you're saying that Takara has those spaces so that you don't have to take the gun and backpack apart to put back in the spaces in the other side of the box? That's interesting.

Well, the MG42 never had to be assembled (apart from 'locking' the bullets on) although the C96 can just stay put anyway since it's connected to the side armour. Very cool stuff indeed. The way the box is box is molded like that just allows you to put the figure into one side rather than having to open either sides up and replace every equipment. Talk about easy storage. :D Very nice of Takara to think of that. Haven't tested it out myself, however. Lol.

Edited by rikiryou

That is cool. So does anyone know what is says on the stickers exactly?

Don't have the box with me at the moment. But the stickers pretty much say 'assembled gun place here' and the other says 'assembled backpack place here'. And yup, Takara purposely make those extra storage for you so you don't have to take off or disassemble everything, just to put them back in the box. Kudos for Takara. Never seen a release of 12" figure that goes this far for the customers' convenience. The only other release that is similar is the SOC Gunbuster, with a display stand that solely designed for the convienience and play in mind. One of the reasosn I like this Protect Gear release so much.

Don't have the box with me at the moment. But the stickers pretty much say 'assembled gun place here' and the other says 'assembled backpack place here'. And yup, Takara purposely make those extra storage for you so you don't have to take off or disassemble everything, just to put them back in the box. Kudos for Takara. Never seen a release of 12" figure that goes this far for the customers' convenience. The only other release that is similar is the SOC Gunbuster, with a display stand that solely designed for the convienience and play in mind. One of the reasosn I like this Protect Gear release so much.

Agreed. It's definitely a nice touch. B))

Does anyone know where to find these for a decent price? I have only seen them for 190 plus overseas shipping.

Hard to get this one cheap at all. Unless you pre-ordered it way back from HLJ, you can hardly get this figure without a mark-up unfortunately.

Hard to get this one cheap at all. Unless you pre-ordered it way back from HLJ, you can hardly get this figure without a mark-up unfortunately.

Did you get it from them? How much was it from HLJ plus shipping?

I think I remember that they also don't guarantee that the condition of the box will be good, or am I mistaken?

check out this custom by Chunglin from Taiwan...

Unfortunately, it's not well done at all, IMO.

ALL those bullet hits and nothing got thru the UNARMORED bits? LOL! :D

I always thought the Jin-roh anime was stretching it quite thin already (as much as I like the quality of work)... although the squad exercise made clear that for the Protect Gear to be effective, the squaddies had to cover each other correctly. All those 'invincible' encounters in the latter part of the film were more due to the nervousness of the enemy, and just plain LUCK.

This bit of overdone customising simply points out all the 'holes' in the mystique of the armor.

ALL those bullet hits and nothing got thru the UNARMORED bits? LOL! :D

Heh, be nice. The enemy was aiming. :D

It's also a bit weird in that most of the bullet strikes are 90 degrees to the plate. Strikes me that in a bullet-flying-everywhere situation, most rounds would be striking the armour at an angle, which would leave a different mark than a full-on impact.

Did you get it from them? How much was it from HLJ plus shipping?

I think I remember that they also don't guarantee that the condition of the box will be good, or am I mistaken?

I got mind from HLJ early bird. They are all out by now. Mind came in perfect shape, especially since Takara has an extra cardboard box package. HLJ usually pretty good on the boxes. Just get some not so nice ones occasionally, and usually on cheap stuff. I doubted its their packaging, but rather, thats what they have in stock, with some boxes not so mint. Though $179.99 from BBTS is still pretty good. Not a big difference since HLJ ships EMS for this expensive one. Maybe like $5-10 more at BBTS shipped. So people that wants this, better hurry before BBTS runs out. As this figure goes easily pass $200 anywhere else.

• 3 weeks later...

It's not as nice as the Takara Panzer, but THIS new Protect Gear just showed up on HLJ.

I've been looking at this Medicom one for a long, long time.

I am not sure which version this is. Although I prefer Takara armor and gimmics with MG-34 and Mauser.

And, I've JUST missed the Type 92 at both HLJ and BBTS!!

Oh wait, BBTS shows "Jin-Roh" ver. coming in June though.

Pic shows a MG-34 with a sling. Any Info, anyone??