Where do you guys suggest

rocco_77

The title pretty much sums it up. I just bought the Perfect Edition DYRL Movie from Kevin. But he Macross TV series he carries says that the subtitles on it are just "fair."

So where do some of you suggest I go to get the original TV series on DVD that has "great" or "really good" subtitles?

Thanks a lot guys and gals. :)

that is really too bad...I just sold my Animeigo box set DVD for about $180....I bought it when they had the preorder for the whole thing for $300...I would look at some places that might sell Animeigo DVD's...I think they only have them in 3 box sets now. But the Animeigo release is the difinitive North American Release with awesome subs.

Hope this helps.

Larry

Well the best version to get with "great" or "perfect" translation would be the Animeigo set. Then you're looking at $65.00 per box set. Each box set has 3 DVDs and there are a total of 9 DVDs. You can them here at Twin Moons Anime:

http://www.tmpanime.com/

Otherwise, if you don't want to spend too much, the bootlegs that Kevin carries are the next best thing.

Edited by rsvictor1976

Ok. cool guys thanks.

I would really prefer not to get the bootlegs though. I would really like to have great subs, and also support the real stuff... (no offense Kevin ;) )

Maybe I'll put a topic in the wanted section to see if anyone else has the set they would like to sell.

Thanks again!

rocco_77

The title pretty much sums it up. I just bought the Perfect Edition DYRL Movie from Kevin. But he Macross TV series he carries says that the subtitles on it are just "fair."

So where do some of you suggest I go to get the original TV series on DVD that has "great" or "really good" subtitles?

Thanks a lot guys and gals. :)

I'm not sure if DigitalEyes still have stock or not, but here are their prices:

http://www.animeonestop.com/anime-Details....?info=ANI002230

http://www.animeonestop.com/anime-Details....?info=ANI002231

http://www.animeonestop.com/anime-Details....?info=ANI002232

Send them an email to verify.

--treatment--

good stuff guys, thanks....

I put a topic in the Wanted section here too in case any one here wants to off load some Macross stuff. But I will check the links you guys provided.

If anyone has a really nice set for sale with great subs, then let me know... I will pay any fair price for them.

There is no excuse for you not ot buy the official release from AnimEigo. You are disrespecting the amount of time and work they put into it to make it available for all of us, and you are disrespecting those of us who put out alot fo money to buy the official release.

Bootlegging domesticaly available Macross products is not welcome here. :angry:

There is no excuse for you not ot buy the official release from AnimEigo. You are disrespecting the amount of time and work they put into it to make it available for all of us, and you are disrespecting those of us who put out alot fo money to buy the official release.

Bootlegging domesticaly available Macross products is not welcome here. :angry:

Hey Duke, why don't you chill out a bit.

If you read my above post... and in it I quote: "I would really prefer not to get the bootlegs though. I would really like to have great subs, and also support the real stuff..."

I fully intend to go with the AnimEigo product. What I'm asking is if someone that has it might not want it anymore, or may need some extra cash for the holidays and wants to sell it to me.

The only reason I would consider getting bootlegs of anything is if it wasn't available through a retailer.

So now that you know my stance on bootlegs. Let's be like two little Fonzies. B)

Yo Rocco. Try Here. Overstock.com They just got the 1st box set in for only $42.79 shipped. They are supposed to be getting the 2nd set on the 21st. ;) I only ordered the first set for now.

Edited by NSJ23

SWEET NSJ23! Thanks for the Good Lookin' Out! (GLO) :D

BTW, this IS the AnimEigo remastered version with the really good subtitles right?

Edited by rocco_77