Respect the Macross Cannon

grebo guru

Eugimon, I think so too.

He does have a point about the Zentraedi ships being used up, but then the question must be asked: why not scrap the entire ship and build new ones? They have a factory satellite, and all they have to do is feed it the materials needed, as the plans are already made. Why go to all the extra labour to carve out the back ends, design an entirely new ship, and attach four worn-out ships to it?

exactly

I think part of the problem with the Macross cannon is that everbody originally jumped to the conclusion that those were NV's rather than new built, unless there is a source somewhere says those are NV's.

I'll admit when I first saw the ship I thought to myself that they had attached four of them, but on retrospect I think it may be all newly built vessel.

Rambling.....

I think part of the problem with the Macross cannon is that everbody originally jumped to the conclusion that those were NV's rather than new built, unless there is a source somewhere says those are NV's.

I'll admit when I first saw the ship I thought to myself that they had attached four of them, but on retrospect I think it may be all newly built vessel.

Rambling.....

The hybrid design is what leads many to believe they are "attached" NV's, however the NV is much larger or at the very least much "longer".

The designer seems to have wanted to show a hybridization of the technology, in that humans designed and built the main superstructure and the Factory was tasked with building the buster cannons. The cannons themselves show no indication of being modified to fit, but rather look designed to fit.

IMO Kazutaka Miyatake did a better job with the Macross 5 fleet ships to show the design asthetics between the two races.

Yet the cannons fit in with the design aesthetic of "obvious" hybrid human / Zentreadi designs. Not the best executed design maybe, but consistent.

Ishimaru Posted Nov 28 2006, 10:59 PM

[They didn't ask for trouble when the cannon was distant, they expected to fire it from a distance hoping to take out all enemy casualties without any heavy losses but it failed. They though that a ton of firepower with the loss of maneuverability would gain easy victory without any heavy losses to men, but it never worked due to the large amount of overwhelming enemy forces. Think about it, would you rather have victory easily and not lose any men, or be desperate and try to round up all your resources evenly hoping that you can outdo the enemy.

Correct me if I'm wrong.]

Maybe that would work if you could count on your enemies to line up for you at a nice safe distence, but in most cases bad guys don't useually cooperate for you like that. I think expecting your opponents to be stupid is in itself stupid. Trying to outdo the enemy is what battle is all about one way or the other. If you suceed you win, if you fail you lose. No plan is ever perfect, but I think everyone's heard the old expression, "Don't put all your eggs in one basket." If you fail to follow that old advice, when something goes wrong you're all done. No more second chances, Done!

• 2 months later...

What gave the idea that these things were 6km long?

Please tell me something other than a fan site or Siembieda.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...st&p=430881

For the record.

In EB51 the Macross Cannon is listed as being 4000M long thus the same length as the Nupetiet Vergnitzs class command cruiser.

Therefore it is impossible for the "cannon" arms to be actual capital ships.

Don't mean to resurrect an old thread, but I knew I saw the MC's length somewhere... :p:wacko:

For the record.

In EB51 the Macross Cannon is listed as being 4000M long thus the same length as the Nupetiet Vergnitzs class command cruiser.

Therefore it is impossible for the "cannon" arms to be actual capital ships.

Don't mean to resurrect an old thread, but I knew I saw the MC's length somewhere... :p:wacko:

No problem Zinjo, it's always nice to have someone find the correct info. :D