The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Ishimaru

Well I decided to make this thread since the game is just purely awesome.

I got 8 hours into the game and so far its pretty awesome.

Just getting Epona back and riding him again back to Orodon was really just nice.

I'm still concerned a bit. Korikori Village was a village full of kids that never grew up and it was in a hidden forest, why is it near Death Mountain with the Gorons when in OoT it was like way off?

Just a bit concerned since Korikori village is where Link grew up in (Before and during OoT). Orodon seems like a place the development team tried to create in trying to make Twlight Princess better then OoT, I feel kind of pissed off since they didn't relate to OoT that much or at all...

Well leave what do you guys think?

I'm hearing alot of meh! about how it looks and feels like it should be on the old GC. So how is it comparing with it's fellow release games?

That's because it is a GC game <_< ;; I'm enjoying Rayman alot, with Zelda you need a commitment, I will do that over the looong weekend

I'm about 22 hours into the game and... I friggin love it (I had the past two days off work, so don't think I've been pulling all nighters playing this).

This is by far one of the BEST games I have ever played. I'm up to the 4th dungeon and man... just wow. I don't want to give too much away, but there's a "fun" puzzle you have to do to gain access to the master sword. I spent about two hours trying to figure it out before I broke down and out of pure dumb luck, solved it.

Also, remember the water temple in Orcarina of Time? There's another one in this game... and it's HARD.

As for the controls, they rock. Especially for aiming the bow, boomerang and hookshot (clawshot in this game). I don't think I can go back to the old analog stick aiming. The motion control takes about 3 minutes to get used to and then you're set.

I'm playing this on a standard def TV and yeah, it's cube graphics, but still, it looks beautiful and plays even better. If graphics is everything in a game for you, eh, what can I say? However, if you're looking for a fun, challenging game, look no further.

i've got absoloutly no problem with the wii's graphics. I'm a tad worried that it's processor might hold it back in game play design but thats a bout it.

really the only thing stoping me is the fairy's tingly noise when ever the pointer is in motion. good lord that is anoying :-)

The controls are awesome. Now that I have played it this way I dont know if I would like playing the GCN version.

Well technically the Wii isnt that much more powerful than the Cube but if it was from the ground up made for Wii it would have been nice!

supposedly, in order to make link right handed, the entire wii version of the game is a mirror to the gc version.

I have some problems with this mentallity, both that link is supposed to be a lefty, and that simply mirroring the entire game is lazy.

I may be wrong though i'd like to see the GC version before i buy a wii

Never mind just found out earlier today.

By any chance can some one confirm that the Temple of Time is not going to be neglected in the game later on? I just got through it and I'm kind of pissed of they left it out in connection with OoT.

Still confused here... :unsure:

I lost interest kind of after the Temple of Time hoping that something interesting would happen, I guess not.

Hopefully later on something will show up.

Currently in Sky City about to take on the boss; the dual hook shots are just crazy :ph34r: , found my new favorite weapon. :)

Edited by Ishimaru

supposedly, in order to make link right handed, the entire wii version of the game is a mirror to the gc version.

I have some problems with this mentallity, both that link is supposed to be a lefty, and that simply mirroring the entire game is lazy.

I may be wrong though i'd like to see the GC version before i buy a wii

Actually I noticed something. I think they only "mirrored" the Link model. When you are a Wolf;Links earring moves to his Left ear like it should be.

Only 5 hours in...so far so good. Graphically nothing to write home about..it's a Gamecube game and if you only have a Gamecube on a Standard TV, you aren't missing anything here except widescreen and swinging your sword with Wiimote instead of button.

As far as Zelda being made specifically for the Wii...it won't look much different from the GC one you see now. Even Treyarch that did COD 3 mentioned that the Wii really is like coding for the Gamecube (even laughed and said it bsically is a GC) with just a tiny bit extra juice (and mostly to help with the Wii's controller)...nothing that will make it stand out against a Gamecube title. When they did the commercials for COD 3 they were told by Nintendo not to show the games graphics much but instead show the people playing. Not sure if they did that or not but it makes sense.

The Wii won't look much different than your GC...don't expect it too. Instead it has a shiny new controller that is the star.

Is 480p considered Hi def? :blink: The GC has component cables and you can set RE4 on 480p

Technically no. High Def is 720p and above. But before there were EDTV's the only sets capable of displaying 480p were usually also Hi Def ones.

EDTV's can display 480p max.

Well I decided to make this thread since the game is just purely awesome.

I got 8 hours into the game and so far its pretty awesome.

Just getting Epona back and riding him again back to Orodon was really just nice.

I'm still concerned a bit. Korikori Village was a village full of kids that never grew up and it was in a hidden forest, why is it near Death Mountain with the Gorons when in OoT it was like way off?

Just a bit concerned since Korikori village is where Link grew up in (Before and during OoT). Orodon seems like a place the development team tried to create in trying to make Twlight Princess better then OoT, I feel kind of pissed off since they didn't relate to OoT that much or at all...

Well leave what do you guys think?

Not sure where you wanted this thread to go in your statement, but I tried the game, it is awseome, but then again I have not played Zelda since n64 , you know the Ocarina thingy. But I was curious too your initial opinion and found an answer for you i think, and its a video too, so no reading at all : ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaCEd4nwUP0

Not sure where you wanted this thread to go in your statement, but I tried the game, it is awseome, but then again I have not played Zelda since n64 , you know the Ocarina thingy. But I was curious too your initial opinion and found an answer for you i think, and its a video too, so no reading at all : ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaCEd4nwUP0

Well, don't have time to take a look at it now. But reading the comments I think you answered what I was looking for. Oh and it was some other village not Korikori village which was an actual village in OoT, it was Kikori Forest. Well have further opinion tomorrow, since I just found the old OoT Prima torn up strategy guide, going to have a good review over the game. Will post back later for my further opinions.

Thanks Mechwarrior. :)

Wow....

That really fixed my head up on the story. I need to watch it a few more times since I kind of don't get if the Zelda from OoT is the one in TP since Link.....OH!!!

Its her! Ganon was released no wonder!! I get it now...l.I think. :blink:

Wow this is so interesting. :o

I will add more later and take a look at more videos since I'm out of time. I need to go play some more Zelda games now.

Wow thanks Mechwarrior seriously man. :ph34r:

- Dean

Zelda's storys have routeinly not had any relation to each other. for best results don't try and make the games link together, just enjoy it as a new take on Link, Zelda and what ever else.

I prefer to think of them as different time periods with different incarnations of Link and Zelda and this is pretty much supported by the instruction manual for "Link to Past" mind you i havn't played since the GBC game... but yeah.

Chronologically, Link to the Past and Links Awakening (which happen to the same Link) happen some several hundred years or something before Zelda and The Adventure of Link on the NES. if you were to think about it as that with different time periods perhaps villages could have been relocated one was the original village and one was a resettlement. But yeah, just enjoy the game.

Just a tip to new players ---

You can't fight in the water. The first time you turn into a wolf, you find yourself in the sewer system, being attacked by the black worm things. Don't try swinging the controller around to kill them in water. There's no feedback from the game.

I was getting real frustrated every time I died during this part. I spent 3 hours before I figured it out. I thought my WII-mote wasnt working :(

Just a tip to new players ---

You can't fight in the water. The first time you turn into a wolf, you find yourself in the sewer system, being attacked by the black worm things. Don't try swinging the controller around to kill them in water. There's no feedback from the game.

I was getting real frustrated every time I died during this part. I spent 3 hours before I figured it out. I thought my WII-mote wasnt working :(

Ah..seriously I relied on my sense when I was frustrated with the game. I knew their was solution to the problem, it's always under your nose. Even with puzzles, just look around their is always a solution, you might have a item that you never used and it can be the solution or even a single action.

I beated the game on Saturday or was it Sunday at 2:00AM, all I can say is its a long ending, and you will be suprised.

One interesting thing if the facts up to now on GT(GameTrailers) are right, then the Zelda in the game is the Zelda from OoT as her adult form, when she sent off Link to go back to his time, which is real mind blowing... :mellow:

But they didn't finish TP so everything can change, I'm not sure of the facts myself, but I believe it's right. Some of the things in the game don't add up though for some reason.

Anyone beat the game so I can actually spoil it?

So is Twilight Princess a new storyline or is it a continuation of one of the past few recent games?

This reminds me I still need to beat Windwaker, got to the end but just stopped playing for some reason.

I believe it continues from OoT in which Zelda sends of Link to go back to his own time. Because there are two timelines now. Hyrule A when Link goes back to being a kid when placing the Master Sword in place, and Hyrule B when Zelda is left off alone with sealed Ganon. So the tunic and everything is from Adult of OoT because "Hero of Time" adds in to "Hero's Tunic". So it makes excellent sense that the Link now is a reincarnation of Link. Or I could be wrong sense it does not make sense Ordon came out of nowhere in the series, but that is my best theory, and I believe it is correct.

So to sum it up.

Zelda from OoT: Zelda from TP

Link from OoT: Not in TP, only a reincarnation like every other Zelda game.

But I'm still confused how Faron Woods has the Sacred Grove existing in it witch is the Temple of Time. So I'm still confused on how they just made up Ordon village.

Windwaker takes 100 years later after OoT in Hyrule B, so if you are going to play Wind Waker play OoT because its going to make alot of sense, and I recommend you look at the video Mechwarrior posted, it really changes everything.

I'm still editing my theory, so keep asking question guys ^_^ . I will answer them, and by that it will help improve my theory for how TP fits in the timeline.

the thing is, zelda as a franchise always has similar themes and recurring characters. i havn't been playing all the way through any of the recent games but i've never seen anything that specificaly said "remember last time, that thing that happend in the last game?"

it's always ambiguous at best. You'll probably be able to find a few little things that could tie the games together, but it's a zelda staple to make the preceeding games essentially irrelevant to the newest game.

the thing is, zelda as a franchise always has similar themes and recurring characters. i havn't been playing all the way through any of the recent games but i've never seen anything that specificaly said "remember last time, that thing that happend in the last game?"

it's always ambiguous at best. You'll probably be able to find a few little things that could tie the games together, but it's a zelda staple to make the preceeding games essentially irrelevant to the newest game.

Actually the reason why the call it the Legend of Zelda actually has a reason because "Zelda" is a legend....well kind of. Right before the whole series thing started Princess Zelda was known to know the way to the that special land that the goddess came from in which they created the Triforce. There are a ton of questions on why she knows this but the Royal Family Wizard casted a spell on her to fall asleep and in the process the wizard died.

Why did he do it? Cause the wizard believed she knew how to get to that special land in which the goddess came from, but Zelda didn't know, or did she? :huh:

But in Zelda II she was awakened by the power of the Triforce in which Link had to collect for through out Zelda II which is suppose to be from Time Line A after OoT when Link goes back to his time as a kid. Remember Zelda was still asleep, and they did not have all the Triforce pieces to wake her up, so by Zelda II Link managed to do it. I do don't know why Zelda II is ahead of OoT but Miyamoto said that OoT was the first of the series until The Minish Cap was released in 2005, about 6 years later when he announced that OoT was the first in the series.

I haven't played Zelda II or Majora's Mask which started Time Line A, since Link had to flee (To Find the Pieces I think) to awaken Zelda (I'm not sure were she is) or was it to save Hyrule because Ganon was at war with the kingdom (And then won). So Hyrule was in despair,etc. Then I think it was a GB version of the game that Link is on a raft (And he lands on a island, fights his worst fear Ganondorf, not the real one, his fear.). Wakes up the island disappears and so on he makes it back to Hyrule later, thats when The Legend of Zelda begins, since Ganon won the war Hyrule's towns and villages were destroyed so people had to move up north. Then Zelda II begins with Link awakening Zelda, and then it goes on from their.

I didn't realize I was typing a essay till now :mellow: . So I'm going to sum it up and conclude more of my theories.

Time Line B might have Zelda still asleep in it, I'm not sure because it was never mentioned. I'm suprised TP didn't show anything of the Ocarina either. So to change things around, TP could be way far off from OoT, why?

Zelda didn't have her Ocarina like she did in the of OoT.

Zelda never recognized Link with the sword or anything, so I assume this could be the awakened Zelda, since she never talks about the past or Ganon. And that sleeping (Might just be a fantasy thing) has deceased her aging since it could have been a effect from the spell that the wizard casted on her.

Or a descendant of the Royal family which makes good sense too.

The Temple of Time is a forest now, so its safe to assume if its like that, it has been awhile since OoT, and that the Master Sword is in its rightful place, but I don't get why Link didn't go back in time or something. (Hyrule was in danger at the time so couldn't a intervention from the sages have occurred when he pulled the blade?). My bet is that the sages gave up their powers to preserve the temple and the sword, as also they used it to seal Ganon, or they are long dead for some reason. :)

On second thought yeah it does make sense since you did pass through a gate when Link striked the sword on the mounting, so it could have activated the gate to travel back in time to what the temple originally was.

But the place lost my interest after you striked the sword again, I thought something cool was going to happen. :(

Link is reincarnated with "The Hero of Time's" tunic, which makes perfect sense, since a Hero was needed, as Ganon found a way out of the realm in which the sages sealed him in.

This would be the far most interesting theory of all, you know how the dudes at the Twilight World Entrance said that Ganon was chosen by the Goddesses because he had the seal? Well I assume thats the "Triforce of Power" that he carries and used to regain his strength. (I still don't get his aging). Link was reincarnated with the "Triforce of Courage" as Zelda has the "Triforce of Wisdom". You can notice it when Link turns into a wolf for the first time as the Twilight Creature was afraid of the power Link possessed, because he had "Courage" and the Twilight Creature couldn't stand up to him, even though he was armless. Zelda I'm still fussed up about, still doesn't make sense. Ganon is a easy guess, but how he got the Triforce piece back, and escaping the seal....MmMmm...

So its safe to assume that TP does NOT start right after OoT, but its somehow related in that starts some time after.

Didn't mean to type that much, again. :lol:

I'm going to be waiting on GT till they come up with what they have their say on TP and its connection to the Zelda world. They may make it look complicated but with visual footage, I know what they mean.

If anyone can help me out with some more useful information then post, or another question then go for it.

I know a good amount of information on the Zelda world and games now so hopefully I can help out.

We are still on topic so if your stuck in TP just say so too.

I'm just still confused on the TP thing.

My hands, ugh.... :(

Edited by Ishimaru

I was at target passing time during my lunch hour and I saw Master Replica's 1/6 scale Zelda Sword and Shield with Twilight Princess OST for 39.99.........since I haven't played the game yet I'm not really that enthused to buy this as well....

there is no timeline. its like final fantasy. the only reason there seems to be connections is because unlike final fantasy, zelda uses the same characters over and over.

the story is so ambiguous that you can stick any story line in ther eyou want and its pretty easy to make it fit because there is so little to work on.

there is no timeline. its like final fantasy. the only reason there seems to be connections is because unlike final fantasy, zelda uses the same characters over and over.

the story is so ambiguous that you can stick any story line in ther eyou want and its pretty easy to make it fit because there is so little to work on.

Not true. <_<

You never played Wind Waker did you? The intro itself describes Ocarina of Time which was 100 years before WW, Phantom of HourGlass is in the time period too.

TP, Link's Tunic. "The" Legend of Zelda in Zelda II, which was the Zelda fallen asleep awhile back when a evil wizard casted a spell on her,etc.

What do you mean there is no timeline? I'd like some proof of it, play Oracle of Seasons/Ages.

I want some proof in your thinking that the story is ambigous. I'm not saying your wrong as it is your own opinion on the timeline, but I what just like to know