VF-1 HUD pics?

do not disturb

hey all,

i was wondering if anyone had some good pics/scans of the HUD in a VF-1? i tried the search function and got nowhere with it. :( i found a couple of flight sim type pics but they looked super basic...no actually cockpit details or anything.

i don't need a pic from a toy or anything, but what the actual HUD would look like if you were sitting behind the cockpit of a VF-1. maybe someones has a good scan from one of the macross art books out there?

anyway, i thought it would make a really cool background for my desktop, this 1S strike pics is getting pretty old.

thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...

Are u looking for something like this

Hey Rodavan,

You wouldn't happen to have a hires pic of that cockpit console from the pilot's point of view, lying around would ya?

I think that's what a few of us would like to see.

I don't think it really needs to be textured, the rendered model with the same grey texture would be fine.

• 3 weeks later...

Question , I can't see a HUD on the movie version cockpit ?

Any help on this ?

I never really noticed, I'll check again, but SK may have used the cockpit canopy as a virtual HUD as in later shows...

Edit:

Yes indeed. The DYRL cockpit uses the canopy as the HUD, so there are no HUD plates on the console.

IPB Image

Edited by Zinjo