Strike Parts Colors

Arthurius

Hi everyone,

I just purchased some strike parts, the regular ones. On the box, and the pictures, it shows a navy blue. However, what i got in fact is a greenesh color, and not the blue navy that i see on the picture of the toy of the box.

My question is, is this normal? Is there different blue/green colors available for fast packs that are sold seperately. Note: I am not considering the black strikes from the stealth.

Please put your experience here with the strike parts. I feel it looks horrible on the vf-1a max. If looks descent on the vf-1s Roy, but it could be better if it was blue navy like the picture shown.

Thanks Guys.

Edited by Arthurius

In the 1/60 versions, the stike parts are dark blue, and look much better. Anyone know why on the box of 1/48 strike, the color is Navy Blue, yet the actual product is very different from that??

While we are at it, i have the Optimus Prime masterpiece MP-1. On the box, it show the hips as being a nice silver/chrome color, but in reality, the hips are a cheap plastic gray, again, i wander, what is going on.

Box photos are almost always hand-painted prototypes, rather than the real thing. It allows them to get the packaging ready earlier, and makes the product look better---as a hand-painted one usually has more details etc. than a mass-produced one.

Hi everyone,

I just purchased some strike parts, the regular ones.  On the box, and the pictures, it shows a navy blue.  However, what i got in fact is a greenesh color, and not the blue navy that i see on the picture of the toy of the box.

My question is, is this normal?  Is there different blue/green colors available for fast packs that are sold seperately.  Note: I am not considering the black strikes from the stealth.

Please put your experience here with the strike parts.  I feel it looks horrible on the vf-1a max.  If looks descent on the vf-1s Roy, but it could be better if it was blue navy like the picture shown.

Thanks Guys.

427462[/snapback]

Yes, the pics on the box show a bluish tinge as oppose to the green, but if you've ever seen DYRL?, you would agree that the color STRIKE parts come in is anime-correct. I agree that the bluish color looks great, but it would only make sense for it to be in green when that's how the FP's are in the movie ;) .

You shouldn't have to do this, but there is no choice now, but you can paint it fairly easily and cheaply with spray can. Also go over with a matte coat. You really don't lose detail and it looks heaps better in a revised and darker navy blue/indigo.