Some More Star Wars Stuff

port

Hey all. I've been working a ton of overtime lately. Sixty hours a week is killing me but, I bought some goodies. I thought I'd share. I'm saving now for the altimate Star Wars piece. Stormtrooper armor! It's alot of bucks but I have to have it. You guys know what I mean.

post-2780-1155440356_thumb.jpg

I've come so close to buying one of those light sabers. Are they worth it?

424686[/snapback]

Yes!

We've talked about them here:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...ic=14722&st=580

and here's a forum dedicated to them:

http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php

I believe port is a member there also :)

I've seen pics of his there.

I've got three sabers coming back to me that I had modified. I'll post pics in the lightsaber thread when I get them in.

Edited by Chowser

The FXs light up going from hilt to tip of the blade (unless you find an old one like Luke ESB, Anakin AOTC, or a first release Luke ROTJ), they make sound when you swing, they make sound when you hit stuff, and the hilts are close to the movie size hilts. Newer releases require less batteries, with the Darth Maul taking AAA instead of AA if I'm not mistaken.

You won't be cutting your way into cars to steal radios, but that's pretty obvious. :p lol They sure beat the hell out of a flashlight with a hollow plastic rod. :)

Awesome about the stormtrooper armor. While I prefer the clonetroopers, that's pretty cool to be getting. :) I guess you're not waiting for the MR stormtrooper helmets, judging that you already have one. Who's the maker on that? It looks good. :D

Hey all. I've been working a ton of overtime lately. Sixty hours a week is killing me but, I bought some goodies. I thought I'd share. I'm saving now for the altimate Star Wars piece. Stormtrooper armor! It's alot of bucks but I have to have it. You guys know what I mean.

424629[/snapback]

From your picture, I have the Mace Windu FX, Sandtrooper, and the kneeling Scout Trooper.

The Sandtrooper weathering was done quite horribly by Kotobukiya on all their variants of that figure. I was p*ssed when I received mine and had to conduct my own painting and weathering. The "weathering" that passed for those things comprised of someone dipping a piece of cotton into brown paint and dabbing the statues here and there. Morons...

Anyways, after the Sandtrooper fiasco, all their subsequent Star Wars figures are done far, far better.

what are the best ones to get? I read some reviews and it sounds like the empire strikes back vader and luke are good ones...as well as the return of the jedi luke.

424800[/snapback]

I don't know how durable the FXs are from experience because I'm careful with mine. If you hit hard stuff with a lot of force, it will break. If you beat two FXs against each other really hard, they will break. If you really want to beat the crap out of something you'll need a lightsaber with a stronger polycarbonite blade.

I've heard really good reviews of the Darth Maul FX. It takes only 3AAA batteries, lights up good, has nice clear and strong sound, and can couple with another single Darth Maul FX to become his double-lightsaber. Plus the hilt is pretty close to the size of the LE/movie hilt. People keep recommending it over a Vader ESB lightsaber.

I own an Anakin ROTS FX. It's really cool, I love it. Takes 3AA batteries though. And eventually the copper paint rubs off of the button. But it's still awesome. :D

The Luke ESB is an older model that has the instant turn on/off blade, not the scrolling on and off effect. It also takes 6AA batteries and isn't as bright or loud.

I own an Anakin ROTS FX.  It's really cool, I love it.  Takes 3AA batteries though.  And eventually the copper paint rubs off of the button.  But it's still awesome. :D

The Luke ESB is an older model that has the instant turn on/off blade, not the scrolling on and off effect.  It also takes 6AA batteries and isn't as bright or loud.

424849[/snapback]

cool...im not too worried about whacking them together, just which ones sound and look the best...is the anakin rots one the same design as the luke esb(but with the new electronics)? thought i read that somewhere, but could be confused...im not a fan of the latest 3 movies, so if i get some, it would be luke, vader, and obi-wan from the first 3 movies.

There is no Luke ANH FX right now, this is just to show the differences between the ANH, ESB, and ROTS Skywalker lightsabers. I prefer the Anakin ROTS design, but it's all a matter of taste.

The Obi-wan ROTS FX is either coming out or already out. I'm not sure if it's out already or not. It suffers from fat nexk syndrome like the Luke ROTJ FX.

skywalkerlightsaberdifferenceske1.jpg

I had two Anakin ROTS FX Sabers, I eventually destroyed LEDs in them with my son, I've since had them converted to the luxeon variants and they hold up real nice to dueling.

I have the dual Maul blade converted also and it's a good fighter.

I've currently converting a Luke ROTJ and Mace ROTS to luxeon conversions and an Obi-Wan TPM/AOTC Larbel hilt.

You lose the UP/DOWN effect of turning the saber on and off, and the blade is not as bright as the stock MR FX, but you can fight with the luxeon conversions and I have them displayed without the blades.

once i get everything set back up, I'll post some pics.

I sent my maul blades out to be upgraded from stock and I tore my two Anakins apart because I am changing the color to white.

Just ordered my Obi-Wan ROTS FX. :)

are there any differences in the obi-wan lightsabers across the series? (i know there's only 1 fx version out). I tried to find good pics of alec guinness with his, but couldn't find anything decent. if they all look the same, i'll just grab the rots one.

The first one is Obi-wan's Apprentice lightsaber from some books or comics or something, that one is a fan made one.

The second is the one from TPM, the third is from AOTC, they have very subtle differences, don't worry if you don't see them. :)

The fourth is the ROTS version, which is thinner and sleeker than the version seen in ANH.

The fifth is the MR As First Built By, which is what they imagined Obi-wans lightsaber would have looked like when it was first built, it was done before ROTS came out and is not considered canon.

The last one is the ANH version. It's thicker, and in real life is made from a bunch of found parts.

rpfobiall002as4.jpg

And this is what the ROTS Obi-wan FX looks like. Like I said, fat neck syndrome, like Luke's ROTJ. But I've been told you don't notice it when you're swinging that thing around, letting it do the lightsaber noises for you. :lol:

img0321nd4.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

^ok..that's pretty awesome right there! I think vostok used to have a set fo stormtrooper armor too.

ended up getting the anakin ROTS force fx myself...LOVE IT! Vader ESB will be ordered pretty soon, as well as a replica mouser to fudge into han's blaster. I'm actually surprised MR hasn't come out with a cheaper version, since replica mausers can be had for as little as $60.

yeah, it's the CS exclusive Matte Windu.

I don't like it, I just ordered a regular non-matte version to display.

:)

Now, with the DVD releases today, which version should I buy?

I still have the OT on VHS.

Should I get the Walmart version with graphic novel

or the

Best Buy version with metal tin cases?

Those look pretty cool, Chowser. I have the Mace Ep3, Luke RotJ (2nd), and Anakin Ep3 FX but haven't modded them at all.

I passed on the DVD's as I'm sated by the first 6 releases for now. I did get Lego Star Wars II, though, and have been laughing my ass off. :lol: