Batman Begins 2

i just read somewhere the philip seymour hoffman may be casted as the penguin

421706[/snapback]

That's still rumor. The best idea for Penguin is to use the current motif of the "Legitimate Businessman". Otherwise, I don't see Penguin as a good villian. The current talk is on who is gonna play Harvey Dent since we have a DA position that just became open.

Has anyone heard if they're planning on including Harley Quinn?

421642[/snapback]

huh... that would be interesting. Joker is already caught and in arkham being treated by dr quinn...

421645[/snapback]

or Joker on the loose caught then escapes with her help.

• 2 weeks later...
Phillippe Lands Two-Face Role?

Ryan Phillippe may be set to take over from Tommy Lee Jones after reportedly landing the role of Harvey Dent/Two-Face in the upcoming Batman Begins sequel. Reese Witherspoon's husband will join Heath Ledger, who has signed on to play The Joker, and new Batman Christian Bale in The Dark Knight. Crash star Phillippe beat Liev Shreiber and Josh Lucas to the role of the scheming district attorney, played by Jones in 1995 movie Batman Forever, according to internet reports. Academy Award winners Sir Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman have also joined the cast, while fellow Oscar winner Philip Seymour Hoffman is in talks to play The Penguin in the new film.

http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/2006-08-16/

I agree, to many vilians in the pot spoil the soup. The Joker alone is more than enough, there really isn't a necessary reason to bring in more at this point. But we will see, just because they have that many doesn't mean that they all need a lot of screen time, there were 2 in Batman Begins, and Ra's Al Ghul didn't really have much screen time except towards the end. ( And i mean as a villian not as a mentor in the way of the mystical ninja :p)

Edited by kanedaestes

maybe harvey dent wont be a bad guy yet in this one, they will build him up for #3, who knows?

425592[/snapback]

Might be true. Dent was in Burton's first film as a flat character and never materialized until the third film; gawd, what a horrible memory! :p

David Goyer spoke once when BB2 was still just talk-of-the-town that Harvey Dent would not be Two-face in this movie. So we are not expecting Two-Face to show. Harvey Dent? Yes. Two-Face? No (but don't discount the court room accident at the end of the movie).

So a build up ala Spiderman 2 with Harry. I'm ok with that. I just don't want to be 15 minutes into the movie and Penguin and Joker join forces to get rid that mean ole Harvery Dent. Lol

- C

Edited by Chewie