Macross Zero...in English!

terry the lone wolf

Currently in the works on a Episode 2 teaser, also got word from Mao's VA that she's pregnant, so we're discussing if she can still perform her role as Mao, which we believe there shouldn't be a problem seeing she's not due till March, and I expect us to be finished with all 5 episodes by December.

Currently in the works on a Episode 2 teaser, also got word from Mao's VA that she's pregnant, so we're discussing if she can still perform her role as Mao, which we believe there shouldn't be a problem seeing she's not due till March, and I expect us to be finished with all 5 episodes by December.

414370[/snapback]

In December can I buy a MacZero dubbed DVD from you??? :)

Pretty please? *get on knees and begs*

HIKURO YOU ARE GOD PLEASE HOOK ME UP!

:D

I'm not having any luck with the DVD forming at all....no matter how I mess around with it the disc either never plays or it's curropted....it's more then likely my computer causing the problems which really irks me off....I'm gonna hav ea friend look at it at some point......but right now ummmmmm no.

Damn! This is a dark day. Heck, fill me in on the details, and I could have a friend of mine do it for you, or my brother in law. Or I could just hook you up directly with them, I'm 100% sure they could do it as one works with computer animation and the other is a film/tv editor/producer-type-thing. They both watch anime, they'd be happy to help. 'Course I'd have to ask first. Anyway, let me know if you'd like me to help, I'd be glad to lend assistance!

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on what subtitles you're talking about? I thought Anbu-AOne did a great job on the subbing, I base my script off them....if you're talking about the HK DVD's then yeah, they did a decent job in Episode 1 and 5, but 2,3,4 were very off...

IM000546.jpg

Heres a picture of the DVD of Volume 1.

Pretty ambitious project you have going here!

I just watched episode 1A, and think you are doing a pretty good job so far.

I do think, though, that the background music at the opening narration, was a little to.......foreground. It drowned out the opening narration most of the time.

Yeah I noticed that too, and I tried to fix that like 12 times, it pissed me off how it goes down..........then it goes back up........then it goes down.........and JUST when you think it's over, it goes back UP....I've tried lowering down the music, and even upping the vocal track, it still would happen no matter what I did, it pissed me off.

But thanks for the interest thus far, I've had one guy in there just claiming "It's bad".....comments like that on youtube on my projects get quickly deleted like one fart head who said I was taking the Teknoman episodes and just redubbing them and episode 1 was actually episode 2 or was it episode 2 was episode 1.....it was something to effect of my comment later being "Childern this is why we don't smoke crack. You don't know any better regardless, so let's just f it up even more for you"

Episode 2 is going slow but I think we can still hit the target mark of the end of August. I got my Nora lines finished, but she'll have 1 redo to do.

The guy playing Ivanov is doing his rather well, he should be finished at some point.

It's Roy Fokker's VA and Edgar's that I'm worried about the very most....they're both very very busy....oh and Sara and Mao....both of them are very busy since Mao's VA is Pregnant and having a hard time coaping with that and work.

And me, I've broken my mic, so I gotta hunt for a similar model to what I was using cause it was by far one of the best ones I've had.

I was asked by a few people recently on how Macross DYRL was goign too be approached. So I thought I'd fill you guys in too case you were interested.

1) DYRL is a very long process, there's so much dialouge that if I printed out the script once it was finished, it'd probably be over 100 pages at best. Almost like a lil mini novel.

2) Zentradie language is hard to desifer and then put it down on paper on what's actually being said, or how it's pronounced. I try to take the words being said and make them sound like how they are pronounced, not just spelled out. But if I can get an audio sample up of my Breetia/Exadore scene I'll show ya how hard it is.

3) Vocal effects, this range from Helmet effects, Radio transmissions, loud speakers, hanger echo and even Zentradie Vocals....I have to do those in a very odd way, make them very echoie and then have one over lap the other slightly...so it gives it that good lasting echo.

4) SFX's are hard, we're talking about specific old 70-80's style sounds, so what I'm going to be doing, and if someone wants to help that'd be great...go thru my animEgo DVD's, rip them without the vocals and then go thru EACH episode and time stamp every usable sound I can get.

Course there will be moments where I can use the original DYRL track cause of no vocals or that I have the correct music.

5) Voices, there are alot of voices, even for minor roles, I'm gonna try to pull all my resources and get as many of them as possible to form a crowd talking, or Zentradie yelping as they die, ect etc....it'll be easier finding Meltrandie voice actresses then it will for Zentradie voices.

I've pretty much got a many cast going, but I got a few more roles that need to be filled, such as an Exadore, Hayao, Bridge Bunnies, etc etc.

So yeah that's pretty much in short what I'm going to be doing for DYRL....lots of attention to detail on this one to make it look like the original.

Oh I was also asked if I was going to be using Rick, Lisa, Ben names cause they'd rather hear those then the originals....I slapped them over the head for you guys.

You wont, I'm gonna try for you, the fans of the series, to have some of the best VA's I can find...I've got a few already preselected, and I'm gonna have them hammered on their lines hard core...

I've got over 15 minutes of the movie scripted, and I've recieved 1/4th of the Voices for Episode 2 of M0...it looks like it'll be delayed a bit.

Well Episode 2 is going extremely slow, I finished up the mixing for the scene between Ivanov and Nora in the sub for a test to show you guys....buuuuuuuttttttttttttttttt.......the person doing the special vocal effects hasn't done the piece....so nothing.

Macross DYRL is going well though, I'm almost half way done with the movie's scripting which is surprisingly going very smoothly...the only thing I'm gonna really nit pick on besides vocals is the Zentran/Meltran dialect....I'm having a real hard time listening in and typing it up....I almost gotta have my head phones on at top volume and repeat a single sentence for 10 minutes.