Vf-1s Super Valk 1/55 By Takatoku

Agent-GHQ

Hey guys, I wasn't sure if the VF-1S Super Valk 1/55 by Takatoku came w/ the black heat-shield. Can someone please verify and confirm. I can't remember if it did or not. But I do know the Strike Valk came w/ the heat-shield.

Maybe it did not came with one b/c I did not see it from the photo album of 1/55?? :unsure:

yes, it did NOT come with a black heatshield. Why? I don't know. Only bandai was the one who started incorporating the clip on heatshield.

Wow, that Super VF-1S went for a lot more than I expected, considering the average price for vintage Takatoku and Bandai VF-1S valkyries is around $250 now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

That price can still be considered a steal since several years ago when it would have easily been worth $1,000 and possibly more. Especially since it's rare to see one in such great condition, both the toy and box.

For my Taka Super VF-1S, I use an extra black clip-on heatshield that came with the 1990 Bandai VF-1S. I also have a red one that I use for my Bandai Strike VF-1S.

You're bidding on the Super 1S isn't it? i wanted to bid on it as well but the bugger wouldn't let me as im not from the states and my paypay account has to be from US as well

405412[/snapback]

yup, im bidding on it. I thought u were from the States. Yeah, the iSoldit are pretty strict about out-side bidders. :( And too bad this one I just won from eBay did not have that styrofoam piece that fits across the chest. Last, the seller claims that the owner never before transformed the robot but the pics shows the fast pack placed incorrectly. Isoldit never got back to me on that. This shows that something is not right! But oh well, I got it so its all good. ;)

Edited by Agent-GHQ

so why did you get this again? Did you have two before? You just dropped 500 bills on something you already had. I know you sold them but doesn't make sense because the ones you had before looked a lot more minty than this one. And Isoldit sucks because they charge 15 bucks for shipping already. Which is total BS. I bought a TF from them and they charged me 15 bucks for shipping! The TF didnt even weigh that much, basically next to nothing. Bastids!!

Wow, that Super VF-1S went for a lot more than I expected, considering the average price for vintage Takatoku and Bandai VF-1S valkyries is around $250 now.

Not to question an obvious uber-collector, but I've found the bone white Taka, when no yellowing is present, still easily demands $400+. I do remember seeing one go for less than that but only once.

You're bidding on the Super 1S isn't it? i wanted to bid on it as well but the bugger wouldn't let me as im not from the states and my paypay account has to be from US as well

405412[/snapback]

yup, im bidding on it. I thought u were from the States. Yeah, the iSoldit are pretty strict about out-side bidders. :( And too bad this one I just won from eBay did not have that styrofoam piece that fits across the chest. Last, the seller claims that the owner never before transformed the robot but the pics shows the fast pack placed incorrectly. Isoldit never got back to me on that. This shows that something is not right! But oh well, I got it so its all good. ;)

406747[/snapback]

i was suspecting something when i couldn't see the styrofoam bar, i have one already just that the box's in tatters, im more of after the box. well, congratulation to your win. nice to see vintage falling into the hands of fellow MWers.

Not to question an obvious uber-collector, but I've found the bone white Taka, when no yellowing is present, still easily demands $400+. I do remember seeing one go for less than that but only once.

406765[/snapback]

For a bone white Taka Super VF-1S, I believe you may be correct. In fact, I was expecting the one listed would sell for around $400, but it sold for just over $500. Most offered on eBay are not in that condition and have sold for an average of $250.

I bought mine for $300.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=6047604007

Wow great deal. If you wanna turn a quick profit on that I'm looking for one :) I was actually fortunate enough to get one eons ago for $400. The valk itself is minty white but the decals were applied and some have been worn off. I've been looking to replace it with a mintier one for quite some time now.

Wow great deal.  If you wanna turn a quick profit on that I'm looking for one :)  I was actually fortunate enough to get one eons ago for $400.  The valk itself is minty white but the decals were applied and some have been worn off.  I've been looking to replace it with a mintier one for quite some time now.

406864[/snapback]

Thanks, but I think I'm gonna keep this Super Valkyrie until I die; it's my "holy grail" of Macross toys.

Wow - that super was expensive!!! Too rich for my blood!!

I'd settle for a $150 reissue myself ...

:)

405412[/snapback]

406747[/snapback]

i was suspecting something when i couldn't see the styrofoam bar, i have one already just that the box's in tatters, im more of after the box. well, congratulation to your win. nice to see vintage falling into the hands of fellow MWers.

406797[/snapback]

Thanks bro! Let me know if you want to sell that styrofoam pieces that futs across the chest. ;)