Dengeki Hobby And Hobby Japan Magazines

big F

Not sure if this is the right place for this post. Mods please move it if it isnt. :)

Well Ive always liked the Japanese modeling publications. Nice pictures and articles etc.

But the main problem is you cant get them outside Japan easily. there tends to be a lot of them on eBay going for a lot of cash. but surely there is a better way of getting them.

How do you guys get your copies ???

I am going to Japan later this month (17th) so I will of cause pick up the latest issues in person. I was thinking of trying to bribe a friend of mine who lives there to send me them each month. If there is a better way then please post.

Also may be we should have a pinned post that can tell us when its worth buying for Macross content. I know there are users who get it regularly.

Not sure if this is the right place for this post. Mods please move it if it isnt.  :)

Well Ive always liked the Japanese modeling publications. Nice pictures and articles etc.

But the main problem is you cant get them outside Japan easily. there tends to be a lot of them on eBay going for a lot of cash. but surely there is a better way of getting them.

How do you guys get your copies ???

I am going to Japan later this month (17th) so I will of cause pick up the latest issues in person. I was thinking of trying to bribe a friend of mine who lives there to send me them each month. If there is a better way then please post.

Also may be we should have a pinned post that can tell us when its worth buying for Macross content. I know there are users who get it regularly.

386558[/snapback]

i get mine from the book store in torrance

depends on where you live really....so where do you live?

I live in the U.K so unlike the U.S.A the model shops are less likely to stock this away form the normal safe easy to sell product type of thing. Add that to the fact that model shops seem to be a dying breed in the U.K. I was hoping some one might say "Hey you can order them from www. somthingorother.com"

I live in the U.K so unlike the U.S.A the model shops are less likely to stock this away form the normal safe  easy to sell product type of thing. Add that to the fact that model shops seem to be a dying breed in the U.K. I was hoping some one might say "Hey you can order them from www. somthingorother.com"

386615[/snapback]

OCS will be a solution if you live in england . There is only one problem . You need to place your order 2 month beyond. But OCS also offers 1/2 year subscribtions.

Oversea Courier Service

I have a subscription for Model Graphix, a Comic shop here in Cologne gets them through Previews (monthly U.S Comic Magazine (more of an order list in fact) where you can order anything Merchandise-related, they also carry Hobby Japan and Dengeki, Replicant etc.) - I get them every month but the price is 16 EURO per issue - thank god I quit smoking a long time ago. :(

A few weeks ago I discovered that Rainbow10 (japanese Hobby shop, very reliable - www.rainbowten.co.jp)offer a subscription service for all the japanese magazines and they charge far less, something like 8-9 EURO with shipping included! Since they ship worldwide, this might be the cheapest way to go regardless where you live.

I checked out the second link for fun, that Dengeki magazine was found under "Otaku" in the Childrens/Teen magazines. I wonder why "Otaku" is higlighted in orange when no other category is? :huh:

I have a subscription for Model Graphix, a Comic shop here in Cologne gets them through Previews

386778[/snapback]

Yeah that's how I use to order mine also, until the bastards at the comic store I used won't make the order automatic and I had to order them every month. <_<