Mecha Musume

wolfx

I could've sworn there was a thread about this some time ago. Hmm....anyway continuing the mecha musume line from the previous release, ME 109E, the MIG 60 is next in line.

1142307463655.jpg

And these are the trading figures by Konami, series 2.

http://www.konami.jp/th/figure/mecha2/index.html

The designs are apparently based on some guy's work on 2chan.

Yah the lack of knees is disturbing as much as a russican robotette not wearing a dress.

380902[/snapback]

Then the trading figure version might be more to your liking? :D

top_03.jpg

i dont' understand what i'm looking at.

their legs look like plane fuselages' which is dumb because a ww2 plane with no wings looks more like a slug than shapely womans legs.

why are there propellers in the other girls shins, why does the girl have no knees? why is she holding a plane body like its her weapon/pet.

wtf is this.

I sense much culture shock goin on here...... :lol:

If not the MIG60, the german tank girl mayhap?

bo_t0.jpg

380961[/snapback]

IT'S METAL GEAR! :lol: Quick toss out a chaff nade and shoot her in the face with a rocket launcher!

Well it's japanese. You know from the country that has the people that created these three characters that explain everything: warera rori konda

Whatever floats their boat, but I still find these figures creepy. I mean girls with guns, okay. Girls with tanks, planes, vehicles, okay whatever. Girls combined to have their body parts replaced with vehicle parts... That's just ewwww...

I like the catgirl without replacement parts though. :p

I'm not an otaku.  I'm a fan, but good god I am not an otaku.  I HAVE SEEN THEM AND SMELLED THEM IN PERSON IN JAPAN, OH GAWD!  This is just creepy and reeks of otaku of the creepiest sort.

380924[/snapback]

Give me all your 1/48 valks and accessories else Ill post pics of you smelling them on the internet. :p

j/k

lol zentrandude. The stench is unavoidable when you have a big fat jiggling squeeling pig diving for a shelf you're standing next to at Mandarake Shibuya. Hell you should go to comicket! It's one giant otaku gathering! I saw a guy wearing a jacket with electric fans integrated in it to keep him sort of cool during the hot summer days at comicket.

You ain't getting my low vis version 1! NEVAH! No Max 1A or Miriya 1J with Fast Packs for you either! .............. I know!

I will shoot down your green cucumber shaped giant ship heading towards earth!! HAHA! Look what happens when you're sick and can't sleep at 2AM! I mean me! I mean! NAIL BAT!!!!! *brandishes it*

Well it's japanese.  You know from the country that has the people that created these three characters that explain everything: warera rori konda

Whatever floats their boat, but I still find these figures creepy.  I mean girls with guns, okay.  Girls with tanks, planes, vehicles, okay whatever.  Girls combined to have their body parts replaced with vehicle parts...  That's just ewwww...

I like the catgirl without replacement parts though.  :p

381041[/snapback]

Hence the "Pr-oTaku-KalChahhh" shock this thread seems to be generating.

Its very normal in otaku kalchah to depict prepubescent girls in compromising positions, sexy clothes, and scantily clad mecha-girls no less. I'm quite surprised by the reactions posted on this thread actually since I assume most of MW-ers are quite Otaku-nised. I on the other hand find this tame and harmless compared to the many other fetishes out there like "Guro". (which someone here described to have a disturbing fascination with)

Edited by wolfx

Its very normal in otaku kalchah to depict prepubescent girls in compromising positions, sexy clothes, and scantily clad mecha-girls no less. I'm quite surprised by the reactions posted on this thread actually since I assume most of MW-ers are quite Otaku-nised. I on the other hand find this tame and harmless compared to the many other fetishes out there like "Guro". (which someone here described to have a disturbing fascination with)

381221[/snapback]

No...see, we are all pretty familiar with all that, and while I don't get turned on by underage "anime-ish" girls, or gundam girls, I understand that they are popular.

But even gundam girls are girls wearing mecha parts. This is girls with mecha parts...which is quite a different thing in my mind. Subtle difference maybe, but a large one nonetheless. This is just...well freaky and unsettling. I mean, you have to be strange to like your girls wearing mecha armor, you have to be certifiable to like your girls with hybrid aircraft legs.

381221[/snapback]

No...see, we are all pretty familiar with all that, and while I don't get turned on by underage "anime-ish" girls, or gundam girls, I understand that they are popular.

But even gundam girls are girls wearing mecha parts. This is girls with mecha parts...which is quite a different thing in my mind. Subtle difference maybe, but a large one nonetheless. This is just...well freaky and unsettling. I mean, you have to be strange to like your girls wearing mecha armor, you have to be certifiable to like your girls with hybrid aircraft legs.

381280[/snapback]

If you're easily freaked at this, i'm sure you haven't seen the variable (valkyrie?) girl. I've posted that kit somewhere here yonks ago but can't find the post. Viceland has it in his wishlist. Scroll down to the last few items.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...l=variable+girl

Its a great sculpt IMHO though. :lol:

Dude the variable valkyrie girl has her labia at the front of the nose in "fighter mode". My wife popped up behind me to see what I was looking at, and asked what the girl does with her labia in fighter mode, deflect missiles with it?

That's just creepy. So is the guy ejaculating a steam that he's controlling. I could have lived the rest of my life without seeing this stuff. It's not that it shocks me, it's just somewhat not what I enjoy looking at is all...

wolfx,

these are hardly "hard core cultural" things. nor is anyones dislike of them some kind of culture shock.

i'm most certainly not an otaku, and i'm not shocked by these at all. also being proud to be an otaku is lame american thing, in japan that lable is avoided like the plauge.

it would be like proudly calling yourself a pedophilic sex offender here in the states, and being proud of it.

I really just don't get what anyone would like about this, replacing childrens legs, for no apparent reason, with the hull of a plane, then strippin them down to their panties. I don't get what someone would like in that.

they don't seem poseable, they don't really "flow" together. (its like they just chopped off a dolls legs, and attacked a kids mangled airplane toy to her lower section.

also you seem to be somewhat proud that they're weird, you like them, and most people here seem to dislike them. which i think is kinda odd.

also the fact you know what guro is doesn't make you more intune with japan either. heh.

thats like saying i'm more in tune with america because i know what bestiality is.

anyway back on topic. I still don't understand the point of these figures, it is a tribute to ww2 hardware? does it relate to some show or something?

wolfx,

these are hardly "hard core cultural" things.  nor is anyones dislike of them some kind of culture shock.

To put it very simply.....you're not in-tune to the japanese doujin scene. This kinda thing is very common and believe me when there is appreciation for such mecha girls. You might find it ....i dunno.....disturbing etc but that's you. To each their own.

i'm most certainly not an otaku, and i'm not shocked by these at all.  also being proud to be an otaku is lame american thing,  in japan that lable is avoided like the plauge.

it would be like proudly calling yourself a pedophilic sex offender here in the states, and being proud of it.

I don't think they avoid it like the plague but yes they are more conservative with non-otakus and don't go around showing off their nerddom in public. But go to akiba and you tell me that they shy away from a shop selling loli-pr0n.

I really just don't get what anyone would like about this, replacing childrens legs, for no apparent reason, with the hull of a plane, then strippin them down to their panties.  I don't get what someone would like in that. 

Maybe i'll just call it an "internet phenomenon". Wiki's your friend.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mecha_Musume

also you seem to be somewhat proud that they're weird, you like them, and most people here seem to dislike them.  which i think is kinda odd.

I guess i find them pretty cool. But shrug, that's probably because i just like doujin art in general. There must be a reason why something becomes so popular right?

also the fact you know what guro is doesn't make you more intune with japan either. heh.

thats like saying i'm more in tune with america because i know what bestiality is.

I never claimed so. I'm just stating this kinda thing is tame compared to guro, which again is another internet phenom. (restricted to doujin circles of course)

anyway back on topic.  I still don't understand the point of these figures, it is a tribute to ww2 hardware?  does it relate to some show or something?

381696[/snapback]

Refer to wiki link above. ;)

You're welcome.

Guys, it's just another weird Japanese doujin phenomenon. Instead of scantily-clad girls with big guns or huge swords, they just put a girl wth mechanical parts together.

wolfx is just admiring the interesting design of the figurines in an artistic context, not drooling over their little panties, nothing more.

Let's get back on topic and not start a flame war or the mods will close shop.

Doujinshi is awesome.

Actually some Japanese people avoid otakus or otaku-ish people like the plague. In particular a mangaka I know that's buddies with my wife (Akimoto Nami, author of Miracle Girls and Urukyu). We hide all the figures and stuff when she comes over so we don't horrify her. :p lol

Otaku does have bad connotations in Japan, and it's not just the US that does the retarded "I'm an otaku because I'm such a fan, using Japanese words to label myself is awesome! I'm such a hardcore fan of Japan that I don't even care about culture or nothin, or into the roots of terms, no I just use it because it's like teh l33tzors aw3c0r3." ' _ '

Europeans do it to. I hate French otakus more than American ones, don't ask.

Oh, did I mention that doujinshi is awesome? :D It's all about quality. :D

edit: removed something :p

Edited by Sumdumgai

You're welcome.

Guys, it's just another weird Japanese doujin phenomenon. Instead of scantily-clad girls with big guns or huge swords, they just put a girl wth mechanical parts together.

wolfx is just admiring the interesting design of the figurines in an artistic context, not drooling over their little panties, nothing more.

Let's get back on topic and not start a flame war or the mods will close shop.

381738[/snapback]

wolfx just needs to be careful a mod may give him the title "MW's resident Otaku"

Edited by Zentrandude