What Do Chinese Eat For Breakfast?

No, this isn't a set up for a joke. This goes out to chinese people or those of chinese decent that visit this site.

The question came to mind because I woke up this morning ( well, more like 1pm this afternoon!) after a wild night and I guess at some point I had bought chinese food!.

Being lazy, I ate that instead of making actualy breakfast.

But it got me wondering- what do chinese eat for breakfast?

Surely its not tangerine chicken and chow mein!

Just want to be the 411 on that.

:D

I think what he is going for is instead of Corn Flakes and Oatmeal what might be a normal breakfast in mainland China, is there a big difference in the diet of people in the population centers?

Not meant to be offensive, just curious about some of the common points of normal day t day life in other parts of the world

I can't speak for Chinese, but I know Filipinos eat vienna sausages, spam, eggs and rice for breakfast. I have white friends that just get disgusted looking at vienna sausages and spam, but its not like there was a damn VONS in the village where my grandparents and parents grew up, so people ate what meat they can get and canned meat doesn't need to be refrigerated, because after all its not like there was working electricity and fridges in the village either. So here's to Spam, the breakfast of Filipino champions. :lol:

You gotta be kidding me. I'm not taking offense as to being part chinese...I'm taking offense as to what this really has to do with the forum. :blink:

If you want to know what people living in China eat for breakfast than eggs and rice or fish is common, as are friggin' cereal and fruits for those who want it...

as far as people of Chinese descent...pretty much whatever we feel like. :rolleyes:

And all of this is moot if you live in Hawaii...be you japanese, haole, chinese, filipino, whatever...everyone eats friggin' everything. And Hawaii is SPAM's capital.

Edited by Gaijin

You gotta be kidding me.  I'm not taking offense as to being part chinese...I'm taking offense as to what this really has to do with the forum. :blink:

If you want to know what people living in China eat for breakfast than eggs and rice or fish is common, as are friggin' cereal and fruits for those who want it...

as far as people of Chinese descent...pretty much whatever we feel like. :rolleyes:

And all of this is moot if you live in Hawaii...be you japanese, haole, chinese, filipino, whatever...everyone eats friggin' everything.  And Hawaii is SPAM's capital.

379622[/snapback]

Yup... last year I was in Maui and they even had SPAM at McDonalds! To each his own dude!!!

You gotta be kidding me.  I'm not taking offense as to being part chinese...I'm taking offense as to what this really has to do with the forum. :blink:

And all of this is moot if you live in Hawaii...be you japanese, haole, chinese, filipino, whatever...everyone eats friggin' everything.  And Hawaii is SPAM's capital.

379622[/snapback]

You know it i just had spame and portuguese sausage this morning. Awesome, awesome.

Had to unlock this topic to reply. I'm not Chinese but my wife is, and she eats anything she wants for breakfast, but usually either toast, serial, fruit, or sometimes noodles. Or if we go out for breakfast, McDonalds or sometimes Dim Sum.

Or as Arnold said in Commando "I eat Green Berets for Breakfast". :p

Graham