Home Made Si-fi Gun

port

I saw some cool scratch build weapons at a si-fi show and I got inspired. It looks like a Biker Scout blaster to me. I made it from a Craftsman paint gun and a toilet repare kit. It was fun.

post-2780-1142031933_thumb.jpg

I saw some cool scratch build weapons at a si-fi show and I got inspired. It looks like a Biker Scout blaster to me. I made it from a Craftsman paint gun and a toilet repare kit. It was fun.

379066[/snapback]

Its like something straight out of Blake 7. I love it!

379066[/snapback]

Its like something straight out of Blake 7. I love it!

379076[/snapback]

With the exception of the hair dryer type Liberator weapons, most of Blake's 7 guns were cool.

Were you drunk when you decide to make it?  :blink:

379070[/snapback]

no he was on meth. Meth people like to make things so I hear

379085[/snapback]

meth heads twitch, potheads make stuff... to smoke out of at least.

so the question now becomes... where to you put the weed in it????? :rolleyes:

I used to make stuff like this to shoot bottle rockets out of using pipes and other crap found in the desert. They worked well enough. And if no pipes where to be found you just hacked off the end of a bent wiffle ball bat and you had an instant bottlezooka... until it overheated and melted a bit.

Did anyone ever make those elastic band guns when they were kids? Damn, that was some fun! :)

The really primitive ones were just long sticks (often old hockey sticks) over which you'd stretch elastic bands. They were typically only one or two shot and the bands had to be held in place by hand.

Later, my old friends and I got it in our head to design some really good elastic band guns. Using things like wooden clothes pins to hold the elastics in place, we started making all kinds of guns, some capable of eight or more shots. Then came those big industrial elastic bands that they use for bundling and piping. The bands themselves were like half a meter long. When they hit you, they hurt like a damn :)

Ahhh, good times :p