What Happened To Macross Homeworld Mod?

ComicKaze

Wasnt' there a big thread for the Macross Homeworld 2 total conversion DYRL?

Where did it go? I havne't heard much about the game lately and I could only find the old dead webpage.

378790[/snapback]

I don't think anybody has really worked on it for a while now.

I had pretty much given up on this project. When HW2 was announced, I was one of those who came out asking for them to finish the original HW mod insitead of starting over for HW2. Here we are in 2006 with a mod for neither. :(

I had pretty much given up on this project. When HW2 was announced, I was one of those who came out asking for them to finish the original HW mod insitead of starting over for HW2. Here we are in 2006 with a mod for neither. :(

379554[/snapback]

Not quite.

The old HW1 project site is still up: http://www.strategyplanet.com/homeworld/macross/

DL links may or may not work.

The HW1 project was about as complete as it ever was going to be. The only real big thing we could do/add would be to start working on true code for it (HW1 source has been released), but the source has a number of issues which make it entirely not-worth-it to work with (ex - portions of code relating to various features are gone because of third-party contributions, plus, it took months before anyone could even get the source to compile).

The HW1 project could be played through the entire SP campaign, though it was the HW1 campaign with all Macross units (where possible). If you can't play it through, you probably either have an older version of the mod, or an international copy of HW1 (for some reason, international/non-US versions have issues where US versions do not).