Super Robot Wars Is Getting A Us Release!

JB0

:o  :blink:

Wow! At 67 pages it's practically a TOME!

But other then the text errors hows the graphics?

424666[/snapback]

The graphics are nice for what they are. They're working within the constraints of the GBA, so nothing as flashy as you'd see on the PS2 games.

But the sprites are large and adequately animated.

Unlike the SNES versions, swords and guns aren't pasted onto a constant, static sprite. There IS animation of the mechs. But it's not exactly the most dynamic ever.

Big gripe is that the menus get a tad cramped in some places. The GBA screen isn't high-enough resolution to comfortably fit all the data that needs to be shown sometimes.

I am a bit confused. Are the games out already? If they are, on what gaming platform are they being released?

Thanks  :)

424672[/snapback]

Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation is out now. Should've landed on shelves wedensday.

SRT:OG2 is slated for an October release.

Both are GameBoy Advance titles, and compatible with the DS.

Personal wishlist is that Atlus follows this with the upcoming Japanese Original Generations, which remakes OG1 and OG2 for the PS2, bringing the AV up to the levels of recent SRW games like Alpha 2 and 3.

I have the Japanese SRT:OG2. It is the best looking GBA game.

I play it on the NDS Lite... the graphics is somewhat better than a lot of DS game.

And, OG2 is one of the hardest game I ever play. Some levels are impossible to beat without thinking ahead.

I honestly don't see why they didn't just design these for the DS. The extra screen & touch would have helped with the smaller size. With that said, I'm still not sure if I want to pick this up, as I love Alpha 3, but a big part of my love has to do with all of the licensed characters & mecha.

I honestly don't see why they didn't just design these for the DS. The extra screen & touch would have helped with the smaller size.

Because they were originally released in Japan back in 02, and the DS didn't yet exist.

SRWDS hasn't materialized, though Bandai was allegedly working on one.

I honestly don't see why they didn't just design these for the DS. The extra screen & touch would have helped with the smaller size. With that said, I'm still not sure if I want to pick this up, as I love Alpha 3, but a big part of my love has to do with all of the  licensed characters & mecha.

424965[/snapback]

Same here... although if Touma and Zengar are in it I might reconsider B))

Ya know they are making a sequel to this game later.

If ya read the August version of Nintendo Power I think, they mentioned it would be release in fall so its not far.

I think its going to be on the DS I'm not sure could be GBA again.

Oh wait its all ready mentioned in the thread. Nevermind... <_<

Edited by Ishimaru

I honestly don't see why they didn't just design these for the DS. The extra screen & touch would have helped with the smaller size. With that said, I'm still not sure if I want to pick this up, as I love Alpha 3, but a big part of my love has to do with all of the  licensed characters & mecha.

424965[/snapback]

Same here... although if Touma and Zengar are in it I might reconsider B))

424985[/snapback]

SRX is in this one isn't it?

424991[/snapback]

Yes to Zengar, yes to SRX.

I can't place Touma.

But between my typically poor name recollection and being only partway through my first playthrough,he isn't guaranteed missing. Could be only on the SRX plot, appear later in the ATX plot, or already appeared and I forgot.

• 4 weeks later...

No Touma (the guy in Raiou, ninja-like robot) in OG1, Alpha 3 wasn't out then. Not sure about OG2, but I think Touma isn't in that either.

Awww.... ninja mechs rule!

But at least Daizengar (or Dygenguar... weird official spelling) is in OG2. :)

Yeah... Atlus says Banpresto had them on a short leash, so they had to get approval for every single thing they did, down to item spellings.

But given Banpresto seems physically incapable of consistently romanizing names, that isn't necessarily a good thing.

Variable Formation! (if you have the green not to mention the stomache for it)

http://www.volks.co.jp/jp/event/srw/index.aspx

Ooooooohhhhh.... me want!

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, too bad. =/ But at least they don't look that bad. I'm more concerned about the overall character/background art now, after checking out the studio working on the show (OLM). It's the guys who worked on the TV series Guyver, Disgaea anime, Utawarerumono just to name a few. Ah well, should still be okay I guess.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Sorry to bump an old thread but after hearing about Bandai's plans to do an (as yet undisclosed) SRW mech in the SOC line I got to wondeirng the other day about where the franchise has gotten to? :unsure:

I haven't seen anything new in SRW land since the DS game and the Divine wars anime, anyone knwo of anything new coming up?

Wow, old topic. Lessee...

Chances are you haven't heard about OGS's sequel, SRWOGs Gaiden. Gaiden features the originals from SRWR, Compact 3 (I think) and the Compatible Kaiser as key parts to the story, amongst other features.

There's a new SRW project with no name at the moment, no specifics other than the fact it's a SRW game. There's also the SRW Advance port, for the PSP. It features animations both recycled from PS2 SRW games and new animation.

Otherwise there's Endless Frontier: SRWOG Saga, which isn't much of a Super Robot War (but they put SRW in the title, so...). It's an RPG mixed with Namco X Capcom elements (if I remember), featuring names and designs from SRW, characters from NxC and Kosmos...

Otherwise... lots of Original Generation model kits. I know the Grungust Type 0 is being worked on, but I forgot what else was coming up regarding kits.

Edited by Wing Commander Chen

The PS2 OG games look great, it's a real pity none of them have come out in English, I guess the GBA games didn't do well enough. :(

Yah. Apparently Atlus has decided that SRW has not shown itself to be a marketable franchise in America.

Maybe if they spent more than five dollars on ADVERTISING, so people actually knew the game was coming...

But this IS the same company that kept on not reprinting Disgaea while eBay scalpers made a killing.