Megaroad-01 Question

Gubaba

I don't really expect any answers to these, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway...

First off, the Megaroad-01 launches in September 2012. Then, in 2016, they cease communications near the galactic center. Yet the Macross 7 (which presumably is a much faster ship) is still not at the galactic center after seven years of travel. The only answer I can think of is that the Megaroad did an extremely long fold directly to the core, but the M7 is checking out other planets on the way...

That, or maybe it's just that Macross 7 is a bit more lame...

Second, I'm pretty positive that the Minmay Guard Valk is in no way canonical, but I'm wondering...the first version (the one shown in...um...Hobby Japan, I think) is for a 2012 Minmay concert; that's fine. But the second version (the one recently released by Hasegawa) is for a 2013 concert on the moon...how's that possible? Did the Megaroad just float in orbit for a year before taking off to parts unknown? Maybe they were waiting for Misa to give birth first?

Could be that they were working off some piece of data found at the Protoculture city and were working from that or they decided "hey instead of us starting off trying to find planets from here lets work our way out from the middle."

which would make pretty good sense.

That could be.

Another thing could be they were trying to gather as much advanced OT as they could before another invasion came along; so they were shooting for probably the most densely populated PC systems.

I am thinking its just a continuity screw up that most people miss because they aren't all that concerned about it.

Point well taken...

But other than that, yeah, I pretty much agree with everyone else. I'm guessing the Megaroad-01 had a specific destination in mind, rather than just a random colonizing attempt.

have you read and studied the whole macross history? The only reason i know of for the megaroad -01 disappears is the ceator dead before finishing it so the only way they could answer the question is to say it disappeared.

well thats my understanding of the old newspaper article says.

Kawamori didn't die. He just wanted to end their part of the story. You know the hero rides into the sunset and vanishes.

There has to be dangers in folding to a place that you don't know. What's that line Han Solo says in starwars? The Macross 7 would be taking it's time they are looking for places to colonize and want to make sure it's a safe trip for the colonist. Accidently folding inside planet would ruin the trip.

If I remember from a post I read couple of years ago (I think by Yoshi) in the end of a video game their last message was a report that they heared singing from the center of the galaxy and were going to investigate it. Which would seem to indicate that the Megaroad had a specific location in mind.