Macross Fans Of The 80s

Agent-GHQ

I am a car salesman for Saturn in Roseville, California.

361229[/snapback]

I worked for Saturn for about 9 years at their engineering center in Michigan. That was the best place I ever worked. I am now stuck on the metal side of the auto business supplying prototype material to GM.

former helicopter pilot

Now real estate millionaire - now I fly my own helicopter  :D

360703[/snapback]

Man I want to be like you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gotta' get into real estate someday. Or owning a franchise....

I'm still a lowly corporate jet pilot...

hasn't this been asked before? Oh well. I'm a post production coordinator for Imaginary Forces. Currently working on some movie titles and commercials like the Break-Up, Lexus IS 350, Lexus hybrid, and zales.

former helicopter pilot

360703[/snapback]

361432[/snapback]

Gotta' get my license to fly someday.

I'm a lowly CaD designer...

:lol:

Medical technician....... Polysmnography technichian....Sleep tech...sleep studies, diagnosing sleep disorders....watch people sleep,,,,monitor brain waves,,,,breathing,,,,electrodes......wires everywhere...shart shift.....7pm-7am

Haaaahaaaa I wrote the S word and it put "poo shift"...

Im going to Satalite/Sirius!!!!!!( Howard fans?)

Edited by orguss01

former helicopter pilot

360703[/snapback]

361432[/snapback]

Gotta' get my license to fly someday.

I'm a lowly CaD designer...

:lol:

361444[/snapback]

LOL!

Hehe, yup, watching cartoon does help but not much :D . In school they always emphasize about how dreams and imagination can come true and all but as soon as you propose stuff like "fighter that can fly in space and turn into a robot," they tend to back out or something. But hey, you have my support should you really truly want to follow through. And i'm most certain that MW fans will support you too.

Vism, you big ol' nerd you! Haha...im kiddin bro. Thanks for the input.  :D
I work at NASA as an aerospace engineer (no joke). Macross was yet another cool show that made me interested in aircraft/spacecraft  :D.  Hence why I have my little game simulation of a VF-1 I'm working on the side (Valkyrie Simulation Project). Was just working on the VF-1 control laws again actually, hehe.

Anyone a bridge bunny?  :lol:

361122[/snapback]

361149[/snapback]

lol, yeah, okay, a bit :p. But I watch cartoons, so that helps...right? :blink:

BTW, they don't listen to me when I suggest we build a fighter that can fly in space and turn into a robot, dunno why, hehe.

361159[/snapback]

See your job is not that bad. After all you get paid while surfing the net too. BTW, i'm sure the city gives you good compensation for your back injuries. Oh and that's for the VF-1S Ichijo and Super Fast pack set for $250 shipped. That was my first Yamato ever and now i'm hooked!! :p

been a cop in a suburb of Cleveland, OH since 1998.

too old to start another job, have documented back injuries, oh well....pay's ok, hours suck, work is fun, hey, i'm getting paid now to surf :)

361161[/snapback]

Edited by Agent-GHQ

Bro, do you have any idea how many guys would love to be in your shoes?? :D . I mean where on earth can you work and get the goodies. So hang in there and play your cards right. And dont forget the jimmys'!! :p

"Why's he getting headaches?....Spoilt for choice? Or is this another "head" we're talking about?"

From my experience, a little bit of both.  Working and having fun with these young chicklets is alot simpler than managing and having fun with them.  Actually, managing and having fun with them just leads to problems...

361219[/snapback]

Wow! It's encouraging to learn that most of us actually have a life :p And interesting ones also!

I'm a comic books artist and writer for Dark Horse Comics. My editor learned that I am a Star Wars fan and since then I draw Star Wars stuff.

I had a nice talk with Ben Abernathy, the Robotech comics editor, and asked him for a chance to do some Robotech art but the creative team was already asembled. Nevermind, I'm finally beginning my own mecha series this year :D

I'm a graphic designer by trade, but have strayed away from that for now because of low pay, and much competition here in California. I used to design T shirts at a company that had licenses from marvel, ninja turtles, movies, etc. The pay was just bad though. Any way, I am now in the aviation industry as a mechanic. What a change. This job was supposed to be temporary, but has been more lasting than I anticipated. I work on cessnas, pipers, MU2's, etc. I'd be more enthused if these planes transformed into robots though. :p

Wow! It's encouraging to learn that most of us actually have a life  :p And interesting ones also!

I'm a comic books artist and writer for Dark Horse Comics. My editor learned that I am a Star Wars fan and since then I draw Star Wars stuff.

I had a nice talk with Ben Abernathy, the Robotech comics editor, and asked him for a chance to do some Robotech art but the creative team was already asembled. Nevermind, I'm finally beginning my own mecha series this year  :D

361573[/snapback]

traitor!! You should be only drawing MACROSS!!!!! haha, I keed I keed. Dood, show us some of your work. I'd like to see what you've drawn, and what mecha series your planning on doing. :huh::D:p:lol:

Wow! It's encouraging to learn that most of us actually have a life  And interesting ones also!

I had a nice talk with Ben Abernathy, the Robotech comics editor, and asked him for a chance to do some Robotech art but the creative team was already asembled. Nevermind, I'm finally beginning my own mecha series this year 

That is so cool, I always wanted to be a comic artist... :D

I am an Airman in the United States Air Force as a videographer. My plan is that when my enlistment is up to go to Full Sail in Orlando, Fl and get my Bachelors of Science for film, and would like to make professional films or music videos. So far I am quite good at the videos I do make, but I am tired of making the ones the Air Force wants me to make, I am ready to make my own kickass creations and whatnot.

I also hope that some day you all will critique my movies and say how bad they are, and then I can tell you all to go to hell cause that is what the studio wanted me to do, and that you will all have to wait for me to start my own production company for the good stuff. Mwahahahahahahahaha :D

Let's see, in the past 10 years, I've worked as (in order);

a bartender in a run down tavern (literally, a train derailed and ran over the pub!);

a studio recording & live sound tech (highlight of this career? live sound for a Kenny G concert :wacko:);

a Club Med G.O. (sound Tech & DJ) I go postal if I hear the "Hands Up! Baby Hands Up!" song;

a telephone install/repair tech (Bell Canada, laid off due to downsizing so they could sub-contract the work at half the wage);

and (currently) an Occupational Health & Safety Officer for a chem lab & foundry, and Radiation Safety Officer for an X-ray lab (all government labs), I get to say "It's not a tuhmah!"

Life takes you on weird paths sometimes.

Let's see, in the past 10 years, I've worked as (in order);

a bartender in a run down tavern (literally, a train derailed and ran over the pub!);

a studio recording & live sound tech (highlight of this career? live sound for a Kenny G concert );

a Club Med G.O. (sound Tech & DJ) I go postal if I hear the "Hands Up! Baby Hands Up!" song;

a telephone install/repair tech (Bell Canada, laid off due to downsizing so they could sub-contract the work at half the wage);

and (currently) an Occupational Health & Safety Officer for a chem lab & foundry, and Radiation Safety Officer for an X-ray lab (all government labs), I get to say "It's not a tuhmah!"

This tread gets surreal at times, doesn't it?

traitor!! You should be only drawing MACROSS!!!!! haha, I keed I keed. Dood, show us some of your work. I'd like to see what you've drawn, and what mecha series your planning on doing.

I know, I know, but who owns the licence for Macross comic books??

The mecha series I'm planning is an original story that I hope to make into a franchise someday. Here's my latest gig: http://www.darkhorse.com/profile/profile.php?sku=13-692 I'll let you guys know when the book is out so you all can buy it (more royalties, more valks :lol: ).

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

Word has it that a "GreenPea" sells better than the vet. Is that so or just an inside salesman joke? Anyhow, I was thinking about doing auto sells too, part-time though.

361229[/snapback]

361544[/snapback]

NO in a sence it is true. this is because veterans (such as myself) know to much. One thing in this buisiness, is the less you know about the product, the easier it is for the product to sell itself. I am a year in the buisiness and senior sales person at my store. I do hold my own, but I have to greens beating me so far this month. Oh a word to the wise, there is no such thing as part-time car sales, at least in my neck of the woods.

361229[/snapback]

I worked for Saturn for about 9 years at their engineering center in Michigan. That was the best place I ever worked. I am now stuck on the metal side of the auto business supplying prototype material to GM.

361423[/snapback]

OOhhh!!! Prototype materials, so could I use you as an inside source for upcoming products? hehe!

Cool! What do you play lead while he plays rhythm?

361294[/snapback]

Sorry - hadn't been on the site for a few days.

We actually trade off ... I'm lead on some songs, he does the others. He's actually a pretty good player, which was a surprise going in and not at all what I was expecting. Very definitely holding his own.

This is really his thing, though ... The choice of tunes we do aren't exactly my first choice, but how am I going to pass up a chance to play gigs like this? You can't even see the back of the room for all the warm bodies out there.

I was walking around like a teenager in love for a solid week last year after the first show ... just a huge stupid grin on my face ... Especially when all the cute realtor girls would come up and say "You were that guitar player, weren't you?". :D

Bliss, my friend. Utter Bliss.

Edited by Batou

This is just awesome. Not something that one can expect to get in the workplace. :)

Cool! What do you play lead while he plays rhythm?

361294[/snapback]

Sorry - hadn't been on the site for a few days.

We actually trade off ... I'm lead on some songs, he does the others. He's actually a pretty good player, which was a surprise going in and not at all what I was expecting. Very definitely holding his own.

This is really his thing, though ... The choice of tunes we do aren't exactly my first choice, but how am I going to pass up a chance to play gigs like this? You can't even see the back of the room for all the warm bodies out there.

I was walking around like a teenager in love for a solid week last year after the first show ... just a huge stupid grin on my face ... Especially when all the cute realtor girls would come up and say "You were that guitar player, weren't you?". :D

Bliss, my friend. Utter Bliss.

361751[/snapback]

Edited by rnurmin

Use to be:

-Manufacture Industrial Engineer for the Boeing Company

-Microsoft Bitch err contractor

-QA Engineer for dot bomb.

-QA/Tech Support for a small software engineering firm.

Now:

QA Lead Engineer for a company that does contracts for Autodesk. Wait till you guys see ACAD 2007. ;)

Okay, interresting,....

WHO'S THE GIRL IN YOUR AVATAR?!!!!!!!!!!

:p

361614[/snapback]

I honestly don't know. There is a website out there full of well endowed natural japanese chicks. Try www.kimochiii.com or something to that effect. Google it. If not, PM me. I have a link added to my favorites. ;) I don't know how it got added, but it just showed up on there one day! :p