M:i:iii/mission Impossible 3.

UN Spacy

SPOILER QUESTION

397649[/snapback]

Wow. I really liked this movie.

I was pretty happy about that. At that point we already saw them get out pretty tight spaces within buildings that I didn't really want to see another similar sequence... they literally just cut to the chase.

SPOILER QUESTION

397649[/snapback]

Wow. I really liked this movie.

I was pretty happy about that. At that point we already saw them get out pretty tight spaces within buildings that I didn't really want to see another similar sequence... they literally just cut to the chase.

397652[/snapback]

I hadn't thought about it like that... I guess the object in question was such a high-point in the movie I figured "getting it" would justify more space on the movie reel. Ah well, as I said I still enjoyed it a lot!

Yeah, a tiny little thing like what I mention in my sig is enough to turn me off of this movie.

Then again, each MI movie has Tom Cruise being thrown around in some physically impossible manner, simply because they think it looks "cool".

It looks stupid.

Very, very stupid.

397531[/snapback]

Drew, I'm so glad someone else noticed and was put off by that! The very first time I saw that I thought what the hell?

I understand it is an action flick, and as someone else said " turn off your brain" but come on. I guess it just put me off after that ridiculous fight scene in MI:2 when they slam into each other after jumping off of Motorcycles going...I can't recall how fast, but they did make a point of showing the speedometers. So that didn't kill them, and then they proceeded to beat the tar out of each other with hands and feet and even rocks but they just kept on going.

You can only let sooo much go. All that being said, people seem to think that this is much better than MI:2 and I liked MI:1 so I might still check it out. :p

Chris

"Dear Tom Cruise,

Your lack of belief in the existence of clinical depression tells me one thing: you didn’t spend $10. to see War Of The Worlds. If vitamins can possibly help me out of this spiraling funk, please let me know which ones. Dinos? Pebbles? Freds?

Please, I’m crying out for help.

Alton Brown"

AB just plain rules.

The rabbits foot is the item in question in this movie but they treated it like a standard WMD that we've seen in other movies. But the mission goals that were most important here were the human cargo. Keri Russell and then Michelle Monaghan later on. I gotta say though, the end was rather abrupt. The build up was so great then we get a small fist fight in the middle of a small street or alley. I wish it was more of a firefight.

As far as Cuise flying sideways, it did bother me in the trailer but when I saw the movie, I watched it carefully. there was a slight angle in which Ethan Hunt was thrown. The Explosion was to the left/back of the screen and Hunt was thrown towards the camera to the right. The angle was still skewed but not as bad as I originally thought.

I'm sure I could've nitpicked the hell out of this movie, but the pace was so kinetic that I was already caught up in the next scene before I bothered thinking twice about it.

Any problems he has is probably from overexposure.

Him and his new wife are subjects of waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy too much s**t.

397941[/snapback]

I agree. Admittedly though, we pay them to be in movies, not spout about religion, politics, or anything else

(that said, I rarely notice when an actor/actress steps up and says something not movie-related. I just ignore it)

Any problems he has is probably from overexposure.

Him and his new wife are subjects of waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy too much s**t.

397941[/snapback]

I agree. Admittedly though, we pay them to be in movies, not spout about religion, politics, or anything else

(that said, I rarely notice when an actor/actress steps up and says something not movie-related. I just ignore it)

397943[/snapback]

I bear no ill-will to Tom Cruise. Yes, in the past couple years, I've noticed him to be a bit... odd. And coming from a guy like me, that means alot :lol:

I understand stars getting themselves into the news, interviews, talk shows, etc., in efforts of a publicity blitz to promote their works. That's fine. But Cruise and all his baggage has been the subject of way to much talk and news. I wouldn't be surprised if people like myself just got sick of seeing him on any sort of screen (TV or Silver).

As far as Cuise flying sideways, it did bother me in the trailer but when I saw the movie, I watched it carefully.  there was a slight angle in which Ethan Hunt was thrown.  The Explosion was to the left/back of the screen and Hunt was thrown towards the camera to the right.  The angle was still skewed but not as bad as I originally thought.

I'm sure I could've nitpicked the hell out of this movie, but the pace was so kinetic that I was already caught up in the next scene before I bothered thinking twice about it.

397835[/snapback]

Thanks EXO :)

Chris