Is Scrambled Valkryie Worth Anything Nowadays?

David Hingtgen

Basically, I plan to get rid of most of my few remaining SNES games, and since I doubt any local store would even know what Scrambled Valkyrie is, I'm wondering if it goes for anything---especially since I believe most people who play it nowadays simply use a ROM and emulator. In case anyone's wondering, mine was MISB when I bought it, and is now as close to that as it can be while having been played. (I still have the plastic wrap with yen price tag)

If not, I'll just keep it another 20 years and sell it when vintage import cartridges of any kind are "RARE!!11! L@@K" on Ebay. :)

Edited by David Hingtgen

Last I checked, it goes for around $40 - $50 on ebay. Not exactly the $100+ it used to command, but not a bad price either. I work part-time at an anime/videogame store that actually sells Super Famicom games, but even we give no more than few dollars for Super Famicom games. The reason is that, while they're rare, most of our customers (think Inu Yasha fans) don't know what they hell they are and the carts simply languish in the display case. And our few customers who do know what Super Famicom carts are already have the roms. The Scrambled Valkyrie cart is strictly for the collector.

I'd put it up on ebay or just sell it here. Should you choose the latter, shoot me a PM, I'm interested.

• 1 month later...
I never sell on Ebay, I've sold a few Yamato valks here before, so I'd just sell it here.

347319[/snapback]

and your 21 is still being lovingly cared for ;)

I gomething else from you as well... didn't I?

As for the cart. It's definately more of a collectible than a useful piece of software now-a-days. When I aquired more snes games than I knew existed in roms for my dreamcast I didn't sell my snes [as nothing beats the snes controller for mario cart] but it hasn't been used since. Heck, I still haven't tracked down a power supply and controller for my atari jaguar and people keep giving me systems that just get stacked on top ofthe snes in the closet. Yeah... a sega saturn was cool, but now I have two and I've never turned eaither on :blink: . Anybody want a sega genisis with cdrom? maybe an atari with a garbage bag full of games? :lol: .

even as a collectible I'm not sure. At least your lucky in that it's a dual collectible... snes and macross... so while snes values drop in the digital age you still have macross and robotech fans to drool over it. I was amazed back in 1999 when I bought digital mission vfx1 for psx from a local store for what I thought was an outrageous price, "backed it up" a couple hundred times over a year, and then sold the original for more than I paid for it on ebay! I'm honestly more impressed with the games I have like "thrill kill" which was never released than the import games, but thats me. I'd say sell it if you need the cash, if you don't put it in a ziplock baggie and throw it in the closet for 20 years and see what it's worth then. If I had done that with all my 1986 x-mas gifts and been able to sell them mib today I would have a very nice vehicle indeed :blink: .

oh... and for anybody interested in aquiring this from david... he takes really good care of his stuff. Really good.

Anybody want a sega genisis with cdrom?

Yeah. But I already have it. 2 Gennys(Original and mark 2), one SegaCD2.

And Lunar 2, which makes it all worth while.

even as a collectible I'm not sure. At least your lucky in that it's a dual collectible... snes and macross...

Moreso since it's complete and in mint condition. That lets you command a premium.

so while snes values drop in the digital age you still have macross and robotech fans to drool over it.

Actually, the SNES is a pretty pricey machine right now.

It's "gone retro" so there's an absurd amount of interest from people that had 'em when they were younger and want to recapture it.

Unfortunately, the market gravitates towards titles that are well-known in the US, so japanese games, with few exceptions, don't draw an awful lot of cash. But the Robotech card could keep this one up there.

But I do feel obliged to go on a pet peeve rant now...

ROMs are the original games. ROM images are the files used in emulation.

Excepting Satellaview software. That wasn't distributed on ROM, so it'd be RAM images. :p

I still have my SEGA CD2 as well, along with my Jaguar, Saturn, etc. Now...if I could only find the working ROM "images" of Radiant Silvergun-that game sells for as much as Valkyrie Profile...

-Damn...I just realized that I no longer have the box or the booklet to my copy of 'Scrambled...DAMN!!

Edited by myk

Now...if I could only find the working ROM "images" of Radiant Silvergun-that game sells for as much as Valkyrie Profile...

*kicks*

Those are DISK images. The games weren't even on ROM chips to start with!

Well, assuming you meant the Saturn version. The ST-V one IS on ROMs.

And yes, it bothers me to see a technical term that actually refers to a specific piece of technology misused just because it's easier to write than "pirated software."

I think you are selling your game in the wrong place. Try a video game forum or one of those game trading sites and see where that gets you. It's a great game and people know it. I payed $44 for a bare cartridge in 2001 and while I thought it was a good deal back then, I'd expect the game to be more complete nowadays for the same price.

*kicks*

And yes, it bothers me to see a technical term that actually refers to a specific piece of technology misused just because it's easier to write than "pirated software."

356698[/snapback]

*blocks*

I always thought Radiant Silvergun had started out as an arcade machine before it hit the Saturn, which is why I had searched for those ROMS-I should have been more specific. I don't have any plans to use any Saturn-emulated games asides from 'Radiant. Either way, I just want a chance to play it and confirm that I like it before I make the plunge and buy the Saturn game at it's very high price.

I always obtain the retail version of software whether it's games, music, etc.

I do feel improper about using pirated software, which is why the only ROMS I have are for games that I already own, as trying to dig out that Genesis/SEGA CD2/32X contraption out of a closet just to play Corpse Killers is too much for me.

Edited by myk

Now...if I could only find the working ROM "images" of Radiant Silvergun-that game sells for as much as Valkyrie Profile...

*kicks*

356698[/snapback]

pirated software is easy to write... just uce "ctrl"+ "c"

pirated software

pirated software

pirated software

pirated software

pirated software

pirated software

see... :rolleyes:

and hey... abandonware is games that the developers gave up on so where does that fall? I can't believe they still want money for ultima1 :blink::blink:

can I get in trouble for offering "back-ups" of "thrill kill" as it was never released and the psx-1 is outdated now... and I mean in trouble by anti piracy rather than yuppie moms who are offended by scantily clad sadistic nurses in fish net's stabbing people with needle's?

You have back-ups of Thrill Kill? Considering the celebration of pointless violence in today's video game/entertainment world Thrill Kill would fit in just perfectly-they should try and release it again...

Edited by myk

I always thought Radiant Silvergun had started out as an arcade machine before it hit the Saturn, which is why I had searched for those ROMS-I should have been more specific. 

Arcade version was the original. People usually think of the Saturn disk, though.

Takes a hell of a machine to emulate the ST-V, though. My Sempron 2800, while not the best computer ever, is still decent.

And I can get 16% of full speed on MAME with max frame skip.

I don't have any plans to use any Saturn-emulated games asides from 'Radiant. 

I'd assumed modded Saturn or disk swap.

Saturn emulation is still pretty bad as far as I know.

Either way, I just want a chance to play it and confirm that I like it before I make the plunge and buy the Saturn game at it's very high price.

I always obtain the retail version of software whether it's games, music, etc.

I do feel improper about using pirated software, which is why the only ROMS I have are for games that I already own, as trying to dig out that Genesis/SEGA CD2/32X contraption out of a closet just to play Corpse Killers is too much for me.

Heh.

My reet warez is all out-of-production stuff, as far as I know.

I don't mind theefing it if it don't hurt nobody. And I do buy remakes/ports when they show up.

pirated software is easy to write... just uce "ctrl"+ "c"

pirated software

pirated software

pirated software

pirated software

pirated software

pirated software

see... :rolleyes:

*chuckles*

and hey... abandonware is games that the developers gave up on so where does that fall? I can't believe they still want money for ultima1 :blink:  :blink:

Moral, but illegal(despite what some abandonware sites claim).

Copyright doesn't care if they're selling it or not.

can I get in trouble for offering "back-ups" of "thrill kill" as it was never released and the psx-1 is outdated now... and I mean in trouble by anti piracy rather than yuppie moms who are offended by scantily clad sadistic nurses in fish net's stabbing people with needle's?

Yes. Unreleased prototypes are still copyrighted.