Best Gaming Platform of All-Time

areaseven

Best Gaming Platform of All-Time  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Best Gaming Platform of All-Time

• Microsoft XBOX
    • Nintendo Entertainment System (Family Computer)
    • Nintendo Super NES (Super Famicom)
    • Nintendo GameCube
    • Sega Dreamcast
    • Sega Genesis (MegaDrive)
    • Sega Saturn
    • SNK Neo-Geo
    • Sony PlayStation/PlayStation 2
    • Other (Please Specify)

Hmmm...I think I'm going to vote SNES. I never owned one but I always played whenever I could at my friend's house. The variety of games and sequels of NES favorites made me a happy camper. Plus, having Street Fighter 2 and Samurai Showdown in the comfort of my friend's home was great. Sure they weren't perfect but they were damn good. The NES/SNES era was my golden age of gaming. I miss 2D graphics.

Either I got too old or too busy but I don't play with my PS or PS2 much but they are great systems too.

Well, either that, or as a gamer and tech nut, I just crave the next new thing.

In other words, you ARE clouded by the graphics!

I've never ever ever considered putting away my SNES and I never will. I'll be 80 years old and still playing old games like Super Metroid when my grand kids will be telling me how lame the graphics are when they are teleported into the TV screen or whatever new technology will allow by then.

Damn you!! I was about to call him a graphics whore! :p

In other words, you ARE clouded by the graphics!

I've never ever ever considered putting away my SNES and I never will. I'll be 80 years old and still playing old games like Super Metroid when my grand kids will be telling me how lame the graphics are when they are teleported into the TV screen or whatever new technology will allow by then.

If only it were that simple. Actually, I was one of the big "gameplay over graphics" people, and I stood up for the SNES for two years after the PlayStation's launch.

What it comes down to is gameplay. I'm not saying there's NO SNES or NES games still worth playing. Actually, I get picked on at work, because I'm the only that still plays the original NES Megaman games. But compare the number of Final Fantasies, Megamans, and Super Metroids to the ridiculous number of simple shooters and beat 'em ups, and you'll see what I'm talking about. And even at that, a lot of the games I played on the NES or SNES that I remember loving back in the day just don't seem to hold up with age. Point in case, when Maximum Carnage came out on the Genesis, I loved that game! Today, I see it's just another beat 'em up, and a pretty mediocre one at that.

Sure, there were those moments of "magic" back on the old systems... the first time I ever played Megaman, playing the original home version of Street Fighter II with my friend (and I'd only play as Ken), staying up until 2:00 playing a demo of VF-X2 to see who could get the better score, the wrestling league my brother, myself, and about six friends created on WWF No Mercy, the time two of my friends stayed at my house for two days while my parents were away so we could do nothing but play Perfect Dark... but you can't honestly tell me there's no magic in todays games! Onimusha captivated me like no other game since Megaman, and my weekend Perfect Dark games have become weekend Halo games. I had as much fun with Soul Calibur II as I ever did with Street Fighter. And while I'll always have a special place in my heart for Final Fantasy IV, I have to admit it was a lot of fun going through Final Fantasy X with the wife.

If only it were that simple.  Actually, I was one of the big "gameplay over graphics" people, and I stood up for the SNES for two years after the PlayStation's launch.

What it comes down to is gameplay.  I'm not saying there's NO SNES or NES games still worth playing.  Actually, I get picked on at work, because I'm the only that still plays the original NES Megaman games.  But compare the number of Final Fantasies, Megamans, and Super Metroids to the ridiculous number of simple shooters and beat 'em ups, and you'll see what I'm talking about.  And even at that, a lot of the games I played on the NES or SNES that I remember loving back in the day just don't seem to hold up with age.  Point in case, when Maximum Carnage came out on the Genesis, I loved that game!  Today, I see it's just another beat 'em up, and a pretty mediocre one at that.

Sure, there were those moments of "magic" back on the old systems... the first time I ever played Megaman, playing the original home version of Street Fighter II with my friend (and I'd only play as Ken), staying up until 2:00 playing a demo of VF-X2 to see who could get the better score, the wrestling league my brother, myself, and about six friends created on WWF No Mercy, the time two of my friends stayed at my house for two days while my parents were away so we could do nothing but play Perfect Dark... but you can't honestly tell me there's no magic in todays games!  Onimusha captivated me like no other game since Megaman, and my weekend Perfect Dark games have become weekend Halo games.  I had as much fun with Soul Calibur II as I ever did with Street Fighter.  And while I'll always have a special place in my heart for Final Fantasy IV, I have to admit it was a lot of fun going through Final Fantasy X with the wife.

You said:

What I am saying is that while those games were great in their time, they're just not that fun anymore.

I never contested games today have no magic anymore. All I am saying is most of the games you just dismiss as not being fun anymore are still fun. Maybe Abombz was close when she said new knowledge has ruined it for you. God knows, I work with new graphics every day as an animation coordinator using Maya Unlimited.

Yet, somehow despite that I'm able to enjoy an old game like Ninja Gaiden just as I'm able to enjoy Tenchu 3. Yes, Ninja Gaiden is a far cry from Tenchu and can be looked down as VERY inferior but the fact it's now inferior still doesn't take away the enjoyment of just playing for me. I'm not talking about how in retrospect how a game was in technical power, speed, visuals, and it's processing engine. Just simply the amount of fun, originality and great gameplay they had which I have many fond memories of. I'm not doubting if you ever once enjoyed the games of old but it sounds more to me that much of your interest of those games had to do with the THEN new graphics. You also said this:

So I still can't understand how you can claim it's not the graphics that interest you when it seems they are a big part that made a game special for you when you FIRST played them.

BTW I never cared for Perfect Dark because there was not much variation from the gameplay from GoldenEye. For me anyways.

Edited by Jemstone

but you can't honestly tell me there's no magic in todays games! Onimusha captivated me like no other game since Megaman, and my weekend Perfect Dark games have become weekend Halo games. I had as much fun with Soul Calibur II as I ever did with Street Fighter. And while I'll always have a special place in my heart for Final Fantasy IV, I have to admit it was a lot of fun going through Final Fantasy X with the wife.

There is magic in today's games...it is just much less than the games of the 16 bit era. Graphics aside, I still have more fond memories of gaming during that time than now.

You said:
What I am saying is that while those games were great in their time, they're just not that fun anymore.

I never contested games today have no magic anymore. All I am saying is most of the games you just dismiss as not being fun anymore are still fun. Maybe Abombz was close when she said new knowledge has ruined it for you. God knows, I work with new graphics every day as an animation coordinator using Maya Unlimited.

Yet, somehow despite that I'm able to enjoy an old game like Ninja Gaiden just as I'm able to enjoy Tenchu 3. Yes, Ninja Gaiden is a far cry from Tenchu and can be looked down as VERY inferior but the fact it's now inferior still doesn't take away the enjoyment of just playing for me. I'm not talking about how in retrospect how a game was in technical power, speed, visuals, and it's processing engine. Just simply the amount of fun, originality and great gameplay they had which I have many fond memories of. I'm not doubting if you ever once enjoyed the games of old but it sounds more to me that much of your interest of those games had to do with the THEN new graphics. You also said this:

So I still can't understand how you can claim it's not the graphics that interest you when it seems they are a big part that made a game special for you when you FIRST played them.

BTW I never cared for Perfect Dark because there was not much variation from the gameplay from GoldenEye. For me anyways.

I'm not saying there are no games from the SNES or NES era that are still fun to this day. As I said, I LOVE the classic NES Megaman games. I'm just saying that the simple majority did not hold up as well with time. And certainly, the NES games that I still going to be different that the ones that other people pick. A lot of people think Megaman is lame now. And for me, while Ninja Gaiden III was one of my favorite NES games, I really can't get into it now.

Because graphics aren't the draw for me. Example: The Bouncer looks gorgeous, but it doesn't mean that it's more fun than the classic Konami beat 'em ups from back in the day, especially the Ninja Turtle games. It's true that I crave the next new thing, but to simply say that each new console brings better graphics totally demeens the evolution of the industry, not to mention that it's not even true. As a matter of fact, a lot of Dreamcast games look way better than a lot of PS2 games. What makes new games on new consoles more and more exciting for me are the innovations in gameplay and storytelling. The PSX and the Dreamcast were great for innovations is gameplay, with games like Jumping Flash, PaRappa, Bushido Blade, home versions of Dance Dance Revolution, Soul Calibur (possibly Soul Blade, although I didn't play it), Sea Man, Samba de Amigo, etc. The newer consoles haven't offered a lot in the way of new gameplay (although I get a big kick out of games like Dynasty Warriors), but they have seen gaming become a medium for storytelling right on the level with Hollywood movies. And not just for RPGs, either. Halo is remembered not just for being a blast to play all night with your friends, but for having a plot instead of just being a frag fest. Enter the Matrix, despite being a so-so game at best, was designed from the get go to tell a story that compliments the movies. Metal Gear Solid 2 surpassed the original in terms of cinematics, even if the story fell through. Heck, even Ace Combat 4 had an overly dramatic, War in the Pocket kind of story. In some cases, it's not so much the story itself, but how the story is told, ala Viewtiful Joe. Even if you didn't like the movie Memento, you had to give it credit for its artistry. Games like Viewtiful Joe are the same.

Are you kidding? The secondary fire modes, plus some imaginative new weapons, made Pefect Dark twice as fun as GoldenEye for multiplayer. GoldenEye was great for running around huge multi-player levels demanding more thought and skill for killing than simple run-and-shoot games like Unreal, but in the end, you were still shooting at each other. Perfect Dark, with weapons like Proximity Mines and the Laptop Gun, took that to another level by allowing more clever traps. The multi-player in PD was actually so good, it took me a long time to get into Halo (I had my Xbox for almost a year before I bought it). As much as I'm looking forward to Halo 2, I can honestly say that I'd rather Perfect Dark Zero came out first.

I'm just saying that the simple majority did not hold up as well with time.

If you are going to base your judgement on a system based on the majority of its games..... you might as well just make the PSX the worst console ever. The system had a 1 good game every 20 bad games.... thats a pretty ugly curve. Not only that... but in a few years every single PSX game is going to look ugly, simply because low res 3D games don't age gracefully.

Many members have posted lists of games that not only hold up well against recent games, but many are being ported to current consoles. If you want a complete list of SNES games that are either comparable to PSX/PS2 games or surpass them.... I will gladly take the time to write a full list.

We are not saying PSX games are not original... we are simply saying that, even being original... doesn't mean they stand the test of time well.

but they have seen gaming become a medium for storytelling right on the level with Hollywood movies

And you consider this to be something good? BTW.... SNES RPGs were already there... without the need for the graphics

Halo is remembered not just for being a blast to play all night with your friends, but for having a plot instead of just being a frag fest.

Halo had a story? You are kidding right? Did your brain fry because of the repeated rooms?

Half Life had a much better story then Halo. Jedi Knights had a much better story then Halo. Those games were either 2 or more years older then Halo, those 2 were the real revolution. Halos story, IMO, doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of Half Life.

And Halo being fun is debatable.

Enter the Matrix, despite being a so-so game at best, was designed from the get go to tell a story that compliments the movies

So you are saying that, this little turd was better then most SNES games?

Metal Gear Solid 2 surpassed the original in terms of cinematics, even if the story fell through.

MGS 2 is a turd because you watched more then you played. Those early GB games had more game play and revolution then MSG2 in its entirety.

Heck, even Ace Combat 4 had an overly dramatic, War in the Pocket kind of story.

AC04 will not be remembered by its story... it will be remembered because it was a fun and extremely well executed game.

For a gamer.... your views are extremely messed up. You are putting originality over execution. It doesn't matter if a game has the most amazing story of all time.... if it doesn't play well... its not a good game. Its all about playing a game, not watching it.

You are making yourself sound like a casual gamers.... who values flash over substance.

Edited by Abombz!!

1- SFC / SNES

2- MEGA DRIVE / GENESIS

3- NES

4- Commodor-64

Those where the days J . I remember when Street Fighter 2 came out for the SNES I had to buy every few days a new SNES pad because it wouldn`t stand our the pressure, these pads were not made for fighting games and D button really gave us a lot of pain but when you look at Nintendo`s consoles in the beginning they were made for fun game like Super Mario Bros. games and the other Nintendo games and other third parts like Konami with it`s wonderful franchises. Still the SNES is my favorite console of all time and I`m happy that the NGC/GBP is continuing this path. As for the Genesis 6-button and The Saturn pad [i had a Saturn but sold it] they are always my No.1 pads, I still have two pairs of them in mint condition.

Now for the PS and PS2 IMO if Sony would not cheat on their consumers for the making low quality of their console then I would have rank it and bought a PSZwei. That`s why they are No.1 because the consumer has to buy more than one for it`s low quality especially the lens and yes I had one [PS] for the RPG`s but I don`t own it any more, even for it I had to many pads [the same reason as the SNES] because the ASCII pads and stick were always out of stock.

My friends they all have PS & PS2 and some times I play it with them but when playing on it doesn`t has the feeling like playing on a SNES or a GENESIS. If Nintendo-64 was a CD based console from the start PS wouldn`t have a chance. It`s all because of the format, it was main reason for Square and other third parts to move to PS.

--------------------------

My friends they all have PS & PS2 and some times I play it with them but when playing on it doesn`t has the feeling like playing on a SNES or a GENESIS. If Nintendo-64 was a CD based console from the start PS wouldn`t have a chance. It`s all because of the format, it was main reason for Square and other third parts to move to PS.

While I'd mostly agree to that, Sony's money and the N64's late debut also played a role in developers jumping ship. I'd even wager some hard feelings left over from Nintendo monopoly days might have played a role, the new guy will always look good by comparison.

Frankly though, looking back on my N64 and PS1 (got the N64 December of '96, the PS1 September of '97) the N64 was played a lot more. Zelda 64, Goldeneye, Turok: Rage Wars, Perfect Dark, Paper Mario... I spent way more time in front of the N64 than I did the PS1, probably had to do with the fact multi-playing was a way of life for my friends and the PS1 couldn't deliver in that respect.

wow! I tie??!!?? 22 for PS and 22 for SNES??

My vote goes for SNES. I've never had so much fun than when i played super metroid, the street fighter IIs, the zeldas and the megamans.

Second place would go to GoldenEye for N64... and then 3rd place for the ATARI 800XL!!!

~Tico

I'm just saying that the simple majority did not hold up as well with time.

If you are going to base your judgement on a system based on the majority of its games..... you might as well just make the PSX the worst console ever. The system had a 1 good game every 20 bad games.... thats a pretty ugly curve. Not only that... but in a few years every single PSX game is going to look ugly, simply because low res 3D games don't age gracefully.

Many members have posted lists of games that not only hold up well against recent games, but many are being ported to current consoles. If you want a complete list of SNES games that are either comparable to PSX/PS2 games or surpass them.... I will gladly take the time to write a full list.

We are not saying PSX games are not original... we are simply saying that, even being original... doesn't mean they stand the test of time well.

but they have seen gaming become a medium for storytelling right on the level with Hollywood movies

And you consider this to be something good? BTW.... SNES RPGs were already there... without the need for the graphics

Halo is remembered not just for being a blast to play all night with your friends, but for having a plot instead of just being a frag fest.

Halo had a story? You are kidding right? Did your brain fry because of the repeated rooms?

Half Life had a much better story then Halo. Jedi Knights had a much better story then Halo. Those games were either 2 or more years older then Halo, those 2 were the real revolution. Halos story, IMO, doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of Half Life.

And Halo being fun is debatable.

Enter the Matrix, despite being a so-so game at best, was designed from the get go to tell a story that compliments the movies

So you are saying that, this little turd was better then most SNES games?

Metal Gear Solid 2 surpassed the original in terms of cinematics, even if the story fell through.

MGS 2 is a turd because you watched more then you played. Those early GB games had more game play and revolution then MSG2 in its entirety.

Heck, even Ace Combat 4 had an overly dramatic, War in the Pocket kind of story.

AC04 will not be remembered by its story... it will be remembered because it was a fun and extremely well executed game.

For a gamer.... your views are extremely messed up. You are putting originality over execution. It doesn't matter if a game has the most amazing story of all time.... if it doesn't play well... its not a good game. Its all about playing a game, not watching it.

You are making yourself sound like a casual gamers.... who values flash over substance.

I look like a casual gamer? How about you guys who went NES or SNES look like the "games are for kids, I played mine back in the day, but now I'm an adult and I don't do that anymore" crowd!

Now of course I don't believe that's true of all of you, and you should give me more credit, too. If there wasn't something to what I'm saying, then the PS2 wouldn't be dead tied with the SNES. Sadly, it seems that I'm the only one who's not afraid to stand up and defend my choice, while the rest of the PS2/Xbox/Gamecube crowd is afraid that the NES/SNES crew will beat them up and steal their lunch money.

Never once did I argue against the fact that there's a ton of crap on the current consoles. And I never argued against the fact that, down the road, most of the games on the current consoles won't hold up. What I am arguing is that most of the games on the NES and SNES didn't hold up, either. And what I did say is that I pick the current consoles because they are current, knowing full well that 10 years from now, I'll be picking whatever is current then.

As a gamer, I respect the systems of the past, but embrace what's current, and will continue to embrace what's new in the future. How is that messed up? That's how the industry was able to evolve! Do I see that evolution as a good thing? Damn right I do! If playing everything and looking forward to the next new thing instead of stagnating on an almost 15 year old console is casual, I'm proud to be casual. And yes, I do value originality... originality is what made the games you guys keep bring up from the NES and SNES eras memorable. You've named maybe 20 SNES games, not all of which I think stood up well with time, from a library of over 500 games, many of which were so-so shooters or lackluster beat 'em ups. Do I think Enter the Matrix, bad as it was, was better than Super Mario World? Hell no. Do I think it was better than the majority of the SNES library? Most definately yes. And while EtM definately needed a lot of improvement, it was still an ambitious project and I'd still like to see another developer try something like that again, hopefully to better results. Do I value originality over execution? I don't think so. I think games like PaRappa, Samba de Amigo, and Viewtiful Joe have been executed quite well, thank you.

Edited by mikeszekely

Sega Genesis!

I must have played Tommy Lasorda Baseball in Season mode everyday for 2 years. I think I pitched a couple of no-hitters one year :lol:

The SNES was great for games life Starfox, Street Fighter, SuperMario, and Mortal Combat. But when it comes to sport games? Go with the GENESIS.

I grew up in the Atari 2600 era too.

Genesis easy! EA Sports games first got big there. RPGs were some hit, some miss. I missed the new Zelda and Metroid games, but liked everything about the Genesis better from the controllers on up to the selection. Sega CD just insured the deal... WE won't talk about the 32X. :)

I'm not saying there are no games from the SNES or NES era that are still fun to this day. As I said, I LOVE the classic NES Megaman games. I'm just saying that the simple majority did not hold up as well with time. And certainly, the NES games that I still going to be different that the ones that other people pick. A lot of people think Megaman is lame now. And for me, while Ninja Gaiden III was one of my favorite NES games, I really can't get into it now.

Now I see what you mean. It really is just a matter of opinion and preferance. I had load of fun with ym NES games but it's not my pick for best console because overall I had more fun with another console. Still, unlike you if I played NInja Gaiden 3 now I would be able to get back into it. There are games I find no matter how aged they still manage to immerse the player in it's world and it's gameplay. I still find that in many of the SNES games. I don't find that in many of the PSX games and very few PS2 games these days really "grab me by the balls" as they would say (tho I don't have any balls) :p .

Because graphics aren't the draw for me.  Example: The Bouncer looks gorgeous, but it doesn't mean that it's more fun than the classic Konami beat 'em ups from back in the day, especially the Ninja Turtle games.  It's true that I crave the next new thing, but to simply say that each new console brings better graphics totally demeens the evolution of the industry, not to mention that it's not even true.  As a matter of fact, a lot of Dreamcast games look way better than a lot of PS2 games.  What makes new games on new consoles more and more exciting for me are the innovations in gameplay and storytelling.  The PSX and the Dreamcast were great for innovations is gameplay, with games like Jumping Flash, PaRappa, Bushido Blade, home versions of Dance Dance Revolution, Soul Calibur (possibly Soul Blade, although I didn't play it), Sea Man, Samba de Amigo, etc.  The newer consoles haven't offered a lot in the way of new gameplay (although I get a big kick out of games like Dynasty Warriors), but they have seen gaming become a medium for storytelling right on the level with Hollywood movies.  And not just for RPGs, either.  Halo is remembered not just for being a blast to play all night with your friends, but for having a plot instead of just being a frag fest.  Enter the Matrix, despite being a so-so game at best, was designed from the get go to tell a story that compliments the movies.  Metal Gear Solid 2 surpassed the original in terms of cinematics, even if the story fell through.  Heck, even Ace Combat 4 had an overly dramatic, War in the Pocket kind of story.  In some cases, it's not so much the story itself, but how the story is told, ala Viewtiful Joe.  Even if you didn't like the movie Memento, you had to give it credit for its artistry.  Games like Viewtiful Joe are the same.

I guess a person could say I have a stange love affair with the game Xenogears. I was very involved with it's story when I played it and still am whenever I replay it. Back when it was released I thought the game looked only decent compared to other new PSX titles in 1998 (including Metal Gear Solid). Looking back at it now and comparing it some more the game looks like utter crap to me graphics wise (the townspeople look awful). Yet, when I play it I forget how abd it looks and am once again lost in the story and Fei's fate. In restrospect not many other PSX games had my attention like this game had. It didn't even revolotionize anything. I just throroughly enjoyed and had fun playing it.

I think that's difference between us. When I play many of the old games (particularly on the SNES) I forget about everything else that's currently going on. I think for a game to be able to do that is quite an accomplishment. I still get that with some PSX, Saturn, N64, GC and PS2 titles but not as much as I did with the SNES (IMO). I'm not challenging the originality or progress games have made either (try not to confuse my points with the points of others). So no need to tell me about all the innovations games have made so far. I'm well aware as I live and breathe animation and interactivity with it. It's been the focal point of my existence for as long as I can remember. I also hope not too many agmes are more like movies than games. My problem with MGS2: SOL was that there were too many cinematic cuts and very little game time. A movie you sit down and watch. A game you take part in and live it. In the end the only thing I will remember about a game was it's gameplay or how much I enjoyed it. What made it fun.

From my experience many games today are not "timeless" like many games I played in the SNES/Genesis era. Something you clearly disagree with. So I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

I really do like Halo. It almost made me like FPS games. Almost.

Are you kidding? The secondary fire modes, plus some imaginative new weapons, made Pefect Dark twice as fun as GoldenEye for multiplayer. GoldenEye was great for running around huge multi-player levels demanding more thought and skill for killing than simple run-and-shoot games like Unreal, but in the end, you were still shooting at each other. Perfect Dark, with weapons like Proximity Mines and the Laptop Gun, took that to another level by allowing more clever traps. The multi-player in PD was actually so good, it took me a long time to get into Halo (I had my Xbox for almost a year before I bought it). As much as I'm looking forward to Halo 2, I can honestly say that I'd rather Perfect Dark Zero came out first.

Well, I didn't play much multiplayer with Perfect Dark. My gaming friends (whom the majority turned out to be chauvanistic males that didn't like being consistently beaten by a girl) had developed the habit of joining forces/ganging up on me and killing me and/or doing whatever possible to put me in last place. Although one time I had an incredible comeback and managed to finish 1st over the 2nd place player with 5 more kills, I had basically stopped playing multiplayer with them. So I played PD mostly on 1 player mode or with my sisters which bored me. I have always found FPS to be too easy since I first played one online in 95 and why I do not like them.

Anyways, I'll give it another whirl with your recommendation. My new co-workers make better gaming buddies than my friends back in Boston. Then again who's to say in a couple years they won't stop ganing up on me too. <_<

Edited by Jemstone

My first platform was the Nintendo 64. (which I still have) took me months to convince my parents to get me one! I used in form 1998-2001. I know have a

Ps2 :D

Ugh the N64 was your first console? Ugh I'm old (almost 30) and ya open wheel racing sucks :D

post-26-1065109144.jpg

My first platform was the Nintendo 64. (which I still have) took me months to convince my parents to get me one! I used in form 1998-2001. I know have a

Ps2 :D

Whoa... FF, I didn't even see ya there. Welcome to MW. For starters, remove that pic from your sig for now.

Ugh the N64 was your first console? Ugh I'm old (almost 30) and ya open wheel racing sucks 

Actually back in the late 80's I had begged for systems but my parents wouldn't let me have one "video games destroy minds" the said. Or something along those lines.

As for open wheel racing sucking. By most of the motor racing world Formula 1 is considered the highest level of motorsports, due to the amount of money (some teams spend $300 million a year), technology and driving skill required. Taking the eu rouge turn at 195 mph ain't easy. As much as I like Nascar, an F1 car would lap daytona at over 250mph reaching a top speed of

over 300mph on the back stretch. Though I doubt many drivers could stand the G forces involved for very long. Not to mention the cars wouldn't last 500 miles.

Whoa... FF, I didn't even see ya there. Welcome to MW. For starters, remove that pic from your sig for now.

Thanks Jem :D I kept forgetting to register here. As for taking the picture out of my signature. I think I'll do that.

Sorry didn't mean to get off topic. Was just answering a challenge. I kept it short for you all :p

Edited by FerrariF311

anyone else play Warsong for Genesis? that was one badass game, anyone know if there were more in Japan?

Warsong was Langrisser in Japan. There were a lot of games.

ah, cool, I wished they had bring the others to the states. One of the best RPG's ever!

Ugh the N64 was your first console? Ugh I'm old (almost 30) and ya open wheel racing sucks :D

Yeah. Dale Jr. rules, especially on Talladega.

Speaking of NASCAR, I should be posting some new anime stock car designs by next week. Stay tuned at the Fan Works section for the 2004 edition MW car.

As for open wheel racing sucking. By most of the motor racing world Formula 1 is considered the highest level of motorsports, due to the amount of money (some teams spend $300 million a year), technology and driving skill required. Taking the eu rouge turn at 195 mph ain't easy. As much as I like Nascar, an F1 car would lap daytona at over 250mph reaching a top speed of

over 300mph on the back stretch. Though I doubt many drivers could stand the G forces involved for very long. Not to mention the cars wouldn't last 500 miles.

Meanwhile the real boys race WRC. ;) Tests the driver a lot harder than F1 or Nascar, IMHO. And you can actually own the kind of cars they race in, unlike "stock" cars. :lol:

Back on topic, I think in some ways it's hard to classify the "best" console. Because you have consoles with really innovative games (NES, N64), consoles with just a bunch of great games (PS1) and consoles with a few but really amazing games (DC).

Your right Lightman. I like all types of racing. I myself have rallied a few times.

Dale Jr. does rule talladega.

By the way when I'm not wearing my air force hat, I'm wearing my Earnhardt hat. I stopped following Nascar alot after he died. That was the last time I watched an entire winston cup race.

F1, WRC, and Nascar all have certain qualities that are better then the other.

Back to the topic.

Actually the First "console" I had was the Phillips CDI. Back in 1992 I think it was. We had to have "educational games". That however didn't last to long.

My first game for 64 Was "Turok Dinosaur Hunter" (course I have all the Turok games now)

Edited by FerrariF311

Actually the First "console" I had was the Phillips CDI. Back in 1992 I think it was. We had to have "educational games". That however didn't last to long.

My first game for 64 Was "Turok Dinosaur Hunter" (course I have all the Turok games now)

Edutainment? Huh! I'm so sorry for you!! I bet those days must have been terribly traumatic!! :(

LOL... and why to start your video game life.... with Turok "big guns, tons of gore" The Dinosaur Hunter". I always had a soft spot for his nuke gun. :lol:

Had to be PS2 for me... simply having back-compatibility was a huge factor for me....

NeoGeo runs a close second, but I've only got Samurai Spirits games for that one.

Third is XBox, only place I can get DoA games, JSRF and KOTOR....