Orginial Mina the Moon Rabbit Girl video from 1983

ogami

Its interesting that common interests of this board, ie: Macross, Anno, Tomino, Gainax, Gunbuster, Itano, Sadamoto, Evangelion, Honneamise all have a common relation.

Daicon....where it all started. Makes you all warm and fuzzy over. :lol:

Edited by wolfx

Pat is right, ELO is generally considered prog rock/pop rock. They had a few disco tinged songs, but I would never stick 'em in with groups like The Bee Gees or KC and the Sunshine Band.

TIME is awesome, btw. It's ELO's big time travel sci-fi concept album and really stands out from their other records.

Here's the Wikipedia entry for ELO--->CLICKY

And here's Amazon's spot for TIME--->CLICKY

Noriko Takaya is Macross World's biggest Gunbuster fan....I consider myself to be Macross World's biggest ELO fan.  :p

339865[/snapback]

"Out of the Blue" is my favorite album. Excepting "The Whale," there's not a bad track on it. I do find the earlier comment about sounding like George Harrison to be kind of amusing considering how much Jeff Lynne was influenced by the Beatles.

Also, if anyone gets a chance, they should check out some of the other Daicon shorts, like The Return of Ultraman.

Edited by JELEINEN

• 3 weeks later...

I managed find a copy of the DAICON Film Reissue DVD which is being sold on Gainax's site. The copy I found was a used DVD being auctioned off on Yahoo Japan. The seller stated that the animations to DAICON III and IV were on there as well as the Ultraman and monster stuff, so we'll see if it is when I get it. It should be here tomorrow or Saturday. If it does contain the opening animations to the conventions, and if they are better in quality than what is floating around, I'll let you guys know. If not, then I spent $30.00 for nothing.

Well after looking around, i have found a site that has the 70 Meg avi version that several members state they have. Its on a bittorrent site with several other anime and the nightmare inducing american concept of a live action sailormoon, so if you haven't and want to see what the fuss is, its there. So for the site you need Bittorrent or a similiar program.

DaiCon download

Hopefully the link works, this board has given me problems, so I'll add it here just to make sure

http://torrents.hikarinokiseki.com.rut.org:6969/

There is a mini DaiCon clip near the top, the full 70 meg version is the second from the bottom and the SailorMoon frightfest is below it. Enjoy

Cruel Angel's Thesis

• 4 months later...
Does anyone still have this lying around. I read above about a 70meg copy someone had. Would like to get my hands on it. I was DL'ing a large torrent file, but all the seeds went bye bye and now I'm screwed about 1/3 of the way through.

383853[/snapback]

I managed to download it but it was no better in quality than the original version. I know of someone on the web from another board who has it on laserdisc, but he will not transfer it to his computer to make it available as a download. And that sucks, as the laserdisc version is quite clear.

Does anyone still have this lying around. I read above about a 70meg copy someone had. Would like to get my hands on it. I was DL'ing a large torrent file, but all the seeds went bye bye and now I'm screwed about 1/3 of the way through.

383853[/snapback]

I managed to download it but it was no better in quality than the original version. I know of someone on the web from another board who has it on laserdisc, but he will not transfer it to his computer to make it available as a download. And that sucks, as the laserdisc version is quite clear.

383922[/snapback]

I had a high quality copy of it once upon a time, but can't seem to find it anymore. I'd kill for the LD, but don't have a couple grand to blow on it right now.

There was an LD copy on yahoo japan auctions not too long ago. It was relisted a few times with a Y50,000 starting bid. So it's definitely not worth what it once was...

And last month there was an original VHS copy that sold for Y7,250. I kinda wish I'd bid on that one...

Back in January a 300mb version was posted on DATorrents. It's a laserdisc rip, and it's much better looking than any other version I'd seen. Especially the old RM.

http://www.datorrents.com/download.asp?id=..._%26_IV.torrent

The tracker's still up, but I don't think there are any seeds left. If anyone wants it, let me know and I'll retransfer my copy to my HDD and seed it.

Back in January a 300mb version was posted on DATorrents. It's a laserdisc rip, and it's much better looking than any other version I'd seen. Especially the old RM.

http://www.datorrents.com/download.asp?id=..._%26_IV.torrent

The tracker's still up, but I don't think there are any seeds left. If anyone wants it, let me know and I'll retransfer my copy to my HDD and seed it.

386219[/snapback]

Looks like it's working. Thanks MM!