Anyone with info on FF7 for PS3......?

e_jacob77

Hi all,

I don't have the link with me, but there is a demo, or trailer of this game for the PS3, I think according to the trailer, that it is a remake of the game with the better graphics, I don't know if the story line has changed at all though......Anyone know anything......??

actually the remake demo for the Playstation 3 of Final fantasy 7 was just that, a demo to show off what the system might be capable of, it is not a actual game from what i am understanding. just a full motion video to get peoples attention, (it worked to). by the way your thread title is confusing you ask about FF7 and then say Final fantasy 3.

Edited by zeo-mare

HI all,

Thanx for the insights guys!!  Sorry there was confusion, just a typo...  That's too bad there is no remake, they could profit from it, big time!!......

Thank Granas there ISN'T a remake.

I'm sick and tired of hearing about the damned game. The last thing I need is for it start all over again at square 1(or si that SquareEnxii 1?.

Or even worse, hear all the fanboys start bitching because it's not identical to the original. "OMG TIFA'S BOOBSESES R SMALLAR!1111 SQUARE AM TEH SUX!111 ENIX RUINDED TEH BESTEST GAEM EVAR!11111"

play the pc ver its so called hires compared to the psx ver.

Aside from being glitchy in general and not working on anything past Win98, it's not much better. The resolution is hgiher, sure, but the poly counts are the same, the textures are just as low-res, and all that other stuff.

yeah, I wish SE would've taken a moment to realize how bad it looks to go and use an older FF for their tech demo... I hate FFVII almost as much as Agent One hates M7 (must be something to do with "7"). The world at large has been waiting for more word on the newest FF game (or even better, why not just let the franchise die a peaceful death before it gets COMPLETELY run into the ground?)

... why oh WHY couldn't they stop at 6? They've strayed so far from the formula now that it can be difficult to see why it's called a member of the "final fantasy" genre.

-Jeremy

(Who firmly believes if it isn't pixilated SD characters, it isn't final fantasy.. that may not be the exact term for it, but you know what I mean)

... but Tifa's boobs ARE smaller...  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(

:lol:

332983[/snapback]

Just means they aren't scary anymore.

yeah, I wish SE would've taken a moment to realize how bad it looks to go and use an older FF for their tech demo... I hate FFVII almost as much as Agent One hates M7 (must be something to do with "7"). The world at large has been waiting for more word on the newest FF game (or even better, why not just let the franchise die a peaceful death before it gets COMPLETELY run into the ground?)

Actually, 12 looks set to completely revitalize it. They've finally ditched the stand-in-a-line-and-stab-air paradigm that's been stubbornly held onto since the NES.

... why oh WHY couldn't they stop at 6? They've strayed so far from the formula now that it can be difficult to see why it's called a member of the "final fantasy" genre.

I'd argue that they've finally strayed far enough from the formula to make a game with interesting gameplay beyond dorking with the equipment.

-Jeremy

(Who firmly believes if it isn't pixilated SD characters, it isn't final fantasy.. that may not be the exact term for it, but you know what I mean)

*chuckles*

I actually count 9 as one of my favorites in the series, though. For a hopelessly dated game engine, it was damn fun to tweak.

Well the only thing I can tell that FF4 is coming to the GBA, Dec.12.

333046[/snapback]

To heck with FF4 for the GBA, I want Chrono Trigger for the GBA!

And yes, FF7 isn't the be-all-end-all of RPGs. There are plenty more out there that does it better.

And no, Cloud isn't the greatest protagonist, and nor is Sepiroth the greatest antagonist. Destroying the world isn't new, it's stereotypical.

Or even worse, hear all the fanboys start bitching because it's not identical to the original. "OMG TIFA'S BOOBSESES R SMALLAR!1111 SQUARE AM TEH SUX!111 ENIX RUINDED TEH BESTEST GAEM EVAR!11111"

332978[/snapback]

Yeah, I'd call that inflamatory :rolleyes:

Although there are no plans for a Final Fantasy VII remake, I've read interviews with Tetsuya Nomura where he says that he wouldn't mind making a remake if it was given the green light.

I'm not saying, "OMG SQUARE AM TEH MAKE OF REMAKE FINAL FANTZY SHEVIN BUT T1FA HAZ NOES BOOBSESES!1111" I'm saying it still might happen, but probably not.

333046[/snapback]

If that's real then I'm dissapointed that there doesn't seem to be much of a graphics update. Of course, IV is my favourite game in the franchise, so I'll still be picking it up just to play it again.

333046[/snapback]

If that's real then I'm dissapointed that there doesn't seem to be much of a graphics update. Of course, IV is my favourite game in the franchise, so I'll still be picking it up just to play it again.

333076[/snapback]

its real. its also says that on gamefaqs before the Mega Man Anniversary Collection for next year (took them long enough).

Actually, 12 looks set to completely revitalize it.

Not from what I've seen of it. Looks like SE is going after the female gamers with it. Same as they did with FFX-2. In ALOT of ways it's moving in the direction of Star Ocean. It's definatly lost it's 'old school' feel long ago.

It may revitilize the battle system at the very least. With Tetsuya Nomura and Nobuo Uematsu not in the team for this FF, and most of the developement team being the same people that created Final Fantasy Tactics (and it being set in Ivalice) I'll bet that it will definitely be different in feel from FF7, FF8, and FFX. The battle system already shows a flexibility that has not been apparent in the line up and wait for your turn battle system. I think they are trying to go for a familiar feeling system like what has been utilized for FFXI.

It may revitilize the battle system at the very least.  With Tetsuya Nomura and Nobuo Uematsu not in the team for this FF, and most of the developement team being the same people that created Final Fantasy Tactics (and it being set in Ivalice) I'll bet that it will definitely be different in feel from FF7, FF8, and FFX.

333111[/snapback]

Not just Final Fantasy Tactics, but VARANT STORY as well. A friend of mine played the hell out of demo at TGS or E3 a year ago and said it's fantastic.

I lost interest in FF after FF-X.  I really liked FF-IX a lot and it was the last old school FF.  What I don`t understand where`s FF-III, didn`t they it was for NDS or Sony doesn`t want Nintendo to have it.  More GBA FF-IV .

333117[/snapback]

Yah. 3's allegedly coming for the DS.

With luck, it'll go through this time. It was being done for the WonderSwan Color, but got axed.

With further luck, it'll get a US release. To date, 3's the only one without a legal US release.

Starting to look like it's cursed, though...

Sony's opinion doesn't matter. Squeenix doesn't have any exclusivity contracts, Sony doesn't own a controlling share, nothing like that. Squeenix just makes most of their games for Sony's hardware.

It may revitilize the battle system at the very least.  With Tetsuya Nomura and Nobuo Uematsu not in the team for this FF, and most of the developement team being the same people that created Final Fantasy Tactics (and it being set in Ivalice) I'll bet that it will definitely be different in feel from FF7, FF8, and FFX.

333111[/snapback]

Not just Final Fantasy Tactics, but VARANT STORY as well. A friend of mine played the hell out of demo at TGS or E3 a year ago and said it's fantastic.

333124[/snapback]

Yah. From what I've heard, the game engine draws a lot from Vagrant Story.

They usualy do update the game alittle bit but if you want original with crappy snes music instead of crappy gba music thumbs up for ya bud. Also snes emu on gba and nds for the win too.

Poor onion kids of ff3 they are treated like the bastard children as they are, only thing is missing is nes paying child support to SE.

They usualy do update the game alittle bit but if you want original with crappy snes music instead of crappy gba music thumbs up for ya bud.

SNES music is lightyears ahead of GBA music.

GBA, sadly, is using basically the same sound as the original Gameboy. Not that there's anything wrong with PSGs, but they're kind of dated, particularly the one the GBx uses.

Edited by JB0

333111[/snapback]

333124[/snapback]

:o Oh god, you just made my year in gaming. Both of those games were probably my most favorite Square games of all time, and I don't consider myself a gamer at all. Sadly, I never got to finish Vagrant Story, but oh man have I played FFT out a million times.

They usualy do update the game alittle bit but if you want original with crappy snes music instead of crappy gba music thumbs up for ya bud.

GBA, sadly, is using basically the same sound as the original Gameboy. Not that there's anything wrong with PSGs, but they're kind of dated, particularly the one the GBx uses.

333199[/snapback]

Indeed. This is one reason why I'd rather they released the game for the DS. Some improved visuals would be nice, too.

333199[/snapback]

Indeed. This is one reason why I'd rather they released the game for the DS. Some improved visuals would be nice, too.

333294[/snapback]

It's why I'm glad the DS exists.

Was nice of Nintendo to put out a portable system that WASN'T rapidly assembled while in panic mode.

From magicbox :

- Nintendo of Japan announced a large dose of new Nintendo DS titles at the Nintendo Conference 2005:

Gyakuten Saiban 4 (Capcom, 2006)

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (Square Enix)

Final Fantasy III (Square Enix, 2006)

Mario & Luigi RPG 2 (Nintendo, 12/29/2005)

Rainbow Island DS (Taito, 01/05/2006)

Kahashima Ryuuta Kyouju no Nouo Kitaeru Otona DS Training 2 (Nintendo, 12/29/2005)

Tales DS (Namco)

Tingle RPG (Nintendo)

Magical Vacation (Nintendo)

Ash (MistWalker)

Tenchu DS (From Software)

Kaitou Wario (Nintendo)

Wishroom (Nintendo)

Eigo Zuke DS [English Training] (Nintendo)

Detect Hacker (Nintendo)

Densetsu no Stafi 4 (Nintendo)

Puzzle Up DS (Nintendo)

Bomberman Story (Hudson)

New Gundam (Bandai)

Mario Basket 3 on 3 (Nintendo)

Custom Robo DS (Nintendo)

Yu-Gi-Oh (Konami)

Nobunaga's Ambition DS (Koei)

Ocha Inu no Heya (Koei)

Daikookai Jidai DS (Koei)

Stylebook Series (Bandai)

Dracula Castlevania (Konami)

Dangerious Jisan (Konami)

Vs. Puzzle Papi Inu Vector Wan (Konami)

Crossword Puzzle (Nintendo)

Jigsaw Puzzle (Nintendo)

Sudokou (Nintendo)

G A M E B O Y A D V A N C E

- Square Enix announced they will release Final Fantasy V and Final Fantasy VI for GameBoy Advance, as a part of the Final Fantasy Portable project.