1/48 VF-1D conversion kit inquiry.

captain america

Okie, so the head mount/swivel piece must be swapped to let the head carry on through per config change so that it's smooth? We will have to drill a separate hole for a 1S head with the swivel you designed so a 1S is possible Cap? Can't use the existing 1S head and swivel? I'm no expert mod'r, i'll need instructions lol.  :lol:  What i was hoping for was the option to change an swap heads, the 1D and a 1S, even EXO's 1A mod if that ever happens.  :)
So the conversion he spoke of (-1D with a -1S head) can't be done? That was the whole reason I wanted the -1D kit.
Mechanically, the body of the 1S/J/A are identical; any of which can be converted to the 1D. The conversions cannot be done partially however. ALL the conversion components must be used, or the transformation sequence will not function/fit correctly.

337002[/snapback]

So does the normal figures fit in the 2nd cockpit? I didnt see an answer on that.

So does the normal figures fit in the 2nd cockpit? I didnt see an answer on that.
The rear seat size is nearly identical to that of the front, with some slight modification to the bottom, as there's still a screw collar in the footwell( a vestige from the 1J). A pilot figure should fit without too many problems. If anything, the backseater's feet may need to be trimmed a tad.

Can we see a pic please Cap! :D

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

The rear seat size is nearly identical to that of the front, with some slight modification to the bottom, as there's still a screw collar in the footwell( a vestige from the 1J). A pilot figure should fit without too many problems. If anything, the backseater's feet may need to be trimmed a tad.

Can we see a pic please Cap! :D

337423[/snapback]

Unfortunately, I don't have a pilot figure to put into the rear bucket. However, the fact that the seat is the same size and is almost the same identical distance from the dash panel means that a figure should fit; there wouldn't be much sense in having a backseat otherwise :p

Progress report: 16 castings done so far, and I'm re-tooling the canopy mold. First salvo should be shipping thursday or friday. I'll post the names of all the MWers whose shipments go out, so everyone can keep track of their stuff.

Actually, yes!

I can happily say that the kits for the following MWers have shipped. Please note: I'm only listing the names of those to whose address I shipped. If you have a combined order with a particular MWer, and his name is on the list, rest assured that your oder is combined with theirs.

-Majestic

-Fulcy

-Deimos

-Pat S

-ruskiiVFaussie

-haterist

-knight26

-Fearyaks

-1 VF-1 2NV

-Gatillero

-Vermillion One

-Mechamaniac

-Prometheum 5

-die alien scum

-Major Tom

-4evernewbie

Shipping next Friday/Monday:

-Sephiroth

-Datterboy

-Roy's blues

-Zeta Otaku

-The French One

-Chowyunskinny

-wickedpr1nce

-UNspacy

-Xstoys

And you know WE care for your awesome effort in bringing us this baby. HUZZAH for the Captain!

UPDATE

I'm re-tooling my molds as part of my usual quality-control process.

The bad news: this'll take a couple days

The good news: new molds means fresh, consistent, high-quality castings for you. :)

Sorry for the delay (again.) I only do it cos I care.

339729[/snapback]

UPDATE

I'm re-tooling my molds as part of my usual quality-control process.

The bad news: this'll take a couple days

The good news: new molds means fresh, consistent, high-quality castings for you. :)

Sorry for the delay (again.) I only do it cos I care.

339729[/snapback]

Thanks for the hard work. Hope i will not ruin this kit during custom job :blink:

hey cap'n

i got my conversion kit yesterday(talk about fast shipping!) but i was wondering if there was way to make a set of instructions? most of the pieces needed to be cleaned but i was sure exactly how much resin i needed to sand off of each piece?

basically i need to know what each piece should look like when its ready. i.e. the chest plate, theres those little tabs that lock the chest plate down in battroid mode, how much am i supposed to shave off?

i also need to know where each piece is supposed to go? actually every piece is simple but i just one and i have no idea where its supposed to go?

i know this is simple for some of you guys but this is my first time working with resin pieces outside of rohbys hands and head so any tip or info would be appreciated.

thanks in advance! :)

Thanks Ruskii. :)

Not to worry Haterist; I wouldn't expect anyone to "guess" how everything goes together, so I'm going to do a (hopefully) thorough series of step-by-step instructions for the 1D set, with good, clear photos of the parts & how they go together... Much like I produced for all my other kits.

340039[/snapback]

hey cap'n,

no rush man, no need to anger the natives by slowing down their orders. :p

actually once i cleaned the parts and began to disassemble the valk, everything started making sense. i'm almost finished, i just need to paint everything before i start glueing things together. :)

on topic but not directed to the cap'n....

i was having a real problem with trying to get 2 pilot figures to fit. the plastic ones fit fine in the front, but it won't fit in the back without chopping off its feet. the gummy pilots fit since their feet bend, so thats not a problem.

but even then, i still had to make some "special modifications" in order for the back one to fit. i'll post some pics to give you guys a better idea what i'm talking about.

another thing, the backpack clip attachment doesn't work in fighter mode. meaning, the FP's just sort of sit there in fighter mode, it doesn't lock down. its not that big of a deal since i don't really play with my toys but it still need to be pointed out.

also, the flap piece thats attached to the BP8 doesn't have the little tabs on each side so it just flip flops around. i don't think the cap'n could of done anything cause it wouldv've probably worn off within a couple of transformations...its resin afterall.

post-206-1130426973_thumb.jpg

post-206-1130426997_thumb.jpg

Edited by haterist

anyone have some future floor polish?

i wanna hook up the canopy but i don't feel like buying an entire container of it to use it once. if someones willing to give my canopy a dip, i'd greatly appreciate...obviously i'd pay for shipping back and forth so let me know. :)

It would be probably cheaper to just buy the future polish.

anyone have some future floor polish? 

i wanna hook up the canopy but i don't feel like buying an entire container of it to use it once.  if someones willing to give my canopy a dip, i'd greatly appreciate...obviously i'd pay for shipping back and forth so let me know.  :)

340184[/snapback]

So the Canopy comes off, not open like the normal 1/48s?

340221[/snapback]

actually it opens and closes just like the 1/48's. looking at a standard 1/48, if you look at the hinge part of the canopy(back of the fuselage), you'll notice the curved plastic piece that holds the canopy in place(its glued down). cap'n didn't glue the two pieces since you have to do some sanding and modding in order for it to open and close, that and the rear seat needs to be glued as well as the HUD in the back, plus you have to paint the interior.

outside of all the sanding and tweaking, i'm actually kind of glad he didn't offer it as one piece since it would've been a pain in the butt to get in there to do anything.

the hinge on the canopy does need to be sanded quite a bit for it to open and close freely. you'll have to make the hinge thinner(thickness-wise) as well as sand the back of the headrest of the rear seat(its slightly in the way) in order for it to move freely. if you got the kit in front of you, its much easier to understand what i'm talking about.

either way, just make sure you don't glue anything down until you're 101% sure everything is going to fit perfectly and move perfectly, if anything, just use tape or funtac at first to hold things together.

hope that helps.

So the Canopy comes off, not open like the normal 1/48s?

340221[/snapback]

actually it opens and closes just like the 1/48's. looking at a standard 1/48, if you look at the hinge part of the canopy(back of the fuselage), you'll notice the curved plastic piece that holds the canopy in place(its glued down). cap'n didn't glue the two pieces since you have to do some sanding and modding in order for it to open and close, that and the rear seat needs to be glued as well as the HUD in the back, plus you have to paint the interior.

outside of all the sanding and tweaking, i'm actually kind of glad he didn't offer it as one piece since it would've been a pain in the butt to get in there to do anything.

the hinge on the canopy does need to be sanded quite a bit for it to open and close freely. you'll have to make the hinge thinner(thickness-wise) as well as sand the back of the headrest of the rear seat(its slightly in the way) in order for it to move freely. if you got the kit in front of you, its much easier to understand what i'm talking about.

either way, just make sure you don't glue anything down until you're 101% sure everything is going to fit perfectly and move perfectly, if anything, just use tape or funtac at first to hold things together.

hope that helps.

340232[/snapback]

Thanks for the info. Did you get the heat shield? As well. From what I am hearing, this job will take more time than I have since I worked 56 hours last week and 44 this week so far... Is the resin sturdy?