Wonder Festival This Weekend!

Valk009

Just got a chance yesterday to flip through the Wonder Festival catalogue yesterday! My Japanese is non existing but did manage to notice that S.H.E. will be re-releasing the variable YF-19 with Fast Packs...

...Liquid Stone will also be selling their version of the variable YF-19 at a whopping Yen30,000 :blink:

Does anyone else know what Macross items will be on offer?

Is the catalouage out of date or is it for this year's Wonder Festival if thier is one?

And what does S.H.E stand for on a compnaies name?I'd die to get those YFs anyways are they for sale by any chance :D ?

Edited by Logan

Is the catalouage out of date or is it for this year's Wonder Festival if thier is one?

And what does S.H.E stand for on a compnaies name?I'd die to get those YFs anyways are they for sale by any chance  :D ?

321456[/snapback]

Studio Half Eye

It's still in business? I tought it was dead, what a surprise.

I wonder if they improved their respective yf-19

Oh these DAMM. I had a chance of getting one for a B-day present when I was 10 stupid me why did I reject why...My older brother had the YF-21 :( and I took a lousy cheesy looking $10 Robotech toy I slaped myself right now <_<

Edited by Logan

S.H.E.  and Liquid Stone are the same company basically.  Same two guys..just 2 different names.  Usually Liquid Stone does the Girl Figures and Stuff along that line.  SHE does more of the Mecha.

Rob

321465[/snapback]

I think you are mixing up IHP and SHE. IHP is Liquid Stone and vise versa. SHE is another completely different group.

That is unless something big has happened over there that I'm not aware of.

Carl

S.H.E.  and Liquid Stone are the same company basically.  Same two guys..just 2 different names.  Usually Liquid Stone does the Girl Figures and Stuff along that line.  SHE does more of the Mecha.

Rob

321465[/snapback]

I think you are mixing up IHP and SHE. IHP is Liquid Stone and vise versa. SHE is another completely different group.

That is unless something big has happened over there that I'm not aware of.

Carl

321524[/snapback]

Arggghhh you are right. That will teach me to answer a question when I am too sleepy.... Thanks for the catch.

Rob

Wait, is this the Japan Wonder festival, or that American deal? If it's Japan, is Blackaces going to be there for another great report???

Noel is already in Japan, so we will be bound to get another great report :rolleyes: Now the only question is, will he be attending Wonder Festival or the other big hobby convention (a joint venture of JAF Con and something else). Those Japanese had to put the two greatest hobby conventions on the same day :angry:

Just got a chance yesterday to flip through the Wonder Festival catalogue yesterday! My Japanese is non existing but did manage to notice that S.H.E. will be re-releasing the variable YF-19 with Fast Packs...

321452[/snapback]

Is there by chance a picture in that catalogue of that kit?

I wouldn't quite call it a re-release if that's the case. Here is every SHE Macross kit that I'm aware of:

SHE_small.jpg

SHE never released is YF-19 with Fast Pack kit that I'm aware of. There is the YF-19 kit and there is the YF-19/21 Fast Pack kit. I'll have to see if I can find out a little bit more about this.

Carl

Edited by wwwmwww

To get a catalog, just get on the mailing list. Or apply for a dealers table.

Your sure to miss something because so much sells out so fast.

That is why if you go, you should hook up with someone who has a table and try to get a dealer's pass. I had a table but my space will be empty as I could not go to this event.

You look at the catalog and map out a game path. Mark what you want the most and it's location. Then run like hell to get it.

At the event they won't offically open up the event until all dealers are at thier tables. Then they start the event and everyone runs like crazy. That's about it. But I am sure someone will contest what I have to say about it. That seems to be the theme on MW these days....

Rob

To get a catalog, just get on the mailing list.  Or apply for a dealers table.

321678[/snapback]

Not being able to read Japanese can you walk me though the steps of adding my name to the mailing list? Would they actually be willing to mail it to a US address?

Carl

If I haven't thrown it away I will scan it and put it online.

Rob

321684[/snapback]

That would be GREAT. Thank you. Personally I wouldn't throw it away. Someone like myself would probably be willing to offer you atleast $5 for it. ;)

If you still have it. Is there any mention of D'Stance being at this event? Noel had a friend of his email them on my behalf to ask if they'd be there but to my knowledge he never got a reply. :(

Thanks,

Carl

Edited by wwwmwww

I just checked and I have thrown it away.  I get catalogs from all the events and i just pile them together.  My partner usually goes to them, but we never keep them.  Sorry, I thought I still had it.

Rob

321712[/snapback]

No problem. I appreciate you taking the time to look.

Carl

wf_mac7.jpg

321978[/snapback]

Is this the VF-19 with fast packs that people are crediting to SHE? If so... I'm 99.9% sure that's NOT an SHE kit. If it is it's certainly NOT a recast of the VF-19 kit he already has out there. I think this a from the same group that offered the highly stylized VF-19 without fast packs at the last event or two who's name now escapes me.

Off to see if I can track down their name...

Carl

Hmmm...guess my Japanese is after all non existenz :(

So, it is this other company who is releaseing the FY-19 with Fast Packs all in one go, not to mention it is a battroid mode and not fighter mode.

Any idea if one of our members here got lucky this time round with the Liquid Stone kit?

Yes, thats correct Carl.

and that is the same YF-19 I mentioned packaged in a simple clear plastic bag

and yes, the same group , only this Summer they added the fast packs and are basically selling the same kit, 1000 Yen more.

and No, there is nothing Macross from SHE.

SHE was offering their usual getters

Noel

322126[/snapback]

Thanks for clearing that all up Noel. Great work as always.

Carl

The one in gray looks better than the painted one.  Couldn't they find anyone to do a decent build on their very expensive kit?

322291[/snapback]

I like that gray one better too. Personally I'm not that into kits that are this highly stylized. That painted one makes me think it's about to start break dancing and is winding up for a spin on its head from which it will pop up and say "You've been served." That's just not the feeling I'm after from a YF-19. Switch Blade also made a fairly stylized YF-19 too that I passed on.

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/models/wf/sbyf19.htm

I now wish I hadn't as it was a variable kit and that makes up for the stylized aspect to me. But to each their own and I'm certainly not intending to knock Kantogakuindaigaku-Mokeidourakuka kits. That gray one conveys a very nice dramatic pose.

Carl

Edited by wwwmwww

The one in gray looks better than the painted one.  Couldn't they find anyone to do a decent build on their very expensive kit?

322291[/snapback]

I like that gray one better too. Personally I'm not that into kits that are this highly stylized. That painted one makes me think it's about to start break dancing and is winding up for a spin on its head from which it will pop up and say "You've been served." That's just not the feeling I'm after from a YF-19. Switch Blade also made a fairly stylized YF-19 too that I passed on.

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/models/wf/sbyf19.htm

I now wish I hadn't as it was a variable kit and that makes up for the stylized aspect to me. But to each their own and I'm certainly not intending to knock Kantogakuindaigaku-Mokeidourakuka kits. That gray one conveys a very nice dramatic pose.

Carl

322306[/snapback]

Exactly the same reasons I passed as well. The reason I like Macross is it's believability which the stylized versions don't convey.