Rare 1/72 Event Only Macross Robotech Glaug Resin

Mechleader

Haha...well, those kits are technically not mine, just selling them on behalf of myu friend. He has over 3,000 kits (original and recast) of all types dating back to the late '80s...he is just trimming it down a little :rolleyes:

As far as I know or what my friend told me, the Glaug and Regult are very limited and only appeared in the first or second JAF CON event. He still has a few surprises...such as a fully variable 1/12 Cyclone bike resin kit form the Mospeada series...a 1/4 Macross pilot helmet...a 1/72 Zentradi soldier resin kit...and more!

Most likely if they are casts from the models... then they just removed the BW sticker from a model kit and placed them on the bags.

Rob

319522[/snapback]

But the auction says these originally sold at a Japan JAF CON animation convention. If that's the case and I think it is... you can't even set up a booth at the con unless you've paid the licensing fees for your kits can you?

Samurai_M you've sold kits at CONs in Japan before haven't you? If so you know far more about this topic then I do. Can one really just take BW stickers off other kits and put them on theirs and sell them at these CONs?

Carl

basically in order to get a piece licensed for sale at an event you need to do the following.

First - Make the Kit.

Second - Fill out an application approx. 6 months before the event is supposed to take place. Basically at this point you provide all the information about the kit. What anime it is from and where it appears in the anime. How much you are going to charge. Scale and medium and the instructions you are going to use.

Third - Wait ...wait....wait....

Then they contact you and ask to provide pictures of the completed model as well as the parts. The pictures must show the owning compaines logo and copyright dates. Very important! They then look over the line art and ask you to make any changes if necessary.

After the changes are made then you re-submitt pictures.

Fourth - Wait.....wait...wait...

Last they MAY ask you to send in a sample for hands on review. This varies depending on which event you are trying to get a license for.

They can wait up until a few days before the event to approve an item. It can be very dangerous for the person selling the kit because of the time constraints. That is usually why Event kits are in such low numbers. Before there was actually a cap on how many Macross kits you could release for a single event. That has now been lifted. However they are being VERY picky about what gets released and what does not. Unless you have a history of releasing kits and are well know...it is really difficult to get a new kit released. But on the bright side. Once you get a kit approved for one event. You do not have to jump through as many hoops to re-release kits at later events. Basically all you have to do is submitt the entry form and it will be approved.

I am sure I am forgetting something...but that is it in a nutshell.

As far as taking a sticker off of another kit and putting it on a recast. That is a BIG no-no. If they get caught they could face some serious fines. But they are in HK so actually nothing would happen. Now if they tried to sell it on Yahoo Japan then there would be trouble.

If this is the case with these kits...the person is just being dishonest. Not necessarily the person who listed the auction..but the friend. It should be very easy for them to tell who made the kit originally. Also it is just matter of putting the sticker on and saying it was from JAF-CON, which by the way no longer exists anymore. Wonder festival put Jaf-Con out of business basically.

Oh and another thing. Most Resin Kit makers that I know here in Japan are VERY picky about thier work. Meaning a large kit like this would never be put just in a bag. Especially older kits. Just wouldn't happen. They take pride in thier work and they want it to be safe. Unless they were like me...and wanted to save money. :lol:

Rob

Edited by samurai_m

Thanks for all the info Samurai_M.

If this is the case with these kits...the person is just being dishonest.  Not necessarily the person who listed the auction..but the friend.

I'm not as eager to jump to that conclusion. If Valk009 friend is who I think he is and there aren't many people that can make a claim like this:

He has over 3,000 kits (original and recast) of all types dating back to the late '80s...he is just trimming it down a little  :rolleyes:

317686[/snapback]

I know one indirectly through a member here and I think this may be the same guy. If I recall correctly he was here on the forums once himself but I haven't heard from him directly in a very long time. Anyways if this is who I think it is he's an honest and trust worthy guy. Granted that might be a big if.

It should be very easy for them to tell who made the kit originally.  Also it is just matter of putting the sticker on and saying it was from JAF-CON, which by the way no longer exists anymore.  Wonder festival put Jaf-Con out of business basically.

I'm aware of that. But again if this is who I think he is he's been collecting kits for 20+ years. Valk009 said his friend got these at the the first or second JAF CON event so that would have been some time ago.

Oh and another thing.  Most Resin Kit makers that I know here in Japan are VERY picky about thier work.  Meaning a large kit like this would never be put just in a bag.  Especially older kits.  Just wouldn't happen.  They take pride in thier work and they want it to be safe.  Unless they were like me...and wanted to save money.  :lol:

Rob

319567[/snapback]

Again not always true. I have many event only kits that are just in a bag. Of my older kits I have L-Trans-R kits in bags, all the old IHP kits came in bags. It's just recently IHP (now Liquid Stone) has been using boxes. And I've seen many current kits in bags as well. Here is a non-BW one.

400x221_2004110500047.jpg

Long story short I'm inclined to believe Valk009's friend. I trust Noel too so I was trying to understand how both could be true. Maybe BW was much more slack in those days. I just don't know but I'm not ready to call anyone a liar just yet.

Thanks,

Carl

post-12-1100282842.jpg

Another most recent "expensive" kit in a plastic bag is the 1/72 YF-19 Battroid.

15,000 Yen the price tag at Wonder Festival Winter'05

Noel

320026[/snapback]

Have you got a picture of this kit Noel? I just want to be sure I know which one you are talking about.

Thanks,

Carl

After seeing so much queries on this I asked my friend in regards to the authenticity of the kits.

They were purchased back in the early '90s at JAFCON (now called Hobby something). The design is not much to write about and the main sculpt and dimensions were based on the model kit, of course with modifications!

Although his collection is not what it used to be anymore, he is more than happy to share the pics and for use as reference in the model archive on Macrossworld.

After seeing so much queries on this I asked my friend in regards to the authenticity of the kits.

320619[/snapback]

Thanks Valk009. Any chance your friend knows Seichi? If he's who I think he is wasn't he on the boards here himself maybe 2 or 3 years ago? If I'm right PLEASE welcome him back. I wish I could remember his ID...

Any word on the kit I PM'd you about?

Thanks again,

Carl

Another most recent "expensive" kit in a plastic bag is the 1/72 YF-19 Battroid.

15,000 Yen the price tag at Wonder Festival Winter'05

Noel

320026[/snapback]

Have you got a picture of this kit Noel? I just want to be sure I know which one you are talking about.

Thanks,

Carl

320283[/snapback]

I think I found the answer to my own question...

Kantogakuindaigaku-Mokeidourakuka YF-19 Battroid 2005 Improved Articulation Version:

Kantogakuindaigaku-Mokeidourakukai4.jpg

Kantogakuindaigaku-Mokeidourakukai2.jpg

Kantogakuindaigaku-Mokeidourakukai1.jpg

Kantogakuindaigaku-Mokeidourakukai3.jpg

271225[/snapback]

Carl

Edited by wwwmwww

• 1 month later...