Yamato 1/60 Super and Strike Re-releases

twinmoons

Hi guys,

I just received information from our supplier that in addition to the 1/48 releases in October, and also in addition to the re-release of the 1/48 VF-1S Roy, Yamato is also re-releasing the following 1/60 scale valks:

- 1/60 VF-1S Strike Valkyrie

- 1/60 VF-1J Max Super Valkyrie

- 1/60 VF-1J Millia Super Valkyrie

We will be re-stocking these and taking pre-orders for them again on our site shortly!

Best Regards,

Tamim

Edited by twinmoons

You're very welcome :) Yep, the strike is the VF-1S Roy. I was hoping they would re-release the Super VF-1J hikaru, but no sign of that happening (at least not yet).

As far as I know at this point it doesn't look like they've changed anything. This might be just a straight re-release. I just hope they don't go and put them in giant boxes like the VE-1 and VT-1.

BTW, the pre-orders are up and ready:

Yamato 1/60 VF-1S Strike Valkyrie Preorder

yam60vf1ssk.jpg

Yamato 1/60 Super VF-1J Millia Valkyrie Preorder

yam60vf1jmils.jpg

Yamato 1/60 Super VF-1J Max Valkyrie Preorder

yam60vf1jmaxs.jpg

Edited by twinmoons

I would still like to see a Hikaru Strike come out, but I'm happy at least to see these are coming back out.

Quite surprising that the Super-Hikaru is not out. Does this imply they have not refitted the Super-Hikaru?

Yamato will probably re-release the hikaru vf-1j at about the same time the 1/48 version is released. :D

Talk about Yamato milking the cow. Most of us will have to file for bankruptcy! LOL :lol:

And thanks Tam for the info. :)

Quite surprising that the Super-Hikaru is not out. Does this imply they have not refitted the Super-Hikaru?

Yamato will probably re-release the hikaru vf-1j at about the same time the 1/48 version is released. :D

That's an interesting idea, and perhaps it may even be as you said. :)

Well, maybe they'll release the older Valks and make them FAST-capable while they are at it.. maybe we'll see a DYRL FAST Hikaru-1A.

They may not re-issue the Hikaru 1J super, since it used an older mold. Non-collapsing gunpod, and old style arms. Unless they reissue it afterwards with the enhancements Max, Millia, and Roy got. Already have Hikaru so it doesn't matter much to me now. Millia on the other hand I could use.

They may not re-issue the Hikaru 1J super, since it used an older mold. Non-collapsing gunpod, and old style arms. Unless they reissue it afterwards with the enhancements Max, Millia, and Roy got. Already have Hikaru so it doesn't matter much to me now. Millia on the other hand I could use.

It would also be kinda weird to reissue the Hikaru VF-1J with it's DYRL components after they tried so hard to get the 1/48 to be so authentic to the series. It's still my favorite of all the 1/60's.

Maybe there's hope for the 1/60 fastpack upgrade yet...

Having a re-issue Roy w/ Fast Packs included still leads me to think they won't release the separate FP kits. For the trouble and parts involved to do it, they might as well reissue the old valks, just like they did for Roy. I still want a Hikaru Strike in 1/60 since Roy is the only S head they have released.

I wonder if Yamato will re-release the 1/60 Max DYRL VF-1A...that one was a hot seller. I know most retailers are sold out of those...

:p:D

I detect sarcasm..... :lol:

Did Max and Millia's VF-1J's originally have the collapsable gunpods like Roy had? I thought they did, but I'm not sure now. If not does anyone know if these will? Just curious.

Did Max and Millia's VF-1J's originally have the collapsable gunpods like Roy had?  I thought they did, but I'm not sure now.  If not does anyone know if these will?  Just curious.

They should be, as they are released after the Strike-1S. IIRC the pictures correctly, they are.

These links also shows that.. Look at the placement of the peg hole.

Yamato Max-1J Box

Yamato Miria-1J Box

Maybe there's hope for the 1/60 fastpack upgrade yet...

May not be. If they upgrade the older Valks and repackage with FAST packs, commercially it doesn't make sense to release a stand-alone upgrade packs.

Even if they upgrade the older Valks but do not repackage and sell the FAST packs separately (ala 1/48), those of us with older Valks would still be up the creek.. since we need the replacement parts.

I just looked at my original Yamato Super VF-1J and it DOES have a collapsible gunpod. So I'm sure the new ones will have them also.

eh.. This is strange. I recall the Strike-1S being the first with collapsable gunpod. The Super-1J still came with the older gunpod, which created a lot of problems as the FAST packs pushed the gunpod lower and made it hard to not scrape the ground.

Hmm, but I believe the Strike VF-1S was released way before the Super M&Ms. I just looked at both my Max and Millia super VF-1Js and they both have the collapsible gunpods. In fact, even the picture of the battroid on the side of the box clearly shows the gunpod to be collapsible.

Edited by twinmoons

Hmm, but I believe the Strike VF-1S was released way before the Super M&Ms. I just looked at both my Max and Millia super VF-1Js and they both have the collapsible gunpods. In fact, even the picture of the battroid on the side of the box clearly shows the gunpod to be collapsible.

Oh, sorry -- confusion. I thought you were referring to the Hikaru Super-1J. The Max and Miria types does come with collapsable gunpods.

LOL. Whew, I thought I was losing it for a minute there. I don't have my Hikaru handy, but I believe you're correct that it didn't have the collapsible gunpod.

No, Hikaru's 1J did not have the collapsable gunpod, it was the last one released like that. It's my only 1J. For now.